996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Unflattering Article in Car and Driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:50 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
There is a blog out there by his (would have been) future family members, friends, and people who he allegedly stole hundreds of thousands from.. WOW, this would be a hell of a made for tv movie.

Don't know how the mods would feel about a posting it

Old 10-28-2010, 03:30 AM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NOLA911
There is a blog out there by his (would have been) future family members, friends, and people who he allegedly stole hundreds of thousands from.. WOW, this would be a hell of a made for tv movie.

Easy enough to pop up in a Google search I guess.

Strange how no one seems to have come forward with this info before him perishing tho.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:55 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
give me a break. alot of people questioned his ethics/morals before his death. sucks he got killed but quit acting like he was a "saint" and a great fellow. just because he was into fast exotic cars does not give him a pass on his ethics/morals and put him on a pedestal.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:16 AM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Christian
give me a break. alot of people questioned his ethics/morals before his death. sucks he got killed but quit acting like he was a "saint" and a great fellow. just because he was into fast exotic cars does not give him a pass on his ethics/morals and put him on a pedestal.

I didn't know him nor did I previously come across anything questioning his reputation. I'm in no way defending him. I'm shocked however that with the amount of coverage and exposure he got on the web no one tracked him down or at least made it public enough. From what I goggled it appears as he took a lot of people for quite a ride.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:01 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
I read the article. I am saddened that VR Alexander was killed, although I did not know him personally.

BTW, lots of people around here say they work for the Department of Defense (DOD), including DIA, DARPA, DDR&E, etc., because they do. All of the negative reporting about this fellow was by innuendo - no concrete data. It should have been more about the tragedy of his death, rather then a smear campaign. This is why I don't talk to the media anymore - everything is distorted to create "melodrama." The rest of the story seems like an ad for the Dodge Viper ACR / X.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
who cares? Leave what is dead, dead.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:32 AM
BierGut is a jewel in the roughBierGut is a jewel in the roughBierGut is a jewel in the roughBierGut is a jewel in the rough
I don't know... kind of adds an air of mystery... like the old stories about John Paul, Sr. selling drugs to fund his IMSA racing.

To this day he's a bit larger than life, wouldn't you say? Virtual Reality for sure.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:52 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NOLA911

A quick google search turned up that blog, and all I can say is wow. It paints a different picture than that of those who have had VR Alexander stickers made and stuck to their cars. I won't post a link here, as I don't believe the mods would approve. There is actually a link on that site pointing back to 6Speed, but the post has been removed here.

Originally Posted by Lennon31987
who cares? Leave what is dead, dead.
If I lost a Carrera GT, or 7 figures, to someone whom I believed had scammed me, whether he did or didn't, I'd probably be looking for a way to get it back as well.

Having said that, I don't wish ill on him, may his family find some comfort, and I hope he rests in peace. At a minimum, tragic events like this should serve as a reminder that high rates of speed on a circuit not specifically designed as a race track, can much easier be proven fatal.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:37 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Christian
I didnt know Alex, although I had met him twice and talked to him
once on the phone (when he called me about a disparraging remark
that I made about him in regards to "car ownership").

When I did finally meet him, he was more than a gentleman.
The article seems to mirror alot of what I had "heard" and there is not
much I can add or deny to its validity or not. RIP

Old 10-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I knew Alex and I also knew the stories about him. Let me put it this way, I would not go into a business venture or take him up on his offer to "come stay at the Wynn" which he claimed to own 8% of (a friend of mine did and ended up paying for the room).

However, Alex was very helpful and generous with his time with me, helping me to data log and get my new, at that time, turbos dialed in. Therefore I would prefer to remember that part of him and that he died like a true enthusiast.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 10-28-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:23 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
A seemingly unncessary tangent to go off on??? Agenda???

Old 10-28-2010, 06:42 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
So here is my thinking on this...and I've done quite a bit actually.

We are measured, in retrospect, by what we do here with the time we have. As men- fully formed, mature men- we should expect to be judged by the full dimensions of our contributions- as an enthusiast, an earner,a father,a husband, a team member, a contributing member of society.

While I suppose one can be happy with the remembrance of "what a great car enthusiast" I'd rather be remember by what I meant and did to and for everyone.

By way of example:

Ben Keaton. VR Alexander.

Two fellows who died pursuing speed. I surely know which of these two I'd rather be considered a peer.

While these are 'accusations' and perhaps 'unproven' about VR, there is a certain mindset of "who cares how he got the money/wheels/chicks, he was one of us". I personally feel there has to be more to it than that.

I feel very strongly about this.

Adam

Old 10-29-2010, 08:44 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
I belive that if a person is dead,we all must respect his memory...for him,for his family,for his friend.
If a make a statment of someone dead it better be a good one,otherwise the deadone is NOT here to have an oportunity to defend him self,which is unfair.
C&D magazine,which is one of the best car magazine in the world,does not have any bussines to talk about his personal life.
I didn't know VR...not even know who he was until my friend Alex told me about his passion of fast cars.
Now he is dead let him rest in peace.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:19 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Poor judgement for car and driver. Even if this guy is a crook, why bring it up in an article that talks about car racing? The man is dead. Have some decency.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:52 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive
Poor judgement for car and driver. Even if this guy is a crook, why bring it up in an article that talks about car racing? The man is dead. Have some decency.
I agree. Especially tacky to blend it in to an article about a specific event that they are participating in - the content about Alex has no place there, other than a potential mention of his crash.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unflattering Article in Car and Driver