996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thoughts on price for low mile 2004 seal grey Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
thats a good deal for a cpo'd car, being that the mileage is so low.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 AM
TTUEE is infamous around these parts
I forgot to add that my PPI was $250 and felt good to get it done. I'm still looking for a tech with the magic chrystal ball that can see into the future .

Old 11-05-2010, 01:42 PM
SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !SuperleggeraGT3 Is a GOD !
Did you end up picking up that car at Paul Miller?

Old 11-05-2010, 04:53 PM
zer0t has a spectacular aura aboutzer0t has a spectacular aura about
Doing a ppi this week. Will update he thread when it is done. They weren't thrilled that I wanted to send it out because of the CPO.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:21 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
You're wise to get a PPI done.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:42 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zer0t
Doing a ppi this week. Will update he thread when it is done. They weren't thrilled that I wanted to send it out because of the CPO.
I know a fellow here bought a 'fresh' CPO from Sonnen porshce. No PPI. (Why? They are a slick, stylish dealer here in northern CA who act like peers- guys just like us, integrity, 'we sell porsches afterall')

Then he started finding stuff- evidence of a roll cage, removed and carpet cut... non-porsche software in the DME...little stuff like that... whoa.

Yes.

Sonnen refused to do anything, said 'buyer beware' and 'it passed our CPO, we just musta missed it..happens'

Where is this buyer if the engine blows up and porsche says "No warranty, DME was modified"?

Good Luck with the PPI- hopefully it is clear sailing.

A

Old 11-06-2010, 08:11 AM
JG GT500 is infamous around these parts
Who's performing the PPI?

Old 11-06-2010, 08:13 AM
I am trying to get it into the place in Rockaway, Powertech. A friend of mine has a GT3 and does business with them and he is trying to work it out for me.

BTW, I called Ray Catena Porsche to look at it and they don't do a very thorough PPI. The hook it up to the computer and look for over revvs and open recalls, no paint review, etc. Not very good in my view.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I am trying to get it into the place in Rockaway, Powertech. A friend of mine has a GT3 and does business with them and he is trying to work it out for me.
They did the 45K maintenance on mine back in July - I was satisfied with the work performed.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I may be a disappointment to the turbo crowd here but I bought an 04 GT3 with 10k miles, arctic silver, carbon fiber wheel, shifter, completely clear bra on hood 1/3 fenders and the nose. 56.5k at Ferrari of central NJ. I drove and couldn't believe how much I liked it.

thanks all.

Old 11-13-2010, 03:14 PM
The only disappointing aspect of your post is the absence of pics
Lets see the new ride! Awesome - love the 6GT3.

Last edited by JG GT500; 11-13-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Here it is in the showroom with my iPhone. My favorite color for a 996 car

Old 11-13-2010, 06:17 PM
DeanOU is a jewel in the roughDeanOU is a jewel in the roughDeanOU is a jewel in the rough
Excellent purchase and congrats on the GT3.

That 2004 seal grey 996T you were considering was acquired by Paul Miller Porsche as a distress sale when the previous (private) owner could not get bids over $49k on Ebay about 6-8 months ago. There is always something suspicious about these cars that can't seem to sell, despite the low mileage.

Dean

Old 11-13-2010, 06:26 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DeanOU

That 2004 seal grey 996T you were considering was acquired by Paul Miller Porsche as a distress sale when the previous (private) owner could not get bids over $49k on Ebay about 6-8 months ago. There is always something suspicious about these cars that can't seem to sell, despite the low mileage.

Dean
Here is the thing that is kinda schizophrenic about the market:

Owner put the car on ebay, maybe he is a dentist, doesnt do well handling communications, pissed off about low prices, feels buyers need to "prove they are worthy" of his time...

Buyers look at this low mile car and thing "Uh Oh, no shiny showroom, no paragraphs of glowing text, no carfax linky... can't be trusted" Combine that with standoffish emails responses, and a 'take it or leave it' attitude.

Finally, the owner dumps it to a dealer (at below where he probably got his very first offer!!). Dealer throws a crappy detail on the car (which the next buyer should strip off and do a total refurb) tosses up boilerplate on a website, and someone buys it thinking "Well its a dealer, they only sell good cars".

The trick to both parties is to break that cycle...

A

Old 11-14-2010, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by DeanOU

Dean
I don't know what it was with the car. I love the turbo cars, the car looked really nice, it drove great, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it. Had I not found the GT3 I may have, but I was also noticing some very nice TT cars by owner, including two on this board. Something was just preventing me from doing it, not sure what.

I always liked the GT3 and then I went and sat, drove in one and couldn't help myself. I would also say given what I've seen them for asking price that this one was fairly priced, I felt he discounted from there fairly and I got a fair deal on the car. More importantly it is super clean, fully documents, full service records, low mile car.

Interestingly the previous owner claims its never been tracked, but traded it in for a 360 Stradale. All I care is that when the dealer looks at the computer there's no over revving.