996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thoughts on price for low mile 2004 seal grey Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:09 PM
zer0t has a spectacular aura aboutzer0t has a spectacular aura about
Thoughts on price for low mile 2004 seal grey Turbo?

I can get this car CPO for $57,000 and it has 19,100 miles. Is that a good price? I drove it and it looks and feel like a new car. Original MSRP was $126.145.00

http://www.paulmiller.com/pre_owned_stock_item/5819

Old 10-29-2010, 01:21 PM
JG GT500 is infamous around these parts
Nice ride.

PM is always higher than market IMO.

That car has been there for a while if I remember correctly.

Does your CPO include new tires, rotors, and pads, fresh "minor maintenance".

Maintenance history? Ownership history?

10% off asking would be more reasonable IMO, i.e. about $53-54K.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:22 PM
☣MUSCLE☣ has a spectacular aura about☣MUSCLE☣ has a spectacular aura about
You know my thoughts on this! But either way. I think the price point is great for that car. If it has passed inspection that definitely go for it. The color is great, I love the wheels. exhaust tips are better in reality, it's what I am running at the moment.

Overall a great looking car. No visible wear/tear on the interior from those shots. Sits nice.

Seriously consider this ! If you go with cash in hand offer 'em 55Gs.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:39 PM
I have them down from a ridiculously high 60 to 57. I may take a ride over with a pen and a check for 54 and tell'em I'm ready to sign. If he chases me out I'll just wait because I have no where to go with the car anyway. IMHO PM is always a bit higher than everyone else.

The car, from what they told me, is a one owner federal judge who babied a bit too much according the sales manager. It has fresh tires, pad, fluids and other minor maintenance items as part of the CPO warranty which is 2 years 100k miles.

If I change the exhaust does that void Porsche's warranty?

Old 10-29-2010, 02:03 PM
☣MUSCLE☣ has a spectacular aura about☣MUSCLE☣ has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by zer0t
I have them down from a ridiculously high 60 to 57. I may take a ride over with a pen and a check for 54 and tell'em I'm ready to sign. If he chases me out I'll just wait because I have no where to go with the car anyway. IMHO PM is always a bit higher than everyone else.

The car, from what they told me, is a one owner federal judge who babied a bit too much according the sales manager. It has fresh tires, pad, fluids and other minor maintenance items as part of the CPO warranty which is 2 years 100k miles.

If I change the exhaust does that void Porsche's warranty?
Definitely not. But check with them anyway.

This car sounds good to me. I told you the moment I heard about it. Go for it man, you will NOT regret it.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:08 PM
SRISER has a spectacular aura aboutSRISER has a spectacular aura aboutSRISER has a spectacular aura about
That was going to be my back up car in case the car I did by fell through. I got a 2002 CPO X50 with 28k on it, carbon fiber, ruffled leather, CD, Nav, deviated stitching (red), belts (red), with all books and records for $53 and that included $1.5k in covered shipping from Colorado. Orginal asking was $56. However, had to put on tires when I got it.

Last time I communicated with Nancy at Paul Miller, that car had a deposit on it. I guess that fell through. I would offer $53 if everything checks out...or maybe even less. You have nothing to lose...there are other nice examples out there.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:10 PM
SRISER has a spectacular aura aboutSRISER has a spectacular aura aboutSRISER has a spectacular aura about
I put the original exhaust back on when it goes in for warranty work. Have not changed DV's or suspension components and won't until I am off warranty. In the meantime, just trying to get deals on the parts that I want.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:11 PM
BTW, the CPO warranty is void if you buy the car private party. Clearly stated in the warranty literature. If it is sold via a Porsche dealer, no problem. Just make sure you send the updated card to PCNA...as they also state that you may be denied coverage if you don't. Lots of little loopholes out there for them.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:15 PM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SRISER
BTW, the CPO warranty is void if you buy the car private party. Clearly stated in the warranty literature. If it is sold via a Porsche dealer, no problem. Just make sure you send the updated card to PCNA...as they also state that you may be denied coverage if you don't. Lots of little loopholes out there for them.
I wonder if that's new - I have bought pre-owned 911s before from individuals and the CPO warranty carried over with the car. As long as it doesn't go through another non-Porsche dealer, I think it moves with the car. I could be wrong, but it definitely worked for me.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Good catch...it may in fact be non-porsche dealers. Looking it up...yep, non-Porsche dealers and brokers void the warranty. Apologize for that...so much for memory!

Old 10-29-2010, 02:38 PM
JG GT500 is infamous around these parts
I just went on Porsche USA website - searched for CPO 996 Turbo - there's a seal grey with 25K miles in Mass. listed for $49K. Take a ride tomorrow and save yourself $5,000-10,000.

(then send me a finders fee )

Old 10-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah, PM won't budge off the 58k and now they are telling me someone else may buy it. The car had a fair number of stone chips up the hood and the bumper for the top dollar they are looking for.

I really hate that. The car in Mass sounds like a great deal. I'll call them tomorrow.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by zer0t
Yeah, PM won't budge off the 58k and now they are telling me someone else may buy it. The car had a fair number of stone chips up the hood and the bumper for the top dollar they are looking for.

I really hate that. The car in Mass sounds like a great deal. I'll call them tomorrow.
Great. Let some other sucker buy it. And they wonder why they have had trouble moving the car...over priced.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Sorry, I meant 57k....fat finger typo. I may buy it anyway because I really like it.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Durango Kid has a spectacular aura aboutDurango Kid has a spectacular aura about
IMHO, $57k is the right price for that car. Go for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on price for low mile 2004 seal grey Turbo?