996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Hesitating ... and sometimes stalling approraching a stoplight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Hesitating ... and sometimes stalling approraching a stoplight

My 996TT has been "kinda" hesitating as I shift gears ... also .. there have been instances where the car would just stall as I slow down to a stop ....

The dealer computer didnt throw any faults ... although, I have had a few hot film MAF faults every so often that would go away after I restarted the car.

Might not be MAF since a new one was put in January.

Someone has mentioned it might be coil packs ... another one boost / vacuum leak ... but nothing definitive.

I have a durametric on the way, but I'm a somewhat concerned since the PIWIS didnt read any faults, I'm curious if the Durametric will be able to find anything ...

Any thoughts anyone? Thx!

Old 10-29-2010, 03:17 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Flashed? lightweight flywheel?

Old 10-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,
Wait for your Durametric, do some logs when the engine mis behaves and post the results. Especially looking for Consistent MAF readings, no misfire codes ie -0300 ,0301 to 6. Constant voltage readings and Lambda bank 1 & 2.
Have you checked for air leaks/vacuum leaks. By the sounds of your problem it might only be a very small one.
I'm sure there will be more 6speed members along shortly who are more qualified that will have an input and know if there are more logs to make.
Good luck.
Frank

Old 10-29-2010, 06:43 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Could be fuel pump. Do you have high-pitched whine below 1/2 tank of gas?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
my maf is three months old and went bad last night. 10 months ago is a long time. Plus one on what sunnyside said.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:15 PM
pwarnery is infamous around these parts
My car used to stall when coming to a stop. Turns out I had a slit in the F-hose. Found it by doing a boost leak after the MAF. Replaced the hose and no more stalling.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ttboost
Flashed? lightweight flywheel?
100% stocker

Old 10-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I had quite a bit of hesitation when I first bought my TT and eventually figured out it was one of the coils. It hesitated for about 2 months before I finally matted the pedal during one of its bucking bronco routines and it returned an error code that told me what cylinder I had to concentrate on. I replaced the coil for that cylinder and it was like having a new car but there was never a code until I really pushed it while the hesitation was happening.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:46 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Try to clean the TB first time and see if the car still hesitates.

When i had the K&N filter after some km the car begin to hesitate, i took it to the dealer and they said that the TB has dirty... and from then i switch back to the oem filter.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Got Durametric ... no faults ...

There's the rarity "wet film maf" fault .. then the car would go crazy with the idle ... that would go away after a restart ...

I was a lil disappointed, thought that it'd be throwing codes left and right so I'll have some place to start with ...

Durametric Newbie question: Can anybody tell me what the drive links are and the diff from actual values (that are indeed estimated) .. LOL