996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

5.37, 1.61 BAR, 100 octane

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
5.37, 1.61 BAR, 100 octane

Just took my GT2 out for a couple runs at the local "dragstrip" near my house (around a 2.0% decline). The car is running Sunoco 100 octane (3/4 tank), at 1.61 BAR (60% on the EBC). Not only did I run a 5.37 the first run, but I also ran a 5.37 the second run! Both with 1-shift.

I still haven't taken the time to put MS109 in the tank and datalog at higher boost levels, but with the track rental coming in 3 weeks, I need to get off my butt and do it. I think things will get really interesting at 1.8 BAR.

For reference, I run 100 octane at 1.5-1.6 BAR, and 93 octane at 1.4-1.5 BAR.

Attached Images   

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-30-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:21 PM
☣MUSCLE☣ has a spectacular aura about☣MUSCLE☣ has a spectacular aura about
Incredible

Ridiculous. Congratulations. Your car is wicked!

Must have a nice "Dragstrip" out there

How is your GTR working out for you? P600 I see in your signature. Flash, filter and exhaust?

Old 10-30-2010, 12:34 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
thats awesome...i think at 1.8bar you should be able to do 5-5.1 60-130

Old 10-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by slavik
thats awesome...i think at 1.8bar you should be able to do 5-5.1 60-130
1.8 BAR is another 50-60 rwhp, so I would hope so.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by ☣MUSCLE☣

How is your GTR working out for you? P600 I see in your signature. Flash, filter and exhaust?
Yep, cat-back exhaust, filters and tune. I've already shaved 2 seconds from my stock 60-130 time, and we're still tuning. Once we get done with 93 octane, we'll shift to 100 octane. It's a truly great car!

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-30-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:59 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Outstanding run Scott!!

What whp do you think you had for that run?

Old 10-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Yep, cat-back exhaust, filters and tune. I've already shaved 2 seconds from my stock 60-130 time, and we're still tuning. Once we get done with 93 octane, we'll shift to 100 octane. It's a truly great car!
It really is. But what we have noticed here in Kuwait since we have such long stretches of road, that once that thing gets going its starts to trail off fast compared to an equally modified Porsche. Say an 800GTR vs. an 800911. Once we start hitting 4th and 5th that GTR starts to trail off fast....Relative to the Porsche anyway. Have you had a chance to run it at high speeds?

1.8 BAR is another 50-60 rwhp, so I would hope so.
I think you're secretly aiming for the 4s which I think you can achieve

Old 10-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
Outstanding run Scott!!

What whp do you think you had for that run?
Well, I only have my pump numbers to use as a comparison. It made 712 at 1.5 BAR on 93 on TPC's dyno, so maybe 740-750??

Old 10-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
good work... and just because it peaked 1.61 doesn't mean it actually ran it... if you log the car you will probably see 1.57 sustained... if that...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-30-2010, 01:08 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
So you keeping it stock lasted for what 2 weeks? We knew you were full of it when you said that!

lol

Old 10-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by ☣MUSCLE☣
It really is. But what we have noticed here in Kuwait since we have such long stretches of road, that once that thing gets going its starts to trail off fast compared to an equally modified Porsche. Say an 800GTR vs. an 800911. Once we start hitting 4th and 5th that GTR starts to trail off fast....Relative to the Porsche anyway. Have you had a chance to run it at high speeds?
The GT-R is not what I would call a roll-on car. It's very heavy and it requires a lot of power for highway rolls. I agree with you that in most cases, HP to HP, a modified Porsche will be faster from a roll at high speeds.

But, from low speeds the GT-R is extremely fast. I would say that the way my car sits now (500-520 awhp??) there are VERY few street cars that will beat me from a dig or anywhere from 0-100 mph.

I think you're secretly aiming for the 4s which I think you can achieve
No comment.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
good work... and just because it peaked 1.61 doesn't mean it actually ran it... if you log the car you will probably see 1.57 sustained... if that...
mark
I always post peak boost achieved so that there are no debates. It keeps things simple.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by raineycd
So you keeping it stock lasted for what 2 weeks? We knew you were full of it when you said that!

lol
I know, I know.

I think a stock GT-R's only weak-point is that from a roll, it's a tad slow. A setup like this really changes the characteristics of the car and makes it exponentially more enjoyable.

Once tuning is done, I'll leave the GT-R alone and won't add any more mods. This year.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:22 PM
The GT-R is not what I would call a roll-on car. It's very heavy and it requires a lot of power for highway rolls. I agree with you that in most cases, HP to HP, a modified Porsche will be faster from a roll at high speeds.

But, from low speeds the GT-R is extremely fast. I would say that the way my car sits now (500-520 awhp??) there are VERY few street cars that will beat me from a dig or anywhere from 0-100 mph.

No comment.

From a dig and at low speeds, that thing is unbeatable! Nobody can touch you. Enjoy it in good health Mr. Moderator!

Old 10-30-2010, 01:37 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
'Great Scott' that's quick! Outstanding result. Now, did you verify that yourself?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5.37, 1.61 BAR, 100 octane