996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

2004 tt just starting out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:33 AM
sendtobrit is infamous around these parts
2004 tt just starting out

I have been reading these forums for quite awhile and i have some questions.
I own a 2004 silver tt x50 and i decided to go with Markski and he has been great, but i was wondering if anyone on hear is from Utah and can suggest some
good auto mechanics to put on mods? I just barely bought an exhaust, flash,
air filter and dv's and the guy that is doing it now will be ok for these easy installs but in the future i might need someone else who has a little more experience with this.

About future upgrades i was thinking about doing 18g's or even Markski's k24/911gt hybrid has anyone done these? how do they compare to the 18g's?
are they like the billet k16's as far as more torque?

Last question is here in Utah they only have 91 octane but they do have race gas at the pump also but i have heard that 91 acts like 93 because of elevation
is that correct?

Sorry for all the questions but have not been able to find a lot of answers through searching these forums thanks for any input.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm not feeling the love guys! Maybe i asked to many questions

Old 11-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
I don't know the exact calculation, but yes altitude does help with the octane. I also only have 91 available, but I live at 6500 feet.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Nikolas do you have any mods on your car?

Old 11-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Just an EPL flash.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Colt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really niceColt45ccg is just really nice
91 is fine given the altitude for non-turbo cars; I cant speak to the 996TT. As far as porsche mechanics- outside of the dealer I'm not sure that any exist in SLC.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks Colt!

Old 11-03-2010, 05:43 AM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sendtobrit
Last question is here in Utah they only have 91 octane but they do have race gas at the pump also but i have heard that 91 acts like 93 because of elevation
is that correct?
I will recommend you put a methanol/h2o injection kit on your car. For years I steered away from this thinking it would be a huge pain in the ***(false). It has proven it's merit to me personally and I do not have to fill very often. Maybe once every 2-3 gasoline fill ups for a 6 quart container so a 5 gallon container lasts a long time. The aquamist system has a failsafe built in that will reduce boost to spring pressure when no flow is detected.

If octane is your issue then get this cost effective secondary fuel system that will give you octane results similar to C16 leaded race gas...wow! Not to mention insurance against detonation at higher boost levels and a lower IAT.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:03 AM
I have thought about that but my tuner has steered me away from doing that!
I have actually talked to two tuners and one said do it and the other said not to
so i am confused.

I am taking this one step at a time when i get my car back from the shop we will see how much faster it is and what my next step will be. How much more whp will the Aquamist kit give me versus not having one?

Old 11-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Banned
Robin@EPL is infamous around these parts
The Aquamist system helps not only with peak power, but with consistency. Significantly stronger ignition timing and higher boost levels are possible with the methanol.

http://www.eplabs.net/case-studies/p...on-case-study/

Take a read there and let me know if you have any more questions about it!

Old 11-03-2010, 02:29 PM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Robin@EPL
The Aquamist system helps not only with peak power, but with consistency. Significantly stronger ignition timing and higher boost levels are possible with the methanol.

http://www.eplabs.net/case-studies/p...on-case-study/

Take a read there and let me know if you have any more questions about it!
Yes...what he said...and not to mention with EPL Tune about 60-70 awhp!!

Old 11-03-2010, 03:18 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I can't help you concerning the K24/911 hybrid kit because honestly, this is the first I've heard about it. That must be something new he's developed. I did have the 18g and was completely happy with them. As far as I'm concerned the 18g is enough for most people. I had minimal mods and started much the same as you with an exhaust, dv, 5 bar, ebc, clutch and a V Flow intake. I'd talk with Mark about it and see what his thoughts are regarding the two setup. You're in good hands just listen to what he has to say and you'll be fine.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Banned
Robin@EPL is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AlphaDog28
Yes...what he said...and not to mention with EPL Tune about 60-70 awhp!!
How's your car running, Clay?

Old 11-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Mark has been great! I just need my auto shop to get off their duff and get my car done! Mark has given me good advice and he has told me to stay away from
the Methanol kits. I guess my best option is to do an 18g and keep adding different mods to safeguard my engine like IC's, intake etc...
BTW his exhaust sounds so good!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Robin@EPL
How's your car running, Clay?
Great. I sent you an email.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2004 tt just starting out