996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car is at EVOMS getting the gt2 slave conversion and Stage 3 Clutch!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drhenrock
WOW! 534hp and 620ft/lbs (flywheel); w/flash exhaust and IC's on 91 oct....how is that possible? Seriously?
Is that what it would be at the crank??? Yeah, that does seem a bit high, doesn't it. Today was around 70 deg. in Phoenix, but still. What really suprised me was the disparity between the hp and torque numbers. It will be interesting to look at the graphs.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Update: Car is back and feels great!

Got the car back and I have only 20 miles on it so far, but I already love it. Pedal effort is definately greater, but it doesn't bug me at all. I don't even really notice except for starting from a stop. New clutch grabs like crazy and feels great. Engagement point with this set up (evoms stage 3 and gt2 conversion) is lower than stock, but not bad. Regardless, Robert at Evoms wants to raise it up a bit so he is fabbing a longer slave/rod pin to get it back to the stock level (apparently its a quick swap...they are going to let me know when it is ready and will install it while I wait). Honestly, even if the engagement stayed where it is, I'd be a happy camper, as I would take a low engagement over a high one any day.

REALLY happy with this mod. Its probably in my head, but the car just feels more responsive and eager (first time I took off the car shot out like it just wanted to drag race!). I have also noticed that the car does not seem to "spin up" as much when I'm shifting quickly. Before these changes If I shifted high in the rpm range the rpms tended to "jump" a bit when pushing in the clutch to change gears...that is now completely gone. I haven't really gotten on it too hard yet becuase I want to break in the clutch with some good stop and go driving over the next few days, but I'll report back on how it feels from a dig once its broken in.

Summary of mods/changes: replaced worn flyweel with known good used unit; gt2 slave conversion; stage 3 evoms clutch; gbox detent; replaced tranny mount (old one was falling apart).

I could not be happier with the service I got at EVOMS. They were super conscientious and responsive, and the labor they charged was extremely fair in my opinon. And the best part, no more failed accumulators and slaves!

Old 11-17-2010, 03:14 PM
hrs1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
At long last, and after stashing away money for months so my wife would not notice .
+1 PS smart maint/upgrade and miles shouldnt matter that much, i think time brings more wear on these cars

Old 11-17-2010, 03:17 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drhenrock
WOW! 534hp and 620ft/lbs (flywheel); w/flash exhaust and IC's on 91 oct....how is that possible? Seriously?
evoms-calc - thats how.

really? 540HP on K16/exhaust/flash?

tell Mr. Boreham I salute him!

Last edited by ttpopo; 11-17-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:21 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
Is that what it would be at the crank??? Yeah, that does seem a bit high, doesn't it. Today was around 70 deg. in Phoenix, but still. What really suprised me was the disparity between the hp and torque numbers. It will be interesting to look at the graphs.
you should be able to lay waste to a 996 GT2 with those numbers.

why not try it?

Old 11-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by hrs1
+1 PS smart maint/upgrade and miles shouldnt matter that much, i think time brings more wear on these cars
Sad thing is, this was not even a joke! You should have seen the look on the EVOMs cashier lady's face when I pulled out a tattered envelope with a wad of twenties in it!!!! She probably thought I was a drug dealer.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by ttpopo
evoms-calc - thats how.

really? 540HP on K16/exhaust/flash?

tell Mr. Boreham I salute him!
Seems high to me as well, especially since my car does not "feel" that fast to me, according to my butt dyno. Have you worked with Robert B? He's the best tech I've worked with.