996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car is at EVOMS getting the gt2 slave conversion and Stage 3 Clutch!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Car is at EVOMS getting the gt2 slave conversion and Stage 3 Clutch!

At long last, and after stashing away money for months so my wife would not notice , I finally dropped my car off with Robert at EVOMS for the gt2 slave conversion and installation of their stage 3 clutch. I'm also going to be installing the g-box detent at the same time, since the detent is so accessible while the tranny is out (I have no pop out issues, but would like to maximize the chances of keeping it that way!).

I will post impressions after I pick it up!

EDIT/UPDATE: Car is back and I'm stoked...check below for full impressions.

Last edited by Scottslaw; 11-17-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-09-2010, 04:50 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
Nice upgrade indeed. You will be very happy. Nice work out for your left leg as well.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:03 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Good idea.. I can't stand the POS hydraulic assist system. It's doomed to failure anyways and the same on the 997TT. This will make the car so much better as far as drivability

Old 11-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys, I'm so stoked. More than anything I'm just excited about no more slave/accumulator failures!

Also, I'm getting ready for my first marathon in January, so the leg muscles have been getting used a lot more as of late, so I should be ready!

Old 11-09-2010, 07:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Scott,

You will love it! One of the best mods for the 996TT.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 11-09-2010, 08:12 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Congrats Scott! Maybe we can have a PHX mini meet when our cars are out of the shop

Old 11-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Congrats Scott! Maybe we can have a PHX mini meet when our cars are out of the shop
That would be fun. I have a good friend with an 04 ttcab that is in the process of installing D33pblue's old monster UMW kit, and He would definitely be interested in a Phoenix-area meet as well.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:33 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
That would be fun. I have a good friend with an 04 ttcab that is in the process of installing D33pblue's old monster UMW kit, and He would definitely be interested in a Phoenix-area meet as well.
Excellent! DrSullivan has a Speed Yellow 997TT. We've been trying to meet up for the longest time. Maybe a good excuse now

Old 11-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Just got the dyno numbers back from EVOMS' mustang dyno: 457 awhp and 530 awtq. Not too shabby (I guess) for stock k16's, 91 pump gas and 77k miles on the clock. Have not seen the graphs yet, and apparently they are bit wild, but I do have a failed slave and dying flywheel. Can't wait to see how the car feels with the upgrades!

Last edited by Scottslaw; 11-10-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:10 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Those are most excellent numbers but EPL is building a great reputation! What was the peak boost and please let us know what your think about the conversation.
Happy Holidays
Robert

Old 11-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Congrats! Those are most excellent numbers but EPL is building a great reputation! What was the peak boost and please let us know what your think about the conversation.
Happy Holidays
Robert
Thanks Robert. this is a 1.1 bar flash. Typically I will max out at 1.1 bar, and see an occassional spike to 1.2. I'm curious to see the graph.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:20 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
like to hear your what you think about the GT2 conversion when you get it back - comparing it to your previous set up

Old 11-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
like to hear your what you think about the GT2 conversion when you get it back - comparing it to your previous set up
Absolutely. the only caveat is that I'm changing a quite a bit at once, so it will be hard to pinpoint the source of any changed perceptions. When I installed my stock clutch two years ago, my tech indicated the stock flywheel didn't look all that healthy, and I opted not to replace it at that time. I'm replacing that, going to a different clutch, doing the gt2 conversion, and installing the detent, so its going to feel very, very different I'm sure.

I'm most curious to see if something I have observed goes away. When I shift fast while accelerating hard, my rpms tend to continue to raise unless I get off the gas completely before pushing in the clutch. We'll see.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:51 PM
blue911tt is infamous around these parts
nice choice of upgrades I was thinking about going that route.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:37 PM
drhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to behold
WOW! 534hp and 620ft/lbs (flywheel); w/flash exhaust and IC's on 91 oct....how is that possible? Seriously?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is at EVOMS getting the gt2 slave conversion and Stage 3 Clutch!