996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New car ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 06:52 AM
kkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to all
New car ideas?

So my dad is considering getting a new car. Some of the cars he has in mind is a 997 gt2, f430, 360 modena, lambo murcilago, and a few other possiblities. He will be keeping his porsche since he has a bunch of work done to the car. He has the EVOMS GT700 HP upgrade, bilstein coilovers, front and rear sways, techart bodykit as well. He plans on getting a set of wheels, and a few other goodies to finish off the look he wants. With the extra goodies he has a goal of around 150k for a budget to spend on the 996 turbo he currently has to finsih the car, and then spend the rest on something else. The few goodies will be around 15k to do all he wants. So about 135k for another car.

Does anyone have anything good in mind? We have already found a few murcilagos, f430s in the 130k range or a little more. Possibly considering a gt3rs as well. I told him not to get a another AWD car since he already has one. I know the lambo is AWD but he likes the looks. He is really leaning towards getting another ferrari.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:01 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
are we looking for a flashy car or for performance?

some cars to think about
Noble
saleen s7
not sure if they have many in the us but Zhonda
or a nice muscle car or two, Shelby gt500, or classic camaro

might find a Ford GT new model for that price range also

Old 11-15-2010, 08:07 AM
kkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to all
Kind of a little bit of both. Something fun, most cars he is going to buy wouldn't be able to keep up with his porsche in the speed department since he has all that work done.

Zonda for 150k? Where?
He is not a muscle car person, but possibly a ford gt. Altho my brother has one, doubt he would buy a ford gt because of that reason. I showed him a noble and he enjoyed that idea. Also thinking about a atom ariel. The new V8 would be a nice addition

Old 11-15-2010, 08:19 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
ktm crossbow

the new lexus LFA?

you could easily get a nice r8 or GTR and have a bit to spare

maseratis are sweet, basically a luxury ferrari though

Old 11-15-2010, 09:09 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
I would look into a Rossion Q1.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:28 AM
the rossion q1 is a awesome car! I couldn't find a price, does anyone know roughly there cost?

Old 11-15-2010, 10:50 AM
AeroNsx is infamous around these parts
I believe the Q1 is right around 125K.

In the range of cars you are talking about, I really like the Ford GT. It gets horrible gas mileage, but who cares. It looks amazing, and they have and most likely will hold their value as any car in memory.

There are a number of tuners for the Ford GT, and some of them are about as fast as any street car. I believe that Hennessey and JoyRide both have 1000HP kits

Old 11-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Yea that is one nice thing about a ford gt more then likely will increase in value over time. They only made somewhere around 3000 of them.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:01 PM
jbsteven on here has a sick ford gt twin charged i believe

Old 11-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Twin charged GTs are nice and fast, just couldn't see him wanting to get another car like that and upgrade it. The rossion Q1 is a sweet car!

Old 11-15-2010, 01:13 PM
996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold
Arrow The...

Ford GT is a decent idea. GT2 not bad either. Stick with what you know.

*Wouldn't buy "rarer" cars listed above (Zhonda etc...)-asking for trouble.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:21 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Of the car choices you mentioned orginally, I would rule out the gt2 or gt3 since he already has a 911. I would go with the f430, I have not driven one myself but have heard it has a very fun visceral feel to it even though it is not super fast. I have heard that Murci's are horrible with reliability but the gallardo's can be used as a DD.
If it was me with your dads problem I would go with F430 first and a gallardo second.
Doubt that the other cars mentioned would fall into the price range you want.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Of the car choices you mentioned orginally, I would rule out the gt2 or gt3 since he already has a 911. I would go with the f430, I have not driven one myself but have heard it has a very fun visceral feel to it even though it is not super fast. I have heard that Murci's are horrible with reliability but the gallardo's can be used as a DD.
If it was me with your dads problem I would go with F430 first and a gallardo second.
Doubt that the other cars mentioned would fall into the price range you want.
I really think the F430 is his first choice. He used to own a old mondial(i know boring car, but still a ferrari. It was a 84 or 86) that he bought with a 86 carrera targa with a whaletail. So I know he loves both of the cars. Its just a matter what he truely wants to do

Old 11-15-2010, 02:01 PM
eglivincent is infamous around these parts
what about a carrera GT? that would be my choice.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:56 PM
HAHA the budget of 150k maybe a little stretch for a carrera gt!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New car ideas?