996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any feedback or info on Sebro rotors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Originally Posted by VAGscum
Good thoughts. But, I do not think Porsche makes the rotors for our cars. I believe they are sourced from another manufacturer like Brembo or zimmerman or Sebro. And personally I would not assume that anything without the porshe box is inferior based on that alone. With the people running them out there I was hoping for some feedback after some hard use. Sebro and Zimmerman have been around and I have not found much negative info on them.
True. My business is in the service industry for manufacturers, and I can say that in order not to be in bad terms with their customers the manufacture's will change the specs slightly and they will also have different tolerance spec's -99% of the time more lenient than the customer if they decide to sell on the side(usually in my industry it is very rare). Porsche has specifications what X company has to meet requirements before Porsche buy's that product. Perhaps zimmerman rotors or Sebro rotors they sell on the side are because they did not meet Porsche specs ? ...food for though because I'm sure they are legally bind with Porsche not to sell 100% spec Porsche parts. (if porsche has good attorney's)
Good thoughts. Not sure if Porsche would control the manufacturers quality on a rotor as much as only allow them to make them for Porsche. I am not in that industry, but in the aviation industry it is common for parts manufacturers to only be allowed to make a product for a particular OEM or else they get sued and loose their contract. Sometimes it is only for a certain amount of time they have to follow those restrictions. Notice the lack of aftermarket PCCB ceramic disks out there now after all this time. I bet you they are controlling that more than the steel rotors.