996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pix wanted, lowered with H&R springs...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 08:24 PM
KLZ
KLZ is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb Pix wanted, lowered with H&R springs...

would like to see some pix of 996 TT lowered with H&R springs; still iffy on springs or coilovers on my recently purchased 996 TT.
TIA

Old 03-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
Coilovers, no question. Springs, when done alone, will wear out your shocks much more quickly as they typically aren't matched up to the stock shock rates. Coilovers or a matching spring-shock/strut setup will serve your car much better.

Old 03-06-2005, 06:27 AM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
KLZ..sent you PM

in terms of springs/coilovers, it really depends on what you want/need. There are plenty of guys that are running just springs no problem ...a number of them who actually track the car often. Yes, in terms of the total package, the coilovers are the better choice and if I had to do it all over again (strictly b/c of my driving style), I would have gone the coilover route.

But, if you just want to drop the car about 1.5 inches and get slightly better handling than stock, springs will work fine (they help out a decent amout with pitch and squat and some roll).

There are some that complain about sitting too low and really rough driving (with springs), but quite honestly, I havent noticed any of that. There are also a lot of guys who buy stuff just to jump on the band wagon (that's not a bad thing) so just ask yourself why you need better handling. If it's for looks and marginally better handling than stock, springs will work fine for you...otherwise coilovers.

I for one will be moving on to a set of coilovers once I finally decide which one is best for me.

Btw...check my sig for pics.

Good luck.

Old 03-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Banned
FAT-911 is infamous around these parts
This pic is not the best, this is with H&R's, IMO go for coilovers.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:51 PM
KLZ
FAT-911,

your car looks pretty low from this angle, it that H&R springs or coilovers? Thanks for all inputs

Old 03-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Banned
KLZ,

That's with the H&R springs, for what it's worth your better off with coilovers.

Old 03-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Banned
Another angle...

Old 03-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Arm
Arm is infamous around these parts
I bought my car with H&R springs already installed and I couldn't stand them. The car was too low, rode terribly, handled like ****, and was unstable at triple digit speeds, especially over pavement imperfections.

I ditched them in favor of X73 struts and couldn't be happier with the results.

Old 03-06-2005, 07:27 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Heres's an old shot of just HR springs lowered...

Old 03-06-2005, 10:41 PM
msindi is infamous around these parts
checkout the first few pics in my sig....had H&R sprinfs on my 01....rough ride and way too low...
Went the coilover route on the 03

Old 03-07-2005, 09:45 AM
KLZ
Wink

Thanks for the pix everybody, I think I would go with the coilovers.

How does the Pss9 compare to H&R coilovers? I see alot of ppl using Pss9... I've H&R coilovers on my previous P-cars but haven't tried Pss9.

Old 03-07-2005, 12:36 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
I had H&R springs and had huge problems. The H&R springs sag especially in the rear. My car was too low in the rear to properly align. Stay away from H&R springs. I was refunded my money and all the labor for install and removal becuase of the sagging. I would go with Techart/Eibach springs if you don't get coilovers, as they have a teflon spacer on the rear spring which prevents sagging and keeps the car at a resonable height. It is plenty low and the it actually looks perfect, but, I have to say the ride is pretty rough moreso than coilovers.

Lou

Old 03-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Ruiner is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by KLZ
Thanks for the pix everybody, I think I would go with the coilovers.

How does the Pss9 compare to H&R coilovers? I see alot of ppl using Pss9... I've H&R coilovers on my previous P-cars but haven't tried Pss9.
You have a few choices in the coilover area before stepping up to the "big boys":

-X73
-Row
-JIC
-H&R
-PSS9s

This thread will help provide some insight:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...086&perpage=15

The Moton, Penske, or JRZ setup will put you into a new price bracket and is typically reserved for the serious track cars.

Old 03-07-2005, 08:17 PM
nice and low
KC996TT is infamous around these parts
H&R Springs..

Old 03-07-2005, 11:10 PM
SilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud of
have the h&r springs
no problems at all.
didn't notice any worsening of the ride, handles better for what i do, which is not on the track....

with the stock wheels

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pix wanted, lowered with H&R springs...