996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dynoed my car today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
9Eleven, I say yes for sure! Look for more than that based on Raineycd's car which looks very strong. I would call up Markski and see what you have tune wise and talk about fuel. That thing must roast the tires!

Old 11-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
I've got the same set up (24/18), Europipe II (100 cell), but I've also got the inlets, Forge DVs, Markski's ICs, and injectors on a 2wd Gt2. I'm running 100 octane at 1.3 bar. Do you think it would post a 600 rwhp on a dyno (dynojet)? Based on my lamba (.78 to .82), I should have Markski turn up my boost to 1.4. What do you guys think?
We can write the file for 100 octane...
If you had a EBC you could run the boost up and down as you wish...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 11-24-2010, 01:21 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Great numbers but why didnt you used MS 109?
Happy Holidays
Robert
I used the highest unleaded I could find in town... Plus, no need for anything higher since the timing and AFRs were perfect... Just out of injector...

Old 11-24-2010, 04:35 PM
pinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to behold
congrats! great numbers. can't wait to dyno mine also but like you i'm also still running stock ic's cause my carbonetics clutch broke me off

Old 11-24-2010, 04:40 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raineycd
I used the highest unleaded I could find in town... Plus, no need for anything higher since the timing and AFRs were perfect... Just out of injector...
Hmm I have several sets of injectors that are just plug and abuse? You can call Motorwerks in Houston and speak to Akram to see if he has any of my old ones? If so I will sell them to your for pennies.
Merry Christmas
Robert

Old 11-24-2010, 04:54 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
Nice job and congrats!!

Old 11-24-2010, 05:36 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FAST FWD
Very nice, Chad. I'll have to stay out of your way.

Thanks for posting!

Jon
lol, maybe on the straight! Otherwise, I will have to learn how to drive! You seem to have that down!

Old 11-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by robmd99
Hmm I have several sets of injectors that are just plug and abuse? You can call Motorwerks in Houston and speak to Akram to see if he has any of my old ones? If so I will sell them to your for pennies.
Merry Christmas
Robert
Hmmm, interesting! Will have to chat with markski and see what I need size wise.

Originally Posted by turtle n hare
Nice job and congrats!!
Thanks! Where you at in OH?

Old 11-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Parker 24
Great numbers!

How is the auto motion shop/ service? I'm in Cincinnati and I'm considering taking my S4 down there for a dyno run as they're semi local. I've heard positive and negative things about the shop. I'm hoping to see 450awhp out of my S4 and want to make sure it's in good hands before I turn them loose with my car.
Hey! I met their local tuner (Adam Blevins) at some local car meetups. Auto-Motion is the only AWD dyno in town. I have never been there before and had to use Adam to pilot the car due to liability on AWD dyno's. The people there seemed very nice, but I think Adam is a little ticked off by them sometimes... Right now, you pretty much have to schedule with Adam to get you in if you want to use them. He has all the AWD time booked!

I think there is an AWD dyno in Lexington, but not 100% sure. Is there one in Cincy?

You know any of the Cincy 996TT guys (Tvrtko or Jeff)?

Old 11-24-2010, 08:19 PM
So how do you think I would fair against a ‎2007 GSXR 1000 on a 40mph roll to top of 4th gear?

Old 11-24-2010, 09:01 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
So how do you think I would fair against a ‎2007 GSXR 1000 on a 40mph roll to top of 4th gear?
Get the injectors and a 1.5-1.6 bar race tune. Run him from 70+ and I think you will like the results!

Old 11-25-2010, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by MBailey
Get the injectors and a 1.5-1.6 bar race tune. Run him from 70+ and I think you will like the results!
Cool! Thanks! May run him this weekend if the weather holds! Along with a vette (which I should take easily).

Old 11-25-2010, 07:12 AM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Chad,

Sweet numbers buddy!!! Blevins has been playing with turbo cars for years and is very knowledgable on the matter.

Hey! I met their local tuner (Adam Blevins) at some local car meetups. Auto-Motion is the only AWD dyno in town. I have never been there before and had to use Adam to pilot the car due to liability on AWD dyno's. The people there seemed very nice, but I think Adam is a little ticked off by them sometimes... Right now, you pretty much have to schedule with Adam to get you in if you want to use them. He has all the AWD time booked!

I think there is an AWD dyno in Lexington, but not 100% sure. Is there one in Cincy?

You know any of the Cincy 996TT guys (Tvrtko or Jeff)?
I dynoed my old Mitsu 3000GT VR-4 at Automotion, not sure if it's the same crew today but they were very helpful and accomodating in my case.

With my old VR-4 (594 AWHP & about the same weight as your car), i walked stock 600cc bikes hard, and was barely pulling away from liter bikes so it should be interesting.

The key for you will be to start fully spooled and not let him get a jump early.

Originally Posted by MBailey
I don't think he needs injectors / higher boost to hang with the stock liter bike, but I guess we'll find out.

Cool! Thanks! May run him this weekend if the weather holds! Along with a vette (which I should take easily).
You need to bring your junk up here for C&C this saturday

Old 11-25-2010, 07:18 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !

We'll be expecting the results,let us know....good luck

Old 11-25-2010, 08:09 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tvr-4
I don't think he needs injectors / higher boost to hang with the stock liter bike, but I guess we'll find out.
Not saying I have alot of experiance with racing liter bikes, but they are wicked fast especially at lower speeds. I pulled one from 70 with A28s and all supporting mods. He gave me the jump but I continued to pull after he hit it. I would have never gotten him from a dig. Of course, alot depends on the skill of the rider and whether he is expecting a real challege from the car.

Another significant issue is that the last few years bike models have signifcantly more hp than prior years, I understand...

Last edited by MBailey; 11-25-2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: addition

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynoed my car today.