996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dynoed my car today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 06:28 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
are these the infamous 16g's cloaking to be 18g's?
lol, nope these are 18g's! These are the new ones he got sent as a replacement!

Old 11-29-2010, 10:33 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Hi,I noticed that on your Dyno sheet that your HP carried straight to cut off point.That is a good thing for top end acceleration .Is that how the pump gas 93 0ct. curve was also.Just curious because mine falls off after arond 5800Rpm's......Thanks

Old 11-29-2010, 03:31 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Hi,I noticed that on your Dyno sheet that your HP carried straight to cut off point.That is a good thing for top end acceleration .Is that how the pump gas 93 0ct. curve was also.Just curious because mine falls off after arond 5800Rpm's......Thanks
Here's the low boost one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11298777@N08/5218688493/http://www.flickr.com/photos/11298777@N08/5218688493/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/11298777@N08/, on Flickr

Old 11-29-2010, 03:53 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Wow.......That is also very impressive.With that power and curve you should be very happy.....Just think if you had injectors and hard inlet pipes,which is also what I had when I drove to EPL.I hope Tony from EPL can make a comment on this and my set-up.Only because he is a hard guy to get an answer from.As I tryed.I know he is busy.Do not get me wrong,my package runs fine on the pedal or off the pedal.BUT when you see others dyno sheets with much better power and curves,it makes yiou wonder if and what is left on the table.I believe we all are gearheads and want the best out of are packages.As I believe you have.Which is great.I know dynos and different days are a factor but there are some things that are in range.Also myself and probably most of us are never satisfied......lol......Thanks and have a great day.......John

Old 11-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Wow.......That is also very impressive.With that power and curve you should be very happy.....Just think if you had injectors and hard inlet pipes,which is also what I had when I drove to EPL.I hope Tony from EPL can make a comment on this and my set-up.Only because he is a hard guy to get an answer from.As I tryed.I know he is busy.Do not get me wrong,my package runs fine on the pedal or off the pedal.BUT when you see others dyno sheets with much better power and curves,it makes yiou wonder if and what is left on the table.I believe we all are gearheads and want the best out of are packages.As I believe you have.Which is great.I know dynos and different days are a factor but there are some things that are in range.Also myself and probably most of us are never satisfied......lol......Thanks and have a great day.......John
The car runs strong! Markski knows his stuff!

I am sure Tony will get you set! Everyone wants a piece of Tony!!! He is a busy dude. Try to get ahold of his other guys there and will probably have better luck!

If not, Markski is in Chicago!!! :-)

Old 11-29-2010, 05:06 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
My EPL tuned car runs great....IMO the actual dyno numbers should be kept top secret between tuner and owner...only the "GAIN" should be advertised. I'll bet if John goes out and runs some 60-130's, that dyno sheet won't mean squat...and his car rips...

Old 11-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Tony is very good at both saying my car is great and sucks at the same time! lol

Tony for President!

Old 11-29-2010, 05:23 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raineycd
Tony is very good at both saying my car is great and sucks at the same time! lol

Tony for President!
I'm sure he misspoke...he meant to just say it suc.....well..it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks anyway...

Old 11-29-2010, 05:42 PM
911stripper has a spectacular aura about911stripper has a spectacular aura about
Tony is a 996tt tuning pimp ! my only problem with him is that his shop is too far away from me.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:52 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raineycd
You forgot the magic turbos from Todd (blackhorseturbo)!!! Magic 18gs!!!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:05 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Awesome number. It must pull like a crazy animal.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:11 PM
HI,Thanks Tony.I am sorry to drag you into this here.But I needed YOUR answer after seeing this and other sheets in the past.Now I finally got the reassurance that you did your best and an answer from you.....Also,thanks to you Chad and your dyno numbers which made me question mine and go after an answer.Also,Sorry if I tied up your thread on this.....OK then,lets go race now......lol......

Old 11-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
In no way did I want to insinuate that.... Robin spoke to John this morning and he believes his car should br making more power based off your results.

He asked for me to comment...and I did.

I think both cars are in the same ballpark and are running great!

It's just so easy to get confused with dyno figures from 2 different cars, on 2 different dynos, on 2 different days with 2 different dyne opperators....

I'm sure we loose sales over our dyno reading lower then many other mustangs, its just frustrating at times....

At the end of the day I'm extremely happy for you that the car is performing well. I noticed the dyne error eairly today and didn't bother posting about it until John called and posted .
I was just messing with you, Tony! Dyno numbers are dyno numbers, so I know there are a ton of variables. I was just bored and wanted to see what it put down. I don't get to do this everyday like you crack dealers, I mean, tuners! lol

My first mod after I got my car was EPL flash! Tony, you gave me my first hit of crack! My wallet and wife thank you, NOT! lol

My second "mod" after EPL, a clutch! I need another one again!

John, I am sure your car is faster with the mods you have! Tony knows his stuff! I'll get some 60-130 numbers one day. Louisville is pretty bare when it comes to that stuff... Mostly dyno bragging rights!

Old 11-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
The dyno sheet listed directly above is plotted out as "total power" and is uncorrected. If I tested your car recording "total power" and uncorrected results, your results would have been higher (my guess is 30 or so wheel hps).

Also, unfortunately the dyno was also run incorrectly.

In the video here, you can see the hp@50 measure inputed as 16.5 (15.4 is corrrect) and weight is entered as 3600 (3750 is correct). Both factors will increase power recorded.
Ok for the sake of knowledge (yes I am a geek) and not to beat a dead horse...

What should they have given me for corrected printout? Total power vs what?

From my limited knowledge and a little research it would seem the higher hp@50 number would make the hp read lower. More hp@50 will put more resistance on the rollers and make the car do more work to get up to speed in theory. Is that right?

I know weight is subjective, but going off the weight loss thread and quoted specs, 3600 should be somewhat close with the few weight savings I have (LWFW and exhaust, etc) and a 200lb driver I would think... Maybe not?

Anyway, not wanting to start anything, just trying to learn about these things. TIA!

Old 11-30-2010, 04:45 AM
HI,Thanks Tony.I am sorry to drag you into this here.But I needed YOUR answer after seeing this and other sheets in the past.Now I finally got the reassurance that you did your best and an answer from you.....Also,thanks to you Chad and your dyno numbers which made me question mine and go after an answer.Also,Sorry if I tied up your thread on this.....OK then,lets go race now......lol......
Buy or borrow a Pbox and go practice (yes, it takes practice). Post your best 60-130 and use THAT to compare. Dyno sheets are toilet paper. I have an EPL tune too, but with 58lb Injectors, exhaust and a Meth kit. I have stock airbox, piping and IC's. I have hit the 5's.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynoed my car today.