996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Where is Tom Kerr??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NathanialHale
Yea, Anyone reading above your post won't read "Blah Blah Blah more nonsensical stuff blah blah blah" until you start deleting my posts...

SCOTT!!! Really man? Wow? Really? Might explain some of our current international policies, but what do I know? I am just making sense...

Mike
That was my way of telling you I have no idea what you're talking about. You're posting like you're either drunk or worse.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:45 PM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Of course, when it comes to setting up a car for a ROAD-COURSE, a road-course guy will know more. When it comes to setting it up for drag-racing, a drag-racer will know more. When it coms to setting it up a Jeep for Rock-crawling....yep, you guessed it, a rock-crawler will know more.
Which has more relevance to street driving a Porsche in terms of car setup?

Whatever, I haven't found the info I'm after here anyways, I'm just making a point. I come here to watch videos and check the classifieds for cool cars and to ogle the glistening machinery, which I adore. And it's a great forum for that.

Last edited by KoalaSlim; 11-26-2010 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:52 PM
NathanialHale is infamous around these parts
Well Chuckles... Let me tell you about my day... I showed up at "work" doing what I do to support our country, and then I got a call to go to the emergency room where my mother had been admitted for BREAKING HER BACK (L4 vertebrea) in a fall, and then dealing with her dimentia and alzhimers for 9 hours... Yea, I've not cracked the bottle yet, but hey thanks for your support, SCOTT! Well played you STUDD, you!!! Yea, you might impress the rolex crowd... Not so much with the rest of us, man... Great posts... Keep 'em coming... Oh wait, maybe I should go get my drink now...

Maybe tomorrow will live up to your expectations... But I was going to swap the clutch on my kid's turbo miata... Before the whole "parental" broken back and dimentia thing...
Mike

That was my way of telling you I have no idea what you're talking about. You're posting like you're either drunk or worse.

Last edited by NathanialHale; 11-26-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KoalaSlim
Which has more relevance to street driving a Porsche in terms of car setup? Thats my point.
In my case, the stock PCCBs and stock suspension are fine. So, the only area left is power...which would definitely be more relevant to discuss with the straight-line/big HP guys.

For someone who doesn't care about big power, but wants the best handling on the street...I suspect talking to the road-course guys would be their best option.

Do you not agree?

Old 11-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Well Chuckles... Let me tell you about my day... I showed up at "work" doing what I do to support our country, and then I got a call to go to the emergency room where my mother had been admitted for BREAKING HER BACK (L4 vertebrea) in a fall, and then dealing with her dimentia and alzhimers for 9 hours... Yea, I've not cracked the bottle yet, but hey thanks for your support, SCOTT! Well played you STUDD, you!!! Yea, you might impress the rolex crowd... Not so much with the rest of us, man... Great posts... Keep 'em coming... Oh wait, maybe I should go get my drink now...

Mike
I'm extremely sorry to hear that, Mike. I mean that with 100% sincerity.

Maybe right now isn't the best time for you to be participating in this discussion.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:56 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Chad, You want to comment about Scott's nonsesical post I quoted above?

MKAy, YEA... That's the ticket...

And we can see reality forming... wait for it....

Mike
Mike,

What I see is two people giving backhanded compliments. I happen to respect a person for doing what they enjoy with their cars. So be it for me to overlay my likes or dislikes on them.

I have found that personal attacks usually occur when people are hurt or just run out of ideas.

I believe that you have been hurt. I happen to have felt the same way you did regarding your brake thread. I tried to help and things spun out of control, one thing lead to another and you were banned.

As I said before I believed you to be an asset with your knowledge and willingness to help. I understand how you feel about sponsors and how they do not always bring the best to the forum. I believe the fact that you have not been banned again is proof that the powers to be are listening. Sometimes things don't change, other times change takes time.

Either way tossing insults by anyone does not accomplish a thing. Believe me, members here generally understand. I really wish this thread could continue on a positive note with constructive questions and answers.

Last edited by cjv; 11-26-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:58 PM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
In my case, the stock PCCBs and stock suspension are fine. So, the only area left is power...which would definitely be more relevant to discuss with the straight-line/big HP guys.

For someone who doesn't care about big power, but wants the best handling on the street...I suspect talking to the road-course guys would be their best option.

Do you not agree?
Agreed.

So to extrapolate from that: Somebody who doesn't care about big power, Rennlist or Renntrack or Pelican would be their best option. Hence the point of this thread.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:09 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Mike,
sorry to hear that bro .

Old 11-26-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks man, been a rough day and my "nonsense" meter pegged with this thread... I'll go back to my home now and let the "cool kids" continue with their nonsense...

Mike

Originally Posted by unvmy996
Mike,
sorry to hear that bro .

Old 11-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Agreed.

So to extrapolate from that: Somebody who doesn't care about big power, Rennlist or Renntrack or Pelican would be their best option. Hence the point of this thread.
The point of this thread was where Tom Kerr went and why.

It's since devolved into a discussion where a few road-racing supporters are complaining that this forum caters to big-power, straight-line cars only, somehow leaving them out.

But I don't see this forum, myself, or the straight-line guys as being the problem here. The problem as I see it is that the road-racing guys seem to have a superiority complex about what they do for fun in their cars.

Just like Chad, I'm a fan of anyone that enjoys fast cars, regardless of what they choose to do with them (road-race, drag-race, etc..). But the road-racing guys seem to have the attitude that unless you road-race, you aren't a real car guy.

My point is that everyone here is an amateur, so no one has any room to talk about someone else's car activities. An amateur road-racer looking down on a amateur drag-racer is akin to a junior-high school basketball player looking down on a junior high-school soccer player.

I wish everyone would get over themselves and just enjoy the forum and the great people who make up it's membership. But I guess that's maybe too much to ask.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:18 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Agreed.

KoalaSlim,

I don't see it that way. Generally to be the best at one doesn't allow you to be the best at both. I believe everyone understands they are different animals. Big high boost power will eat the track cars lunch in a long straight. Fast responsive power will eat the lunch of the big hp high boost motor in the turns. One has to decide what they want and proceed from there.

Back to the point ....... all forums are not the best in all aspects of the Porsche platform. That does not prevent this forum from becoming better in it's weaker aspects.

I view the above as one of the reasons this blunt thread has been allowed to continue. You can take a difficult situation, analyze it and turn it into an opportunity or you can let the same situation eat you up.

Last edited by cjv; 11-26-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Road racing requires vast skill, and requires balancing a high strung nervous car on edge for prolonged periods of time while dealing with high levels of adrenaline. It is a sport steeped in tradition and watched and respected the world over across all classes and races. That is significant.

Roll on racing requires a fat wallet and an empty stretch of highway... nothing more.

I think that's what the point is.
I am an accomplished competitor in about 6-7 things that take much more skill, coordination, balance, strength, mental toughness and endurance than road racing.

Like I said, I respect road racing but you guys take yourself way too seriously.

Also, you seem to forget that the roll on guys are very frequently handling upwards of 800 hp, not the 450 or less you usually see on a road course.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm out. It's getting too personal so I think a cooling-off period is in order.

Enjoy your evening.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Scott, Man Sorry I posted in this thread or in PM to you. It was a bad day, and a worse evening. We have our own sandbox elsewhere, and honestly there's no reason for us to be bickering... It's simple. You guys have your interests and we have ours...

Take care...
Mike

Last edited by NathanialHale; 11-27-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:33 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !

I don't think it takes much skill at all to run a 60-130. Heck, does anyone?

Getting a good launch at a dragstrip in a Porsche, however, is another story.

Talk about nerve. You actually believe what you do with your cars is an accomplishment...LOL.

Let me make it easy for you to understand; nothing you do in your cars is of any significance or importance to anyone but yourself. This fact applies to me as well. The difference is, I was already aware of this....while you're apparently just now learning it.
Actually getting fast laps at the track is quite an accomplishment, that's why thousands of people are at road courses around the country, and world on a daily and weekly basis. Possibly millions of people road racing each year trying to refine their skills as a driver.

Guys spend their lives competing for amatuer wins in Road Racing and watch all over for fast times at the tracks they run. If you are even going to try to reduce road racing (even amatuer) to even begin to compare it to pointless no skill nonsense, you are smoking.

For no one caring about what we do you sure tout it pretty highly. Look at your Sig, filled with 60-130 times as if it took anything other than money to achieve them.

LOL, you are getting funnier by the minute. Let's here some more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where is Tom Kerr??