996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Where is Tom Kerr??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 09:15 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
You are aware that the first event at the Tx2K11 is the road course, and the 60-130 is no longer part of the event?
Sean, why did they do that?

Old 11-27-2010, 09:32 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
CJ the problem here, is that this sub-forum has been completely overrun and taken over by single aspects of which some are mostly useless. How long did we have to complain to get something other than a 60-130 thread as a sticky (about a year). All the useful threads are somewhere in the abyss and new people will never have an idea that they exist. There is no balance here, and you post in this section enough to have seen how unbalanced it has become. Anything without a standing mile or 60-130 on it is rendered obsolete.

What we need is you and BBYWU to do MORE moderating in this section. I have to go to the GT3 and 997TT sections for some normalcy around here.

There is room for everyone here, but it's obvious who's deciding what's important and what's not, and judging by his backwards opinion, the least important things have now become the most important. And then asking people to leave if they don't like it. What kind of garbage is that? Make me a moderator and let me put the Texas Mile, TX2k11 and 60-130 on page 123 so I can tell him to leave when he gets a problem with it.

HAHA, some people.
heavychevy,

I would never say anything cannot get better, however I ask you to honestly look at the forum in question.

The 1/4 mile, 0-130 and mile thread is extremely popular sticky thread. You have no further to look that both the number of replies and number of visits by members. Scott has an interest in this aspect and so do many others. You have to admit, Scott has done a great job with it.

The forum in question also has two threads aimed at track interests, the weight thread and take it to the track thread. Is it to say that because I have not moderated these threads that I have failed? Could it be we need another mod who has the same dedication to track as Scott has to straight line? Are these the wrong threads stickied? Or is it they should be in it's own section?

I am not trying to be difficult and this may have gone over my head, but how would myself or Bob change this? We can moderate but it is the members who set the agenda with their threads. Scott has admitted that he prefers straight line acceleration and I have admitted I like track contests. Yes, different likes, but neither one of us trashing the other's likes. I find this "thrashing" or petty jealousness disturbing and frankly feel uncomfortable with it.

I have to say if the truth be known I don't like any stickies that don't get a reply in more than a week. I also don't like advertising in stickies. I find them distracting, however I also have to admit many people get annoyed with the time involved in finding a favorite thread after a short period of time if it isn't stickied. Is it the stickies that you see as a irritant?

Again I do not believe in any question being a dumb question so with what I said above could you give us an example as to what would make 6speed able to better address "your" wants and needs?

If I though I had the answer I would have pushed it already.

Last edited by cjv; 11-27-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:39 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dick_997
I just want to say that the one issue I have with this forum is the lack of unbiased opinion on products. Whether or not a vendor is a sponsor should not influence members sharing their opinion. I know I work very hard for my money, and if I can avoid making costly mistakes and purchasing inferior products that is my reason for frequenting sites like this. I hope this site can become objective in that regard. While vendors pay the bills, there won't be anyone here for them to market to....
dick,

Thank for your personal observation and input.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
CJ the problem here, is that this sub-forum has been completely overrun and taken over by single aspects of which some are mostly useless. How long did we have to complain to get something other than a 60-130 thread as a sticky (about a year). All the useful threads are somewhere in the abyss and new people will never have an idea that they exist. There is no balance here, and you post in this section enough to have seen how unbalanced it has become. Anything without a standing mile or 60-130 on it is rendered obsolete.

What we need is you and BBYWU to do MORE moderating in this section. I have to go to the GT3 and 997TT sections for some normalcy around here.

There is room for everyone here, but it's obvious who's deciding what's important and what's not, and judging by his backwards opinion, the least important things have now become the most important. And then asking people to leave if they don't like it. What kind of garbage is that? Make me a moderator and let me put the Texas Mile, TX2k11 and 60-130 on page 123 so I can tell him to leave when he gets a problem with it.

HAHA, some people.
First off, you have absolutely no idea what you're talklng about. None. Zero. Zilch.

I'll clue you into something that I know for a fact I've told you before, but you apparently didn't want to hear: I have posted every sticky up in the forum that you have ever asked me to, the second you asked me to do it. These include the weight loss sticky, the complete road racing thread, as well as others. Why? Because they obviously provide value and members wanted them.

Guess who removed them as stickies? Not me. I actually replaced them as stickies a couple of times after they were removed by other moderators. Yet I get blamed for deciding what's important and what isn't. Nice. Remember all the GT-R trolls that came over here and attacked you guys in the 996 and 997 threads last year? Guess who got rid of them as soon as you asked. Yep, yours truly.

The fact is, I have always had your back in anything you've ever asked of me. I've always supported members in this section to the best of my ability and continue to do so to this day. The only thing "backwards" here is your twisted view of reality. Not anything I've done.

You whine and incessantly complain, and then you whine some more. It's as if you believe you are so important that your wishes over-ride everyone else's. It's clear to me that you'll never be happy no matter what, so it's essentially pointless for me or anyone else to try. I said it earlier, and I'll say it again. You should probably go spend your time elsewhere since it's obvious this forum will never meet your expectations, nor will it ever attempt to.

P.S. - I was sent two more 60-130 files this morning for verification (from other members whose opinions are just as important as yours are), and they will be going on the list shortly. Figured you'd like to know.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-30-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:00 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
HC did you just say there are a bunch of trolls here? You are the biggest troll here. I suspect you're giving Scott **** cause he bought a GT-R(just kidding, kind of). Why don't you head on down the road. There is a reason I don't go to rennlist as much as I used to and a reason I stay here. It's a matter of personal taste. I've personally witnessed Scott stick up for you many many times and never could understand it since you're such baby about everything. This forum has taken some turns, for one it's not owned by IB anymore, they sold out or are selling out soon, and the vendors do have more control. But this forum isn't some empty space on the Internet that is otherwise dead space. It's a major traffic generator and therefore has value. So until your useless dribble begins to generate as much value stop *****ing and whining and get on down the road.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Sean, why did they do that?

Got tired of me winning it every year

Old 11-27-2010, 10:14 AM
cjv
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Alright, here we go. First off, you have absolutely no idea what you're talklng about. None. Zero. Zilch. It's almost embarrassing.

I'll clue you into something that I know for a fact I've told you before, but you apparently didn't want to hear. I have posted every sticky up in the forum that you have ever asked me to, the second you asked me to do it. These include the weight loss sticky, the complete road racing thread, as well as others. Why? Because they obviously provide value and members wanted them.

Guess who removed them as stickies? Not me. I actually replaced them as stickies a couple of times after they were removed by other moderators. Yet I get blamed for deciding what's important and what isn't.

Remember all the GT-R trolls that came over here to attacked you guys in the 996 and 997 thread last year? Guess who got rid of them for you as soon as you asked? Yep, yours truly.

The fact is, I have always had your back in anything you've ever asked of me. I've always supported members in this section to the best of my ability and continue to do so to this day. The only thing wrong here is your twisted view of reality. Not anything I've done.

You whine and incessantly complain, and then you complain some more. As if you are so important that your wishes over-ride everyone else's. It's clear to me that you'll simply never be happy no matter what, so it's pretty pointless for me or anyone else to try any longer.

I said it earlier, and I'll say it again. You should probably go spend your time somewhere else since it's obvious this forum will never meet your expectations, nor will it ever attempt to.

P.S. - I was sent two more 60-130 files this morning for verification (from other members whose opinions are just as important as yours are), and they will be going on the list shortly. Figured you'd like to know.
heavychevy,

Although Scott didn't want to name the mod who removed the above referred to stickies ........ it was me. I believe I explained why above, I will explain again. I have been with 6speed since inception. It was originally the policy to removed stickies when no replies were generated over a certain period of time. In my way of thinking, no replies showed a lack of interest and the sticky should not be taking up room. When I did so it was Scott who came to bat for the member due to the complaints he had received and the stickies were left and policy changed. So Scott is spot on here.

I believe Scott has tried to help by acting to address complaints and now feels his efforts are not appreciated or misunderstood.

As for the attitude of "our way or the highway" ........ I don't really believe that is what is being said. What is being said is I am doing the best I can, I've tried to help and people are not making this job any easier. From there, things spiraled downward.

The fact we are having an open discussion, with less than flattering compliments being issued demonstrates we are interested in constructive criticism. I am sure you would agree it is easier to tear something down and a lot harder to replace it with something better.

It appears "something" still might be missing. Any constructive suggestions as to what it may be?

Last edited by cjv; 11-27-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NathanialHale
I edited my posts and want to apologize publically to Scott and Chad both. I was in a foul mood last night and sat down at the computer to relax, not get drawn into this nonsense. I am sorry that some from Renntrack came over here to help stir the pot, and I'll ask them now to stop, as well.

Let's move on, gang. There's no wrong answers in this whole debate.
Mike - Apology accepted. I apologize as well.

Again, I am very sorry to hear about your mother. Like I told you in my earlier PM, I will keep her, you and your family in my thoughts.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:49 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
heavychevy,

Although Scott didn't want to name the mod who removed the above referred to stickies ........ it was me. I believe I explained why above, I will explain again. I have been with 6speed since inception. It was originally the policy to removed stickies when no replies were generated over a certain period of time. In my way of thinking, no replies showed a lack of interest and the sticky should not be taking up room. When I did so it was Scott who came to bat due with complaints he had received and the stickies were left and policy changed. So Scott is spot on here.

I believe Scott has tried to help by acting to address complaints and now feels his efforts are not appreciated or misunderstood.

As for the attitude of "our way or the highway" ........ I don't really believe that is what is being said. What is being said is I am doing the best I can, I've tried to help and people are not making this job any easier. From there, things spiraled downward.

The fact we are having an open discussion, with less than flattering compliments being issued demonstrates we are interested in constructive criticism. I am sure you would agree it is easier to tear something down and a lot harder to replace it with something better.

It appears "something" still might be missing. Any constructive suggestions as to what it may be?
chad just becuase a thread is not getting replies does not mean its not getting any interest , and im speaking from my personal view . On the weight loss thread , i would browse that all the time, and read and re read, there really was no need to post and reply to anything cuase all the info was there. the same with the suspension thread, that thread saved me some money and help me figure out what my issue was..... after alot of alignments etc etc... just my 2c.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:04 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
HC did you just say there are a bunch of trolls here? You are the biggest troll here. I suspect you're giving Scott **** cause he bought a GT-R(just kidding, kind of). Why don't you head on down the road. There is a reason I don't go to rennlist as much as I used to and a reason I stay here. It's a matter of personal taste. I've personally witnessed Scott stick up for you many many times and never could understand it since you're such baby about everything. This forum has taken some turns, for one it's not owned by IB anymore, they sold out or are selling out soon, and the vendors do have more control. But this forum isn't some empty space on the Internet that is otherwise dead space. It's a major traffic generator and therefore has value. So until your useless dribble begins to generate as much value stop *****ing and whining and get on down the road.
Where is your Turbo again? And I'm the troll and should leave? Sure, ok.

Originally Posted by cjv
heavychevy,

I would never say anything cannot get better, however I ask you to honestly look at the forum in question.

The 1/4 mile, 0-130 and mile thread is extremely popular sticky thread. You have no further to look that both the number of replies and number of visits by members. Scott has an interest in this aspect and so do many others. You have to admit, Scott has done a great job with it.

The forum in question also has two threads aimed at track interests, the weight thread and take it to the track thread. Is it to say that because I have not moderated these threads that I have failed? Could it be we need another mod who has the same dedication to track as Scott has to straight line? Are these the wrong threads stickied? Or is it they should be in it's own section?

I am not trying to be difficult and this may have gone over my head, but how would myself or Bob change this? We can moderate but it is the members who set the agenda with their threads. Scott has admitted that he prefers straight line acceleration and I have admitted I like track contests. Yes, different likes, but neither one of us trashing the other's likes. I find this "thrashing" or petty jealousness disturbing and frankly feel uncomfortable with it.

I have to say if the truth be known I don't like any stickies that don't get a reply in more than a week. I also don't like advertising in stickies. I find them distracting, however I also have to admit many people get annoyed with the time involved in finding a favorite thread after a short period of time if it isn't stickied. Is it the stickies that you see as a irritant?

Again I do not believe in any question being a dumb question so with what I said above could you give us an example as to what would make 6speed able to better address "your" wants and needs?

If I though I had the answer I would have pushed it already.

CJ, you know how those two threads came about, the same type of feedback that is happening in this thread. And they came after many of the long time members who do road race have been run off or have no interest in posting here anymore (especially in this section).

And yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, a mod that has the same interest in something with turns in it. Could be autocross for all I care. Should have been Mikelly with all of his informative tech and setup threads.

Have you read Scott's posts? To say he isn't trashing road racing is just flat wrong. And trying to even level it with 60-130 is pitiful.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:07 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Ok, this went to far, I would like that this thread to be close. Thanks!

Old 11-27-2010, 03:22 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
HAPPY THANKS to everyone, now let's have some turkey and forget all or problems for a day

Old 11-27-2010, 08:07 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I am getting to this thread late. I am much more of a straight line guy myself and I dont pretend to understand all of the track guys issues but I have sincere respect for anyone that can put up fast numbers with one of these cars on a road course.

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but track cars need some power enhancement and street roll-on cars need some suspension/braking enhancement. I have received some invaluable help in coil overs, brakes, alignment, tires, weight loss from the likes of heavy chevy, Mikelly and others. Hell, my car was a rolling death trap after I went RWD and added a bunch of power. After some basic suspension and tire changes she was safe again. The point I am trying to make here is that these seemingly opposite points of view dont exist entirely independantly.

The value of the forum is in the breadth and quality of the information here. This is what keeps folks returning here and sponsors buying ads. I believe at the end of the day the mods what more viewpoints and knowledge here rather than less. I feel that I have received tremendous support from all the mods here, particularly Scott and Chuck. (Of course I am a straight line guy) I dont think its that simple. The internet is ripe with conflict because we do things on the forum we would never do face to face. I am guilty too.

I go over to Rennlist sometimes too. I dont usually stay long because I like this forum better due to increased traffic and the data lists that Scott maintains here. I would agree that RL is a high quality forum. However, both 6sp and RL could be enhanced by the integration of both points of view in this thread though.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:14 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Overall, I like rennlist better, but 6 speed has a ton of traffic and entertaining posts.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:23 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alex55
I didn't see him around here from a long time, where is he or what happened, hope everything is alright!
Tom is a great friend of mine...he has been racing his 996TT in PBOC the last few years. Tom also has been busy with family and work.

Last edited by mdrums; 11-28-2010 at 09:44 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where is Tom Kerr??