996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Difference ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 03:35 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
If you're concerned about cops, I don't think either car will help, but the Turbo will certainly make it worse.

I have 8 tickets in the last 2 years, all in my Turbo. None in my G-wagen (never even been pulled over!). My last insurance renewal for both cars cost me $17k. Ouch.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:02 PM
GMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of lightGMendoza is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tattoo996
thank you

im leaning towards the fact i dont need 996 tubro, seeing that theres cops everywhere and i dont plan on tracking the car
That's what my ex-boss said ... till he drove my Turbo. Now he's looking for a Turbo instead of the C4S.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:27 PM
tattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura about
Video

Originally Posted by teflon_jones
If you're concerned about cops, I don't think either car will help, but the Turbo will certainly make it worse.

I have 8 tickets in the last 2 years, all in my Turbo. None in my G-wagen (never even been pulled over!). My last insurance renewal for both cars cost me $17k. Ouch.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:33 PM
eglivincent is infamous around these parts
if im dumpin 50k on a car id want to have it at least for a couple hours before i commit to buying it
wow...i don't think anyone with their head screwed on straight would let you "test" a car for hours just because your spending 50K.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:45 PM
tattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura about
if im handing you 50k of my money im planning on a bit more then a spin around the block, i trust noone on thier word that the cars is " excellent" condition unless i get the vibe from the car.

a couple hours isnt going to hurt

Old 12-03-2010, 04:46 PM
im not talking about a 2 hour joy ride FYI

Old 12-03-2010, 04:59 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
You may like to go for a test drive with the owner in the passenger seat on a loop that uses various types of roads and highway. Then take it in for a PPI from a known Porsche expert/shop...the owner should be more then willing to have the car go through both.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:15 PM
eglivincent is infamous around these parts
more power to you if you can pull this off, but i wouldn't let anyone take my car for a few hours unless the money's in the bank. test drives for serious buyers is reasonable, but not that long. think about it from the seller's perspective, what would happen if you got into an accident - you'd walk away and he'd have an unsellable mess? how does the seller know you're serious? the PPI is what provides the due diligence to confirm the car is in A OK condition.

not being negative, but you need to be realistic about what's reasonable to expect from the seller.

if im handing you 50k of my money im planning on a bit more then a spin around the block, i trust noone on thier word that the cars is " excellent" condition unless i get the vibe from the car.

a couple hours isnt going to hurt

Old 12-03-2010, 05:16 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Don't try the TURBO you'll be hooked up.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by eglivincent
more power to you if you can pull this off, but i wouldn't let anyone take my car for a few hours unless the money's in the bank. test drives for serious buyers is reasonable, but not that long. think about it from the seller's perspective, what would happen if you got into an accident - you'd walk away and he'd have an unsellable mess? how does the seller know you're serious? the PPI is what provides the due diligence to confirm the car is in A OK condition.

not being negative, but you need to be realistic about what's reasonable to expect from the seller.
all respectables id say no way as well, however i would let the buyer drive it around with me in it and take it to Ppi , that may turn into an all day affair esp a ride to the dealer..

so basicly what you just said i would do if i was in sellers shoes....

for a few test drives maybe the dealer is best bet, that way no strain is on the private seller

Old 12-03-2010, 06:03 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
dealers have tossed me keys before and said if your not back in 3 hrs ill phone the law enforcement have a fun drive. (this was my first experience driving a porsche) 2002 c2

Old 12-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sunir
You may like to go for a test drive with the owner in the passenger seat on a loop that uses various types of roads and highway. Then take it in for a PPI from a known Porsche expert/shop...the owner should be more then willing to have the car go through both.
Plus 1. Unless its heavily modded.