996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

You guys will not believe this!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 05:04 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
I do believe it.......insurance companies will try to get out of paying. "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there" yeah right!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:07 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
"you are in good hands with allstate". One of the worst. Most Ins comps are not looking out for the best interest of their customer, unfortunately.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:16 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
My terrible experience was with Travelers, another big name. They're all a bunch of crooks. They valued my STi at $21k after the accident. Keep in mind this was 3 years and 45k miles after I bought it for $21k. They refused to total it despite 6 (or more?) appeals and it had a blown motor and turbo, plus big damage to the driver's side rear unibody they were willing to pay $7k for. I was trying to sell it at the time and couldn't get $16k for it. So somehow a car with $7k of unibody damage, plus a blown motor and turbo that would've been $5k to fix, wasn't totaled. The last time I checked, $12k was 75% of $16k i.e. definitely TOTALED!

Old 12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
My terrible experience was with Travelers, another big name. They're all a bunch of crooks. They valued my STi at $21k after the accident. Keep in mind this was 3 years and 45k miles after I bought it for $21k. They refused to total it despite 6 (or more?) appeals and it had a blown motor and turbo, plus big damage to the driver's side rear unibody they were willing to pay $7k for. I was trying to sell it at the time and couldn't get $16k for it. So somehow a car with $7k of unibody damage, plus a blown motor and turbo that would've been $5k to fix, wasn't totaled. The last time I checked, $12k was 75% of $16k i.e. definitely TOTALED!
That works both ways tho. If the damage had been more you definitely would have wanted to get the higher amount, which is what they would have paid. I know what you mean tho. Sorry to be a devils advocate here, but just sayin'.
Edit: However, $12K is more than half of $21K. I was under the impression that it's 50% or more and it's totalled?

Old 12-12-2010, 06:55 AM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
just for common knowledge(I was just in a fender bender, well a little more then that...got rear ended really hard on the way back from wayne state universtiy) but yah progressive has 55 different separately named and "operated" companies under it's umbrella(per how many states they operate in). That means that obviously however the law is different in your area, these umbrella companies will have the upper hand with how they can customize your fbomb by zipcode lol.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Mr. Moonlight is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I definitely will write that letter, but first I want to get a good attorney working on the case.

I am first going to see if the one representing my wife will do it, if not I have another option lined up (in fact he is recommended by a member of 6speed).

I have the report from the insurance company, they have a picture of the water pump and are arguing that the damage "must have" been caused by a hammer.

The damage was caused in the accident.

The problem with going to the other company is they will side w/ my company. I have to get this matter sorted first.
I am sorry to hear about the accident and the subsequent poor behavior by your insurance company.

I would second your plan to get an attorney on this immediately.

Also, despite how frustrating this must be, always try and keep a cool head and be extremely careful about what you say to your insurance company.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:52 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
+1 less is more. Never volunteer any info.

Originally Posted by Mr. Moonlight
I am sorry to hear about the accident and the subsequent poor behavior by your insurance company.

I would second your plan to get an attorney on this immediately.

Also, despite how frustrating this must be, always try and keep a cool head and be extremely careful about what you say to your insurance company.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:54 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
+1 less is more. Never volunteer any info.

Like the cops say...everything you say can and will be used against you...even by your own insurance company...

Old 12-12-2010, 09:34 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
I thought this was a minor fender bender Sean? How did the engine get messed up?

Old 12-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TXGold
I thought this was a minor fender bender Sean? How did the engine get messed up?

The car was hit hard in the front quarter panel and hit (and spun across) 2 curbs and ended up in the bushes.

The tires hit the curbs very hard sideways which bent the frame badly...I got under the car (apparently the adjusters didn't bother) and the frame is a tangles mess.

In any event, I recently found out that the author of the report (who works for an agency that was hired by my insurance company....apparently they didn't ask the guy if he knew the person he was investigating...how dumb can you get?) had a long standing agenda against my mechanic.

I am not going to say any more since I have everything necessary for a victory in Court. I will give my insurance company one last chance to do the right thing, however.

All I want is the life I had before the accident but unfortunately there are bad people in the world that one has to stand up to on occasion.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
soap opera

Old 12-12-2010, 11:26 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
In any event, I recently found out that the author of the report (who works for an agency that was hired by my insurance company....apparently they didn't ask the guy if he knew the person he was investigating...how dumb can you get?) had a long standing agenda against my mechanic.

Figured something like this was going on.

Tell your insurer to order a new appraisal from a party you and they agree upon... point out the conflict of interest.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear this.
Question:
What would have been gained by putting a crease in the roof. Did you need a new roof before the incident or did it need a repair in the first place. Why oh why would you want to put a crease in your own roof??

OK " As the Devils Advocate" ( as we say over the pond) I could understand if your pump was near worn out and you wanted to perhaps get a new one out of the incident. But even then, thats just plain dumb!!

Its amazing how a company can "weazel" its way out of a calim.

Frank

Old 12-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
amazing story for sure

Old 12-12-2010, 12:09 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
WTF?? this is unbelievable behavior by an insurance company. Hope you get it sorted out soon. Was your wife ok?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: You guys will not believe this!