996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Carbon Fibre Roof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 02:49 AM
Mikkofin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sunir
It's super rare to get the 996TT without a sunroof from the factory, they seem to be speical orders and are build on the same line as the GT2 bodies (I've heard)....Also from what I understand is that you cannot get a 997TT without a sunroof at all? :dunno:
Mine does not have a sunroof.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:57 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JG GT500
Interesting, so anyone with a 2008+ M3 that comes standard with Carbon roof panel has to wear hand restraints at a track event?

How much would the panel itself cost for a 996T?
No. There isn't a club I've heard of that would require hand restraints in a stock car.

I think he means actual race cars though, not street cars. I've never heard of that rule though.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:45 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
No. There isn't a club I've heard of that would require hand restraints in a stock car.

I think he means actual race cars though, not street cars. I've never heard of that rule though.
hand/arm restraints are required by sanctioning bodies on open wheel race cars so that in the event of an incident the driver's arms are not flailing out of control at risk to sever injury. In a production closed chassis race car, unibody/tubeframe/tub etc...what have you...racers are required to have an outbound window net by all sanctioning bodies and most now enforce the use of a inner secondary net to go on the right of the driver's helmet and HANS device.

Hope this helps

Old 12-16-2010, 02:29 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Yes, lI am aware of that rule. I was referring to a rule that required hands restraints like am open wheel car if you have a carbon fiber roof

Old 12-16-2010, 02:56 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Yes, lI am aware of that rule. I was referring to a rule that required hands restraints like am open wheel car if you have a carbon fiber roof
What is this rule pertaining to cf roofs you are talking about? I've never heard of this...hand restraints on any car with a fixed roof doesn't make sense in fact such restraints on any non single seater with driver tub and close quarters doesn't make sense