996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New 60-130 best...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 03:56 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
what plenum are you going with? IPD
Maybe I mis-spoke. I have removed the portion of the intake plenum related to the intake piping (right after the airbox, including the airbox). I am still going to utilize the stock plenum after the throttle body, for now. I am just upgrading all the piping BEFORE the throttle body, including IC's.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:31 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
TTBoost-- who tuned your car?

Old 12-14-2010, 05:45 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Maybe I mis-spoke. I have removed the portion of the intake plenum related to the intake piping (right after the airbox, including the airbox). I am still going to utilize the stock plenum after the throttle body, for now. I am just upgrading all the piping BEFORE the throttle body, including IC's.
Mike,
Your car will like the intake piping!

When you get that stock crap out (probably with a hacksaw!) you will not believe how tortuous and restrictive it is. Your car will pull noticibly harder up top if your tune can take advantage of the extra air. My turbo spool was also noticibly louder... My mile speed was significantly better with this mod.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:58 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Yeah been wanting to do it for a while. Just waiting for the right opportunity(s). Actually have all the stock crap out as of last Saturday. Just forgot the silicone couplers at home, so couldn't finish it. Tony (EPL for LinKs) wants to redyno after the piping just to see the difference. I figure I should pick up a tenth or two 60-130?

Old 12-14-2010, 06:34 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I figure I should pick up a tenth or two 60-130?
That might be conservative...

Old 12-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by MBailey
That might be conservative...
Keepin my expectations low...

Old 12-14-2010, 07:26 PM
gt2rs6 has a spectacular aura aboutgt2rs6 has a spectacular aura about
please keep me posted on this one!!.. ill be right behind you with this mod

Old 12-14-2010, 08:43 PM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
i am really interested as to how the intake piping affects lag. I think it was USP that showed a lot of before and after intake piping dynos on some alpha 30's, but I haven't seen many dynos of alpha 28s.

You can see my alpha 28 tiptronic dyno here https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-700-hp.html

I really want to know if mine is spooling up as quick as yall. I have custom silicone intake pipes, but due to the tiptronic being a fat pig, the piping gets crunched in a few areas...I want to know how much this crunching is hurting me (if so, BLOW THRU time).

Old 12-15-2010, 06:51 AM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bad107
i am really interested as to how the intake piping affects lag. I think it was USP that showed a lot of before and after intake piping dynos on some alpha 30's, but I haven't seen many dynos of alpha 28s.

You can see my alpha 28 tiptronic dyno here https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-700-hp.html

I really want to know if mine is spooling up as quick as yall. I have custom silicone intake pipes, but due to the tiptronic being a fat pig, the piping gets crunched in a few areas...I want to know how much this crunching is hurting me (if so, BLOW THRU time).
I am at peak torque around 3-400 Rpms faster than you.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:55 AM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
So you are replacing the Y-pipe and the intercoolers, not the fresh air inlets that feed the turbos on the back side of the motor?

Last edited by AlphaDog28; 12-15-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by AlphaDog28
So you are replacing the Y-pipe and the intercoolers, not the fresh air inlets that feed the turbos on the back side of the motor?
I am replacing EVERYTHING, BUT the plenum behind the throttle body.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:33 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
I am replacing EVERYTHING, BUT the plenum behind the throttle body.
what parts are you putting on? mfg is what i mean

Old 12-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
what parts are you putting on? mfg is what i mean
Evoms piping, custom Y pipe and custom IC's. Can't say much more than that right now...

Old 12-15-2010, 01:43 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Evoms piping, custom Y pipe and custom IC's. Can't say much more than that right now...
did you have a dyno run before these new mods? be interesting to see the gain difference

Old 12-15-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
did you have a dyno run before these new mods? be interesting to see the gain difference
Yeah we have baselines to go from. It's too much work to do a mod at a time, so I'll do all the mods and baseline again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 60-130 best...