996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Part number for this hose????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 11:59 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Part number for this hose????

I've looked at the PET catalogue and it is very confusing when looking at the hoses that plug into the Power Steering reservoir on a manual transmission 996tt. There are 3 hard metal lines (2 brown , 1 black) and 1 THICK RUBBER HOSE which plug in to the reservoir lid. I can't seem to find a part number for the LARGE RUBBER HOSE with the silver metal tip as it attaches to the reservoir (see attached picture). There is no part number stamped on it as it only has a "conti/eco" marking on it. I am assuming that this hose is the "power steering fluid return line rear" but it does not look like the hose pictured in PET. There is also a hose listed in PET as the "power steering pressure line rear" but I think that would be the line going from the power steering pump. Any help from someone knowledgeable would be appreciated.

BTW, anyone know what the function is of the 2 brown hard metal lines and the 1 black hard metal line?

Attached Images  
Old 12-17-2010, 12:47 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnselli
I've looked at the PET catalogue and it is very confusing when looking at the hoses that plug into the Power Steering reservoir on a manual transmission 996tt. There are 3 hard metal lines (2 brown , 1 black) and 1 THICK RUBBER HOSE which plug in to the reservoir lid. I can't seem to find a part number for the LARGE RUBBER HOSE with the silver metal tip as it attaches to the reservoir (see attached picture). There is no part number stamped on it as it only has a "conti/eco" marking on it. I am assuming that this hose is the "power steering fluid return line rear" but it does not look like the hose pictured in PET. There is also a hose listed in PET as the "power steering pressure line rear" but I think that would be the line going from the power steering pump. Any help from someone knowledgeable would be appreciated.

BTW, anyone know what the function is of the 2 brown hard metal lines and the 1 black hard metal line?
its the low pressure return line for the power steering. coupe and conv have different part numbers. The cab line is one long piece from back up over engine/tranny to the front, book says 17 hrs and close to 700.00. Since its low pressure my guy ordered the coupe part which about a foot long # 99610650176, cut the long line, spliced in and coupled off and worked great! took less than an hour, part was $ 25.83

Old 12-17-2010, 01:29 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Thanks for the response. Take a look at the link below. I pulled up the part number you listed and that hose is a COOLANT hose shown as #15 in the PET diagram.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/PartsLoo...-05-Frame4.htm

and

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...COOLANT%20HOSE

This hose is NOT part of the power steering system and is not the one I am talking about which plugs in to the PS reservoir via a small male fitting about 1/4" in diameter and is also about 1 ft long..

Originally Posted by 2muchtime
its the low pressure return line for the power steering. coupe and conv have different part numbers. The cab line is one long piece from back up over engine/tranny to the front, book says 17 hrs and close to 700.00. Since its low pressure my guy ordered the coupe part which about a foot long # 99610650176, cut the long line, spliced in and coupled off and worked great! took less than an hour, part was $ 25.83

Old 12-17-2010, 01:35 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnselli
Thanks for the response. Take a look at the link below. I pulled up the part number you listed and that hose is a COOLANT hose shown as #15 in the PET diagram.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/PartsLoo...-05-Frame4.htm

and

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...COOLANT%20HOSE

This hose is NOT part of the power steering system and is not the one I am talking about which plugs in to the PS reservoir via a small male fitting about 1/4" in diameter and is also about 1 ft long..
Sorry wrong part number, that is the hose that blew from my power steering leak, the power steering hoses have different part #'s for coupe and cabs and I did replace the same hose your referring to that goes into the top of the reservoir. I'll try to find the part number for the coupe hose in my past receipts. Sorry for the mix up.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:45 PM
OEM-99634744152 line #9 is the part I had to replace under the power steering hose section. The cab's do not have the short section, there line is continous to the front. So we took the short one cut it in and it worked great.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Yep, that's what I thought. That's the one. The picture in the catalogue just looks different. I checked with the dealer and the wholesale price is $90.08 (retail $129.57). How did you get this for under $30?? I'm also wondering how much of a pain it is to change this out as the connection with the hose going to the front of the car is in the plastic carrier about a half a foot back above the engine and the space is pretty tight. I'm not sure how the metal connection disconnects. Do you by any chance have a picture of the junction where you spliced the two hoses?
Thanks again....
John..

QUOTE=2muchtime;3069744]OEM-99634744152 line #9 is the part I had to replace under the power steering hose section. The cab's do not have the short section, there line is continous to the front. So we took the short one cut it in and it worked great.[/QUOTE]

Old 12-17-2010, 02:44 PM
[quote=johnselli;3069805]Yep, that's what I thought. That's the one. The picture in the catalogue just looks different. I checked with the dealer and the wholesale price is $90.08 (retail $129.57). How did you get this for under $30?? I'm also wondering how much of a pain it is to change this out as the connection with the hose going to the front of the car is in the plastic carrier about a half a foot back above the engine and the space is pretty tight. I'm not sure how the metal connection disconnects. Do you by any chance have a picture of the junction where you spliced the two hoses?
Thanks again....
John..

My coolant pipe was under 30.00, this hose was just under 100.00. I'll take a pic tonight when I get home and post tomorrow, wasn't to bad, going into reservoir you need something thin to hold the red plastic insert tight to the housing and slowly pull the hose out, when you pull the red fitting wants to come out with the hose, this is what seals the connection (like one of those chinese finger pulls kids play with - the harder you pull the harder it squeezes)

Old 12-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Thank you very much. My question was not about the connection of the hose to the reservoir where it connects exactly as you have described but rather on the other end of the hose (where it connects to the line above the engine) as shown below #7 and #14 in the following link:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/PartsLoo...-01-Frame4.htm

However, I'm not sure you even have this on the cab since you said that in your case it was one continuous line. Thanks again and you can PM me the picture if you'd like.....

John....

My coolant pipe was under 30.00, this hose was just under 100.00. I'll take a pic tonight when I get home and post tomorrow, wasn't to bad, going into reservoir you need something thin to hold the red plastic insert tight to the housing and slowly pull the hose out, when you pull the red fitting wants to come out with the hose, this is what seals the connection (like one of those chinese finger pulls kids play with - the harder you pull the harder it squeezes)[/QUOTE]