996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Finally got my 996 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 03:21 PM
pinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to behold
congrats! the mod bug is crazy. i went from chipped with exhaust to installing rods and alpha 3071 with meth. so, if your goal is 700, i say go straight to it

Old 12-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Congrats Andy!!! EPL (European Performance Lab) is the company that did my original stock DME tuneing and they also do Matt's 997TT's tune as well. If you ever need any advice just give me a shout!

Old 12-19-2010, 04:28 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
I love the 964 it is raw, fast, fun, cool and the last of the original design.

I will have to ride in powells, paulie, jitsu robmd dr. joe, blackhorse, anybody, im ready to feel the night and day difference.

Regarding keeping it stock, uhmmmm...... The guys here in H-town wont let me. They will egg me on until i break down and go all out.

I think u keeping it stock for that many miles and that many years, yours friends too will tease you, just kidding.

Merry Christmas and May God keep your family safe and happy.

Originally Posted by Durango Kid
Congrats on your purchase. You signature shows you have a 964 as well, love those!

If you KNOW you are going to end up at 700, just do it all at once don't stage it in.

My plan is to keep mine stock and drive it for 10 years and 200k. We'll see how that pans out The mod bug is contagious.

Personally, I would want to sample a 700 hp car before I went that direction. There are lots of built turbos in the Houston area, maybe you could catch a ride with one of them.

Before I did anything in the engine bay (outside of a tune, pipe and airbox), I'd upgrade the suspension.

Enjoy.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:00 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
You are welcome to take a ride in my car at the next meet. I went with 24/18 and ended up with 24/20 and all the supporting mods. The difference between what 10K and 20K get you with these cars is HUGE imo.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:10 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RickyN F355
i did EP2 loud and EPL flash last year...going with alpa 3076s this year...if u want the 700 hp just go for it...dont do stages...

enjoy it!
Exactly. Just wait and go all out. Why waste the $ in "stages" Congrats and enjoy!

Old 12-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
P700 Billet K16 package is the way to go buddy, if you have any questions email or call me.

Where in OH are you?

Old 12-20-2010, 08:46 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
I feel the same way too!! 40 mpg? thats better than my mbz! i am starting to get exciting about the mods

Originally Posted by Dr Kans
Yahoo !!!
Great purchase. I too just received my 2003 Turbo this week, what a hoot.
My did come with some aftermarket upgrades in power and they are totally worth it. It is so much more fun than the staocker(too quiet and looses power.
I few minor upgrades are a must. New metal diverter vavles, and aftermarket ehaust and then get one of the many after market tuners to put it on the computers and raise the boost to 1.0bar. These few things will really wake up your car and can be done fairly inexpensiely !
A big surprise so far has been how these mods help my gas milage. Of coarse we don't buy Porsche for thier milage ,but iIam getting 40mpg on the hightway and 32mpg overall. Is that crazy or what?
David

Old 12-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks that is great advice!! Im in Houston and will have to find the local boys to lend an ear.

I have had my cars maintained by several different shops because of the variety of have.

I can wait to get some power down, because the 2k11 is coming and I better get busy. Who do you recommend to do the upgrade flashes?

Originally Posted by ard
Congrats.

The whole "stage" thing is a marketing tactic... it makes tuners more money, it gives buyers a feeling that the "package" is somehow "balanced" or "engineered" and allows buyers that don't do their research to rely on a '1,2,3 - count on one hand' path to take.

If you are going to do you power mods in two steps, then make sure your first step will be adequate for the second. Lets say you will do an exhaust and flash right away, maybe diverers...then a set of turbos and intercooler later once you've squirreled away the $$... so buy a flash from a vendor that will (perhaps) upgrade your flash for free if you buy the turbos from him...buy a high performance exhaust that will handle the flow rates and not throw codes.

Who is doing your work? You should choose a tuner/vendor based on which one will work best with your local support- if they are an evoms shop, hard to say "I want you to install EPL or UMW".. you can do it, but when S happens, they'll be pointing fingers.

I get 40mpg too. In freefall!

A

Old 12-20-2010, 08:53 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MY996TT
There's got to be something wrong with the milage calculator.
Maybe he has really big injectors...

Congrats Andy!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:54 PM
I truely need to adjust the height. IT seems a bit high. Any spring recommendations? which exhaust, airbox do you have? any gains?

Originally Posted by steve harris
durango is correct when i1st drove my 01 i was very displeased , as it felt like i was driveing a 1949 fruit truck.... my previous p car was 86 turbo that felt like a porsche, get a set of pss10 or 9s you will love then and you can adjust the height....
my 1st thoughts are to get the air in and out , that sez exhaust,airbox and correct pipeing. take your time and enjoy, it's a long fun road to the correct high hp

Old 12-20-2010, 08:55 PM
MAn I need that exhaust!

Who did your tune?
Originally Posted by Dr Kans
I'm sure the great gas milage is due to my exhaust, it is really free flowing( and loud ) ! Plus the superior tuning to match.

Last edited by turtle n hare; 12-20-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:07 PM
THanks so much. I love your cab, i thought hard about getting one.

And I would agree something has got to be wrong with the calculator

Originally Posted by MY996TT
Congrats on the purchase, great looking car.

There's got to be something wrong with the milage calculator.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks! i forgot about your car.

do you go to the CNC meets? I thought about the 24/18 but may are taling about the clutch upgrades. did you have to do that too? Which clutch did you go with?

Originally Posted by bmoores
You are welcome to take a ride in my car at the next meet. I went with 24/18 and ended up with 24/20 and all the supporting mods. The difference between what 10K and 20K get you with these cars is HUGE imo.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:26 PM
It has been awhile since we last talked. I was in columbus and dayton doing my residency up until august.

PM sent.

Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
P700 Billet K16 package is the way to go buddy, if you have any questions email or call me.

Where in OH are you?

Old 12-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Dr Kans is infamous around these parts
I'll be checking that calculator this week, as I just filled up the first time. It appears the gas indicator is not working so maybe it is effecting the mileage calculator???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally got my 996 TT