996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Finally got my 996 TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 07:39 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turtle n hare
Thanks! i forgot about your car.

do you go to the CNC meets? I thought about the 24/18 but may are taling about the clutch upgrades. did you have to do that too? Which clutch did you go with?
I do typically go to Cars and Coffee. But i'm in the midtown area if any other times may be convenient.

I've got the Carbonetics Full Carbon clutch. Had to do it at the 24/18g power level. With the 20's it was absolutely necessary.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:25 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
what does the ep2 loud stand for and was does the epl flash stand for. Sorry for my ignorance. what was your gain with the loud and flash? i am hopeful to save and work overtime and take call so i gain reduce the time i have to leave the 996tt in stock form.
We can help you out with the OT
Nice car Andy!

Old 12-24-2010, 04:35 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
Sweet I will check it out.....of course, i may end up opening the pandoras box.

Originally Posted by Patrnflyr
My '01 seal gray was totally stock when I bought it with 38K miles. It started out as "just a flash and exhaust". As you can see by my sig, it got out of hand.
These forum guys all laughed when I said that was all I planned to do... They are a lot smarter than you think with years experience.
If you want to see how bad it can get, just go to my thread titled "just bought an '01 996tt". I agree that if you're going for 700 hp, start out with
that goal in mind and don't stage it.

Good luck and start out slowly!!

John

Old 12-24-2010, 04:37 PM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
Thanks that has been a common recommendation from friends, to upgrade the clutch while changing the turbos.

Originally Posted by bmoores
I do typically go to Cars and Coffee. But i'm in the midtown area if any other times may be convenient.

I've got the Carbonetics Full Carbon clutch. Had to do it at the 24/18g power level. With the 20's it was absolutely necessary.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Thanks Chief!!! Ill need it to keep up with yours!

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
We can help you out with the OT
Nice car Andy!

Last edited by turtle n hare; 12-24-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Thanks Todd (Blackhorse) for you touching base. I really appreciate your recommendations. The k24/28 or the alpha turbos sounds great. Also thanks for recommending to me the tuner, the type of exhaust and much more.

Thanks Dr. Joe for giving me a shout and telling whats up with your GT2 and giving me a different perspective on who to approach this build.

Cheers!!

Old 01-03-2011, 03:58 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
OK Andy lets hear what info you have received so far.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:59 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
He is getting a custom tune to make one more whp than you Paulie.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:32 PM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
yes please update us on your plans!

I have the alpha 28s if you interested in seeing how they are...

Also, if you plans are very long-term, I have an Agency exhaust i will be selling shortly (100 cel cats).

(I live in Bellaire and the in-laws are in West U).

Old 01-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I finally took delivery of my bone stock 01 996TT on monday from Lamborghini Houston. Thanks to Raj at Lamborghini, i got a very clean seal grey 25K on clock bone stock,6 speed car on monday.

I am happy to say that it performs well in almost every aspect. It is a bit too quite though, it loses it oomph up top, and the clutch actuator required replacement.

I am already starting the search for more power and I am excited about the prospect of a reliable 700hp, of course thats what i have been reading on 6speed.

Should I go stage by stage? Please chime in and give me some recommendations as to how I should approaches this with a reasonable budget in mind. Since I have 2 kids in private school and the wife will kill me. LOL!

Merry Christmas everyone!!! May God keep you and your family safe and happy.
Congratulations, Andy!!

Old 01-03-2011, 05:27 PM
kato1453 has a spectacular aura aboutkato1453 has a spectacular aura about
I am in the same boat as you, but don't have as high expectations. I plan an exhaust with no drone, UMW tune, diverters, 1.0 bar wastegates, and X73 suspension. Looking for a good street car, which will be capable for the occsional DE. I am looking for an all around GT car.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
OK Andy lets hear what info you have received so far.
I forgot to mentions thanks for sharing with me the details of you silver tt and who helped you accomplish your goals with the silver tt.

It was helpful. There are so many options that I am certain to miss something.

Regarding, telling YOU....I will just have to surprise tweety in flight as the Seal Monster comes out of the water and gobble the canary into feathers .

Old 01-04-2011, 04:40 AM
R u in town or r u traveling? CNC is this weekend. perhaps I can visit with you some there. Thanks.

I dont think I will need that much, considering he weighs more than me or is it the tight T-shirts.

Originally Posted by bmoores
He is getting a custom tune to make one more whp than you Paulie.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Ok went to Cars and Coffee here in Houston and I managed to find a nice spot right next to PaulieWalnuts Tweety Bird GT2 but I did nt see Paul.

Enjoyed a very nice stroll with my brother and nieces.

Then I see Paulie leaving, a minute later he calls to tell me he got pulled over by the HPD because a Lamborghini Murcielago decided to WOT it, and of course, when someone does that he you have to put them in your place.

I leave and thus I come across Tweety Bird GT2 and I said to myself let me see what this thing will do. And behind me is a white z06, red ferrari F430 and e36M3.

What i realized after about 6-7 pulls is that Tweety > F430 > Andy > M3 > Z06, at least today. The ferrari and I were close but I cant hear the freaking exhaust/motor on the TT and managed to hit rev limiter several times and thought how crappy and thus he F430 got away from more than he should have. I realized that the Porsche TT is a fun stable car but i am in need of more.

Paul....I will be back.....with a vengeance and with snarling teeth.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Dr Kans is infamous around these parts
But the TT has so much room for growth !

Better exhaust and 1 plus bar tune hybrid turbo and you can blow the doors off almost anything !

I have a custom 3" exhaust with hand made cross-over if you interested in upping the ante a lot ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally got my 996 TT