996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Suspension Questions... What Is Necessary?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=Kevganzon;3154002]
Originally Posted by Al Norton

I'm lowered down to 1" and was able to adjust my alignment up front just fine to stock specs. In the rear is another story. My camber is -2.7 & -2.9 and i'm getting premature tire wear. Would it be safe to say i ONLY need to get rear upper control arms since you say stock rear toe link will have enough adjustment?

Thanks guys

Get the adjustable toe links for the back. They don't cost that much compared to a complete re-alingment and a set of tires. Also check your clearance with the rear sway bar. You might need adjustable drop links.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Kevganzon is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=Duane996tt;3157231]
Originally Posted by Kevganzon

Get the adjustable toe links for the back. They don't cost that much compared to a complete re-alingment and a set of tires. Also check your clearance with the rear sway bar. You might need adjustable drop links.
Whether i get the rear Upper adj control arms or the toe links, i'll still need a complete re-alignment. The upper arms are not much more in cost vs. the toe links. It seems with the upper arms i can adjust camber & toe whereas the toe links i adjust only the toe. So would it be wise for me to get the Upper control arms versus the rear toe links?

I'm going back and forth between the uppers control arms vs the rear lower toe links. Its hard to decide since i'm getting different opinions from everyone.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:23 AM
@l996 is just really nice@l996 is just really nice@l996 is just really nice@l996 is just really nice
I did this the wrong way and ended up getting another alignment and corner balance as a result

My list of suspension components that I ended up buying.

- ERP Front Toe Steer Links
- ERP Rear Toe Steer LInks
- USP Motorsports Rear Upper Control Arms (switching out to RSS Upper control arms - Too much play in these rear uppers).
- 2 Sets (front & rear) - RSS Tarmac Lower Control Arms (not needed but mine were bad)
- AP Drop links(front & rear) (these will be swapped out for RSS drop links )
- H&R Front & Rear Sway Bars.