996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

anyone know this car... very close

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 04:47 AM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
anyone know this car... very close

http://www.porscheofnaples.com/used/...a654fbd3b5.htm

I LOVE this car, went to see it in person yesterday, 27K miles, modded ( all Evoms)

Naples car....

I know it's HUGE $$$$ for the car but it's near perfect

Old 12-24-2010, 06:39 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
How is it modded? I only see an Evoms air intake in the pictures and nothing else listed in the ad, so basically a stock car except the wheels.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:36 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by landjet
How is it modded? I only see an Evoms air intake in the pictures and nothing else listed in the ad, so basically a stock car except the wheels.
yeah, and how is it " HUGE " money ? i mean its a 2003 with 20k on it and clean

Old 12-24-2010, 12:15 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
Went to see and drive it.

dealer states ( and proves $30K) in EvoMs work, turbos, tune, fuel, waiting on the detailed list by email, etc etc ) so ok $57K is not Huge money.

Car shows and drives very nice and is fast as He77.

Gotta sleep on it,i bought my 997 because i liked the newer interior and warranty, but this is the type of car I should have bought in April rather than my C4.

Last edited by wpgfordguy; 12-24-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
$57 is not bad adding all the Evoms and desirable Polar not to metion wheels...

Nice car

Old 12-24-2010, 12:55 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Doesn't say anything about it being modded in the ad? Don't like that.

Old 12-24-2010, 04:36 PM
remember guys I'm in for $65 (at least) by the time i get it home and imported.

I know the dealer well and have bought many cars from him ( non porsche, ie: Jags and Bentleys) I have no qualms about dealing with them. The mods aren't listed but they are very forthcoming and have documentation to prove what was done incl dyno graphs.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:47 PM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
you seem to be dead set on it already, why not just go for it?

Old 12-25-2010, 10:08 PM
gregporsche is infamous around these parts
Polar Silver is a beautiful desireable color.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
I personally thought it was overpriced; but if it's loaded w/EVO MS to the hilt then it's def worth it.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
@ vtnperformance,

Overpriced? This is a dim-witted statement. You must remember, cars in Europe were $200K new! So I think the price is dead cheap for a 2003 EU car with such low mileage. I would be damned if I would sell my car for anything less than $65K and it has 70K miles now. I would rather park it in my lounge and put flowers on it!

I know it’s recession but these low prices are now totally unrealistic. The only good thing is that unless you desperately need to sell your car, the car is still worth what you've paid for. .

Old 12-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Simi_996 is infamous around these partsSimi_996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Terminator
@ vtnperformance,

Overpriced? This is a dim-witted statement. .
Wow...that was a pretty harsh response. I would have to agree with vtnperformance unless you know the previous owner. I personally would stay away from modded cars unless you know how the car was previously treated. I beat my cars to death and a modded car has a higher propensity to be driven by people who like to push their cars. However, it seems like you already made your decision.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:53 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Terminator
@ vtnperformance,

Overpriced? This is a dim-witted statement.

You must remember, cars in Europe were $200K new! So I think the price is dead cheap for a 2003 EU car with such low mileage. I would be damned if I would sell my car for anything less than $65K and it has 70K miles now. I would rather park it in my lounge and put flowers on it!

I know it’s recession but these low prices are now totally unrealistic. The only good thing is that unless you desperately need to sell your car, the car is still worth what you've paid for. .
First of all, the s/n is vntperformance, NOT vtnperformance.

Dim-witted, wtf are you talking about?

Who cares what they are going for in EU; i'm talking about state-side?

I just bought my 996TT day-before yesterday and paid $37k for a 02 X50 w/42K Miles (Bone Stock), that thing is heavily over priced if it isn't modded to the hilt, the seller isn't doing a good job advertising it by not mentioned any of the mods, besides the OZ Wheels that are shown and the EVOMS airbox. And out of all honestly, the mods don't really help the sale, if anything it should make the buyer more worried because one would suspect the cars been driven hard and beat to death, or even tracked/abused.

I would be damned to pay $65K for a car w/70k miles, NOW
..... I could get a GT2 probably for that price in this market.

Last edited by k-ore; 12-26-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:40 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I think that cars overseas are very highly prices compared to the US counterparts...this said an X50 with several nice mods and some desirable options would not be out of line for the low to mid $50K price mark. Each buyer has their own quirks, and I think when buying a heavily modded car you have an upside but also a risk, it's a gamble because unless you know the original owner and history of the car, you cannot be certain. Instead I look at thigs that are inherent to the car itself that you can;'t mod. For example I would be looking at things like color combos, condition of paint/leather, factory upgrades - such as brake upgrades or Cup car parts, no sunroof from the factory (which is extremely rare - and a custom orig ticket order, the body is built on the Gt2 line), X50 etc...etc...maybe a nice set of wheels, and for mods a few basic things like tune, exhaust etc...but that's just me...each person is different

Old 12-26-2010, 02:02 PM
cooler head prevailed, ( and my wife hates the color) I'm going to wait for a nice low mile blue, slate grey or white car

Last edited by wpgfordguy; 12-26-2010 at 02:51 PM.