996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best looking wheels on a 996 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 03:32 PM
bl1ng has a spectacular aura aboutbl1ng has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TXTurbo996
Those are BBS RS-GT's in diamond black. I have the same wheels in bright silver.
Thanks. Out of interest, what colour is your car ?

Old 06-03-2013, 04:06 PM
XwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud of
im sorry if im the only one but black faced wheels with polished lips just look terrible to me...

Old 06-03-2013, 07:11 PM
dubyaTT is a glorious beacon of lightdubyaTT is a glorious beacon of lightdubyaTT is a glorious beacon of lightdubyaTT is a glorious beacon of lightdubyaTT is a glorious beacon of light
You are not alone young walker.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:20 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XwalkerX
im sorry if im the only one but black faced wheels with polished lips just look terrible to me...
I'm personally not a fan of black wheels either but these don't look too bad.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:54 PM
breakfast is infamous around these partsbreakfast is infamous around these partsbreakfast is infamous around these parts
Im not a fan of the chrome with black. looks like you bought them at canadian tire
looks like every other uneducated person who buys wheels.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:35 PM
uschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant futureuschoice has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by breakfast
Im not a fan of the chrome with black. looks like you bought them at canadian tire
looks like every other uneducated person who buys wheels.
Wow, really? Your taste may be different than his, but why try to insult his choice?

Old 06-03-2013, 10:42 PM
breakfast is infamous around these partsbreakfast is infamous around these partsbreakfast is infamous around these parts
it wasnt an insult..and besides hes a big boy Im sure he can handle differing opinions. Its just that style is kind of dead yet still over played by every dudebro in this city who is late to the wheel party.
the other is blacked out with a red pin stripe around the edge.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !Vendetta Is a GOD !
it wasnt an insult..and besides hes a big boy Im sure he can handle differing opinions. Its just that style is kind of dead yet still over played by every dudebro in this city who is late to the wheel party.
the other is blacked out with a red pin stripe around the edge.
It wasn't an insult? "Who are you going to believe, me or your own lying eyes," right?
Big boys can handle differing opinions, and even the occasional insult. Big boys also aren't afraid to cop to insults when they make them. You should try it some time instead of attempting to weasel out of it.
-V

Old 06-04-2013, 05:21 AM
NoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to beholdNoGaBiker is a splendid one to behold
Actually, you're both right. Breakfast's comment was insulting, and the black/w chrome lip wheels do look like Discount Tire in some cases.

That said, there is a long, proud Porsche history of black centers and polished lips -- the vast majority of 911s from 78-89 were delivered with Fuchs in just that configuration, and the ones that weren't black were often body-color.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:13 AM
King James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond reputeKing James has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Actually, you're both right. Breakfast's comment was insulting, and the black/w chrome lip wheels do look like Discount Tire in some cases.

That said, there is a long, proud Porsche history of black centers and polished lips -- the vast majority of 911s from 78-89 were delivered with Fuchs in just that configuration, and the ones that weren't black were often body-color.
Its cool guys I have thick skin and appreciate comments both positive and negative, though i'd be interested in seeing the wheels on breakfasts car so we can critique at the same level.

To NoGaBiker's point, Black Centers on chrome lips has been around a really long time for Porsche. I like the look and wanted my Champion RG5s to be different from everybody elses who are silver.

Attached Images   
Old 06-04-2013, 07:24 AM
fuchs are something entirely different.

anyways, I guess some are bored but I really dont give a sh*t to net debate and play semantics. I dont like them and stated why. It wasnt insulting and shouldnt be. If it is you should get off the internet. King James will be fine despite my opinion of them. Im an OEM wheel person myself. That doesnt mean I cant appreciate some nice aftermarket wheels(because im not one of THOSE guys).

Old 06-04-2013, 09:20 AM
XwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud of
fuchs are something entirely different.
THIS^

bottom line is we all have opinions which is why this thread has as many pages as it does.

some people are ok with mediocre looking wheels and thats ok...

Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by King James
Few new pics with my DSLR (better camera makes all the difference )
Looks fantastic!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:36 PM
croach is infamous around these parts
Look at dipyourcar. Do your wheels yourself!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by croach
Look at dipyourcar. Do your wheels yourself!
Here are my GT2s "dipped"

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best looking wheels on a 996 Turbo