996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

OMG what a waste of a gorgeous car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:28 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
um. . . it is a simple cheap fix.

I used this to change the color of my 535is interior during a restoration. Worked perfectly. You can do that interior in black or dark gray, (you have to go darker then the blue) for a couple hundred bucks and a few weekends of your time.

http://www.leatherique.com/bmw-redye-project.html

Here is a shot of a 993 armrest that started life as gray, and I dyed black as a cheap replacement:

Tom

Attached Images  
Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 AM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Powell
Don't lie we know this was your car! I knew blue was your favorite color!
was registered as a corporate car, in PA as the first owner

Old 01-03-2011, 08:50 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Powell
Don't lie we know this was your car! I knew blue was your favorite color!

Old 01-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
I understand that they could be dyed, but you are stillleft with two tone seats, dash, doors, consoles... If the gray was actually black, no issue. But light gray as the primary interior color with dark accents just doesn't sound appealling. The seats would need to be recovered and all of the blue trim would need to be replaced to get a normal looking interior. I didn't even make an offer. I knew the value I saw was substantially less than what they wanted. I left after giving them my number and saying, "Call me when it doesn't sell." - more or less.

Though part of me wants to take the challenge... I love white.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:38 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Just dye the whole thing black. It is really simple . . .

Old 01-03-2011, 09:38 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
I agree it can be fixed but it won't be cheap. I wonder if that's an aftermarket hack job or an uber $$ Porsche custom order.

The biggest issue is the grey leather. It would be much easier to "fix" if the interior was black. I'd get some 997 sport seats and spend another $1,000 on the various throw away pieces from a wrecking yard. Maybe someone can pick it up for $30k?
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'll give em 25-26 and gut that awfulness for a black/CF interior.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:33 AM
ait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant futureait109 has a brilliant future
If the blue is a match for one of the regular paint codes the dealer should just offer to swap interiors with someone who has the a blue car with a grey int so that they can get a normal white/grey car to sell. The cost of the labor should more than cover the reduced value in the car, and I'm sure there is someone who has a blue car that would actually like to have the blue accents in the interior.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Whereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond reputeWhereitsat has a reputation beyond repute
It may work with cobalt. May. But not with others. You should really see it. The gray and blue are horrid together.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:12 AM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
porsche ordered or aftermarket, that makes me want to cry

Old 01-04-2011, 09:22 AM
stkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond reputestkjock has a reputation beyond repute
I think this pic sums it up

Old 01-04-2011, 11:18 AM
slm4buffs is infamous around these parts
Wow I saw the add loading and thought, wait there's nothing wrong with this and then saw the interior pics. Unreal. I bet they have a hard time selling it. Geez.

Old 01-04-2011, 01:06 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Trust me - they will get a guy that says "wow thats the nicest interior Ive seen!" and buy it!

Old 01-04-2011, 03:15 PM
slm4buffs is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by F430Spider
Trust me - they will get a guy that says "wow thats the nicest interior Ive seen!" and buy it!

Some one that's color blind or really blind and then it's only a maybe.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:58 PM
GRGx3 is infamous around these parts
Not even sure what to say

Old 01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
I would have liked to seen the faces on the workers at the factory when they got the build sheet.. Even better I will bet that the person who ordered it went to the factory and drove it out and about then they shipped it.. There was an other contractor in a bid opening and he was yapping about doing that. He had all the wood put in his. tip too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OMG what a waste of a gorgeous car