996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

+1000 Porsche vs +1000 Supra

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 12:46 AM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
Yep, the supra guy you ran is a friend of mine and your recollection is correct. A win is a win. Supra guys find every excuse under the sun when they lose.

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I just happen to have raced a 880rwhp Supra when I was making the same power in TX. I was also RWD and our cars weighed pretty much the same. I won the first two races (he claimed he spun both times), and he won the 3rd (I missed 4th). Overall the cars were very, very close.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:43 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Scott, recall our race at TX2K a few years back.....we were both near the same power level and I ever so slightly pulled you. I think it comes down to how well the car is set up, tuned, etc... At that power level, driver plays a huge roll as well. I would say it's a toss up given equal power but I will also say that a Supra has the reputation of being an unbeatable highway car for a reason, very FEW cars can run with a properly built/set up Supra...

In the end, just come to TX2K11 if u all want to see some badass cars.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turtle n hare
Yep, the supra guy you ran is a friend of mine and your recollection is correct. A win is a win. Supra guys find every excuse under the sun when they lose.
Andy
Happy New Year and did you buy Raj car?
Robert

Old 01-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
Scott, recall our race at TX2K a few years back.....we were both near the same power level and I ever so slightly pulled you. I think it comes down to how well the car is set up, tuned, etc... At that power level, driver plays a huge roll as well. I would say it's a toss up given equal power but I will also say that a Supra has the reputation of being an unbeatable highway car for a reason, very FEW cars can run with a properly built/set up Supra...

In the end, just come to TX2K11 if u all want to see some badass cars.

Peter,

I remember it clearly. The only caveat is, you were probably making 50 more HP than I was. I had my boost turned down and didn't turn it up until I got C16 in the tank the next day. I did run Ty and Tim (TT Viper) at full boost, but not you.

I do think the cars are very close, but based on many hundreds of 60-130 times that I've verified over the years, as well as personal head-to-head racing, I do believe theP-cars have a slight advantage from a roll over the Supras, HP to HP. That's only my opinion of course.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:50 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Peter
I thought your car made 1005 RWHP?
Robert

Old 01-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Peter
I thought your car made 1005 RWHP?
Robert
He wasn't at full boost that night. His passenger told me he was probably at 850rwhp or so. I was probably at high 700's.

If he had been at 1,005 rwhp, I wouldn't have had a chance.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:27 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
I think its also depends on turbos on each of the cars and if they have additonal power adders. Some supras run a small shot to help spool which would change the power delivery of the car entirely. Its all about lag, gearing, and who can put the power down the fastest.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:38 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Scott, I was in the 800-850 range but have no real way to know exactly...and of course, neither would my passenger (I'm getting old, can't remember who it was). In any event, I think opposite of you based on my experiences...I think a Supra will have slight advantage top end against a p-car with similar power. Having said that.......LOL, I really don't care! HA!
Peter

Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 PM
M3AN ONE is infamous around these parts
^nice soup by the way
Theres really only 1 way to find out...but with that said you can build 2 1000rwhp supras and have 1 complety destroy the other...there are just way to many variables and 500rwhp car can beat a 1000rwhp if the power isnt getting put to the floor. So i guess the real question is wich car most effectivly puts the power to the floor and would in turn be mostlikley to win a race

Old 01-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by houstonT
Having said that.......LOL, I really don't care! HA!
Peter
Same here. Ha ha...

Old 01-07-2011, 11:30 PM
xsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud of
I haven't driven/ridden in a 996 yet, however its like a switch when the power comes on in my supra(4000rpm/760whp) and it doesn't let up at all! supras are definitely hard to beat from a roll! however I cant wait to purchase a Porsche in the future!

Old 01-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
My future (one day... LOL!) Busa powered Golf Kart will be > *

Old 01-08-2011, 02:33 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Assuming that both the P car and Supra are built to their maximum power levels. Supra 1400 whp. P car 1000 whp.

drag strip: supra wins. Trap speeds are 25-30 mph over that of P cars

road: from a dig P car wins

road: roll from 60 mph P car wins up to 160 mph. Over 160 mph Supra takes

road: roll from 120 mph Supra wins (traction losses are minimized)

Old 01-08-2011, 07:28 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
It's been a while since I even looked at a supra, but as I recall they have crazy turbo lag which ensures the Porsche is already at home cooling it's turbos before the soup dawg gets on boost!

Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
Assuming that both the P car and Supra are built to their maximum power levels. Supra 1400 whp. P car 1000 whp.

drag strip: supra wins. Trap speeds are 25-30 mph over that of P cars

road: from a dig P car wins

road: roll from 60 mph P car wins up to 160 mph. Over 160 mph Supra takes

road: roll from 120 mph Supra wins (traction losses are minimized)
The OP's question is 1,000 HP vs 1,000 HP (meaning the same power levels). Not 1,400 HP vs 1,000 HP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: +1000 Porsche vs +1000 Supra