996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How track safe are the "bolt in" rollbars? Has anyone "tested" thier strength

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 04:59 PM
drhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to beholddrhenrock is a splendid one to behold
How track safe are the "bolt in" rollbars? Has anyone "tested" thier strength

Thanks

Old 01-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
I have not. I do have the RSS bolt in and really like it. I feel that it really is for mounting your 6 point belts to and a little extra help if you roll the car over. The porsche is a very stout car and can handle quiet a impact.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:18 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I dont know what use you have in mind. I have used these at the Texas Mile. I am sure it offers some additional protection from rollovers. I doubt it is as effective as a perminent welded-in solution.

I hope I never have to find out how effective it is...

It gets me through tech inspection at the mile and gives a little extra peace of mind. That's all I can vouch for...

Old 01-08-2011, 08:47 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Why don't you contact DAS directly?

Good people.

Jeff

Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 AM
rhargy is infamous around these parts
Not sure what level of protection that you're looking for, but the better fitments do offer more protection than stock. NOT as much as a full cage, but they do work.

Somebody in the club rolled a 996 last year at Summit and everything stopped at the bar. Not sure that without it the intrusion would have gone any further or not. All I can vouch for is that it stopped at the bar.

Personally, I liked the DAS version and also had it painted to match the interior. Better protection and it looks great as well.

If you're doing things that has you thinking about it, it's probably time to put one in.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:27 AM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drhenrock
Thanks
I tested the DAS bar in my 1987 911, outside Turn 11 at Mid-Ohio. Slow 360 degree barrel roll in the gravel trap. First photo below shows the car in the body shop after, and the second photo shows the car a couple of years after repair, which included replacing the roof and rear quarter panel.

When I bought the 996TT a few years later, the DAS bar was the first thing I installed.

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.