996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evo GT700 vs. CGT!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Buddy, but if you are a real baller you would mod a Carrera GT to what that engine can really put out. I'm sure some of the Le Mans teams could help you out if you spent the $$$.

Old 03-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
oh yeah not even a question... no matter how much faster that 996 will/may get... i couldn't care less.... i'd still pass it over for a bone stock CGT.. w/o hesitation, never look back etc

never thought i'd say this but in this case... a 996 turbo is a 996 turbo.

won't sound like a CGT. won't feel like a CGT. won't look like a CGT. CGT is more than hp/tq figures. holism.

Old 03-18-2005, 09:08 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Tyson,

What would make you think I am a baller!
I can't even afford to buy a Carrera GT in the first place, let alone modify it!

Remember I am but a poor trucker!

Old 03-18-2005, 09:49 AM
limitup has a spectacular aura aboutlimitup has a spectacular aura about
Anyone else think the CGT is ugly? And the enzo too? LOL

Old 03-18-2005, 03:53 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by limitup
Anyone else think the CGT is ugly? And the enzo too? LOL
Yeah they are both POSs

Old 03-18-2005, 09:14 PM
tri7even is infamous around these parts
Paul - no, mine is a stock car, very nice for daily driving if I am not carrying passengers. The interior of the car alone is worth the price IMO.

but everytime i see one of these things pop up, i get that ticklish feeling and the temptation rises....

Old 03-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Paul2x is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all the replies guys....

The vid was all in good fun...at the end of the day the 911 is still not a CGT but, it is neat to see the potiential...

Good time's

Tri7even:

That's great...another SC fan!....Just finished tuning a few nights ago and got some footage of the Lexus vs a Z06 and it went well...LOL

stay tuned....

Take care,

Paul

Last edited by Paul2x; 09-19-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:33 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Like Ben says, the CGT increases downforce significantly as the speeds go up. If you guys had come up to a corner the CGT would blow past you so fast you would think you were standing still. A couple months ago we did similar runs to about 170MPH and my stock GT3 ended up about 10 car lengths behind.

So why don't you run against me instead in part 2 ... a GT3 with a stock motor.

Running modded against stock CGT just ain't fair.

Last edited by quartermile; 03-21-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Stephan has a spectacular aura aboutStephan has a spectacular aura aboutStephan has a spectacular aura about
Awesome video. When i come to Cali in the summer i have to attend one of those Crystal Cove events!!!

Old 03-22-2005, 11:37 AM
wantone is infamous around these parts
While running modded over a stock CGT some call unfair, I find it to be an excellent 'real world' barometer to test whether your mods are worth it. I mean at the end of the day with all the mods you wanna know what you can 'take' or 'not take' am I right?

One last question for you Paul, the 2nd run where the EVO just rockets passed the CGT, did the CGT just shut down or did the EVO really shoot past it some 3-4 car lengths? If the latter then that's crazy!!!

Old 03-22-2005, 11:41 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
[i]did the CGT just shut down or did the EVO really shoot past it some 3-4 car lengths? If the latter then that's crazy!!! [/B]
lol, what do you think?

Old 03-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
i think he hit NAWS DOG.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:24 PM
wantone is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ben, lj
lol, what do you think?
Time for CSI

Old 03-22-2005, 06:44 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
There is no doubt in my mind that a modded 996tt @ 700 rwhp and above will blow by a stock CGT. A 996tt with a racing type suspension, wheels and tires will do the same on the track. A stock CGT doesn't really have anything over a GT3R or R/S type set up.

The key word is stock CGT. With alot money their is no doubt the CGT can be made better. Looking at it another way, it takes alot of money to bring a 996tt to the stock CGT level.

This is not a flame on a CGT. I love the car and will be modding one by the end of this year.

Last edited by cjv; 03-22-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:09 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by cjv
There is no doubt in my mind that a modded 996tt @ 700 rwhp and above will blow by a stock CGT. A 996tt with a racing type suspension, wheels and tires will do the same on the track. A stock CGT doesn't really have anything over a GT3R or R/S type set up.

The key word is stock CGT. With alot money their is no doubt the CGT can be made better. Looking at it another way, it takes alot of money to bring a 996tt to the stock CGT level.

This is not a flame on a CGT. I love the car and will be modding one by the end of this year.
chad, the question was whether the "the CGT just shut down or did the EVO really shoot past it some 3-4 car lengths?". i don't think there is ANY speed from which the EVO will "shoot past it some 3-4 car lengths". even a "gradual pulling away" by 3-4 car lengths is tough to believe. "shoot past" 3-4 car lengths is a fairy tale.

on top of that, none of the "big hitters" (at least those whose cars were reliable enough to actually finish all the tests) in the latest TT shootout (including packages well above the EVO being discussed here) managed to best the CGT's 1/4 mile time. it would be a good idea to keep these hopped up turbos away from the CGT in it's venue (ie: the track) cause a very healthy dose of embarassment would be bestowed upon them. further with all the problems we hear about (your's included) like buddy's, fred's, etc, i think it probably a good idea not to run these hopped up turbos against the stock CGT for very long.

Last edited by ben, lj; 03-22-2005 at 07:16 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo GT700 vs. CGT!!