996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evo GT700 vs. CGT!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 05:37 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by quartermile
Ben I think the Donker is street legal in Europe, wasn't that the point?
no, like you, i'm in the US. in the US, cars have to protect their occupants from croaking in a way the donkey car does not. it's lack of protection to US standands is one of the ways the death trap loses weight. that loss of weight allows it to be much more competitive as non-street legal race cars often are.

btw, note the picture linked below of the "actual" car that beat the record - including the SLICKS! exactly what US streets are those tires legal on? fwiw, it also has an extra 60 hp or a mere +30%! (270 total) over the one you posted:

actual record setting one off of "to be" produced "in the fall" production car

not actual record setter, but "to be" produced "in the fall" production car

incidentally, "The record car is based on the D8 270, which will go in production next fall". hmmm. doesn't this seem to suggest the slick wearing, extra radiator installed, goofy winged "RS"270 which set the record is more a one off of the TO BE produced street car that also isn't US street legal - even without the RS's slicks?

you see any referrences on their web-site (under "donkervoort range") to the "to be" produced "in the fall" D8 270 the record beating one off RS 270 is supposedly based off?

http://www.donkervoort.nl/

wonder why they don't even have the D8 270 "to be" produced "in the fall" street car on which the record setting RS 270 is based on their site? sounds more like to me the scammers built a not street legal race car to fraudulently claim to beat the king of production cars so they could sell a few of their non US street legal D8 kit cars - someday.

Last edited by ben, lj; 03-23-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:46 PM
alamein is infamous around these parts
OK, to be fair, I don't know what CJV's specs are. I seem to remeber all the fuss was about this piston and that rod and this boost ... so presumably it's a regular TT with a modded motor. That's the basis for my assumption.
but isn't even that enough to beat a stock GT3?

Old 03-23-2005, 07:01 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by alamein
but isn't even that enough to beat a stock GT3?
The stock GT3 is second down from CGT in the Porsche lineup for track use. To appreciate the effect of weight on handling ... imagine a 300lbs cement bag on the rear bumper of a 700hp TT and you can see why extra power is ALMOST completely worthless around corners.

Ben, the Donker is just a kit car .. Oh yeah look at that wing ... it makes up for the poor weight distribution on the Donker. There are a few more like Paginnini, Saleen, etc. with questionable safety. Even Lambos past were borderline. On that topic that was a funny suggestion, We have created a new monster ... Ben Lambo

Last edited by quartermile; 03-23-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:00 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by mowblowgo
CJV, what is with this thing called KA??? I have heard that expression for the year that I have been checking out 6 speed. "she"??? what does that mean?? It seems that the older I get, the better that car was. Who names a car??? Does this car run? It just seems like an awful lot of boasts for a car on a garage floor somewhere. I normally would't bring this up but with all the smack talk going on I felt it appropriate. Please take this as light hearted as it is meant.
mowblowgo,

Your 100% correct. KA is a wisp. When not on the "garage floor" presumably, she has run a few times in Silicon Valley, usually after being beat a time or two (the same night) there is a run for some serious cash. She never runs faster than is necessary. Hence ........... Killer Angel. I believe she has more than offset her depreciation.

Fasteddie, sharkster and Kevin of TRG have seen her excercise a little. Then again, anyone can get lucky.

Last edited by cjv; 03-23-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:19 PM
mowblowgo is infamous around these parts
CJV:
I was just messing with you. Your info has been informative and vital to this forum. Keep up the good work!
Stu

Old 03-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
CJV although I respect your effort to extract so much power out of a TT, from personal experience, I can tell you are totally clueless regarding the CGT capability. A stock GT3 will beat the KA around the track with the right driver. CGT will eat the KA alive !!!

You will be wasting your money on modding a CGT too because it can't be modded. The single fault with the it is not lack of power, but excess weight -- 700lbs more than a McLaren F1. If you want a "street car" that beats the CGT ... you need one of these ... faster by 15 second on Nordschleife using only 200hp.

I think you should go read the entire thread about Chad's car in the tuning section. I would put money on KA vs. a GT3 anyday. I beleive that KA will beat any other street/emisions legal porsche.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:28 PM
TT993 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cjv
mowblowgo,

Your 100% correct. KA is a wisp. When not on the "garage floor" presumably, she has run a few times in Silicon Valley, usually after being beat a time or two (the same night) there is a run for some serious cash. She never runs faster than is necessary. Hence ........... Killer Angel. I believe she has more than offset her depreciation.

Fasteddie, sharkster and Kevin of TRG have seen her excercise a little. Then again, anyone can get lucky.
Didnt you lose to Saad with the supra?

Old 03-23-2005, 09:28 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by mowblowgo
CJV:
I was just messing with you. Your info has been informative and vital to this forum. Keep up the good work!
Stu
Stu,

I know. Although we have never met, I know from others that you are a class act.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:32 PM
cjv
Originally posted by TT993
Didnt you lose to Saad with the supra?
Yes, we lost to "a" Supra in the San Rafael area about two years ago. We have also lost to a Viper. Both were darn fine cars. Will probably be looking for a re match this summer.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Exotic Performance
xico is infamous around these parts
Is there anyone with a Carrera GT that would like to try a race against my GT700 on or off the track (your pic) somewhere in Florida.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:50 PM
cjv
CJV although I respect your effort to extract so much power out of a TT, from personal experience, I can tell you are totally clueless regarding the CGT capability. A stock GT3 will beat the KA around the track with the right driver. CGT will eat the KA alive !!!

You will be wasting your money on modding a CGT too because it can't be modded. The single fault with the it is not lack of power, but excess weight -- 700lbs more than a McLaren F1. If you want a "street car" that beats the CGT ... you need one of these ... faster by 15 second on Nordschleife using only 200hp.

Regarding your first paragraph, If you say so quartermile .............. I believe you. As for a track, what track are you refering to? I just might let you have a chance to make some easy money.

By the way ............... I just might already have a couple of cars that might have a chance with any of the car's you mentioned.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:56 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by xico
Is there anyone with a Carrera GT that would like to try a race against my GT700 on or off the track (your pic) somewhere in Florida.
What's up Xico, hope all is well. Hey, when you racing Shank's Viper, I want to check that out. I'll pay up to a dime to see the race J/K, but seriously that needs to happen.

Lou

Old 03-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Banned
red944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond reputered944 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by cjv
By the way ............... I just might already have a couple of cars that might have a chance with any of the car's you mentioned.
CJV I would love too see all your cars, especially KA when she is finished.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Carmel is infamous around these parts
We've all had kit cars, and some of us are fortunate to own and experience the ultimate kit car.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:17 PM
cjv
Originally posted by red944
CJV I would love too see all your cars, especially KA when she is finished.
red944,

I appreciate the kind words, but KA isn't everything to all contests. I can tell you a GT3 (any class) or CGT would take her in a very tight course. There are also cars out there that will beat her in a straight line or top speed. KA is very good all around but she is still a street legal street car. KA is very much on the fringes of a "street car." The CGT is a real class act and attains gobs of power and handling with alot more comfort. There is alot to be said for that. The technology in that car is amazing.

As for seeing KA and some of my other cars, if you are in the area contact me. I assume you have a 944. Don't have a 944, but close. I have a 924 Carrera GT RS that was purposely built by Porsche for the factory team for Le Mans. It is one of two produced. I purchased it from the Porsche library in 1990. It weighs under 1800 pounds (wet) and has just under 500 hp. It looks like at first glance, but it is not street legal.

Last edited by cjv; 03-23-2005 at 10:20 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo GT700 vs. CGT!!