996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evo GT700 vs. CGT!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
i'd love to see xico's car go up against shank's new viper and a stock CGT. if filmed well, that'd be a video that'll be an internet car nut classic!

Old 03-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
What would be the point of shank's viper going against xico's car? Xico is outgunned by over 400 hp at the wheels isn't he? Nothing in the world is going to make up for that, the only thing that would even things up is if shank just couldn't get traction.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:27 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
that'd be one heck of a mismatch... especially from a roll. From a stop for 1/4mile it'd be interesting but any further and it's not much of a race

Old 03-24-2005, 07:57 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
that'd be one heck of a mismatch... especially from a roll. From a stop for 1/4mile it'd be interesting but any further and it's not much of a race

Old 03-24-2005, 10:02 AM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
I have a 924 Carrera GT RS that was purposely built by Porsche for the factory team for Le Mans. It is one of two produced. I purchased it from the Porsche library in 1990. It weighs under 1800 pounds (wet) and has just under 500 hp.
OMFG!! That must be a typo. 1800lbs!!???

Last edited by quartermile; 03-24-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:14 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by MANA
That goes for your Heffner:P

Believe me I've been in a few videos with modded Viper ACRs back in the day... Heh... all those things had were a blower, heads, headers, no cats, intake and some other bolt ons. I know how bloomin' fast those are even if they have the drag coefficient of a BRICK

Old 03-24-2005, 10:17 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts

I can't wait.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Paul2x is infamous around these parts
Wow!! what an uproar this vid has created...LOL its great!

We have some strong opinions here....

yep, a whole 4 mph! wow! watch out for those corners cause CGT is going to give it an enema if the stu car is actually even fully running properly and hasn't been in for more "tuning" (er: service).
WOW!!

Actually 4 mph...is quite alot in terms of 1/4 mile.

And to my knowldge wasn't Stu's car the one that got 1st place as well as one of the few cars that made it throught the shootout without any problems..!!??

I'm not trying to make your CGT look bad....I'm just saying....in this vid which show's a stright line race......the 996 was faster..(not by much) but was faster..

thats all....

People say there's no compairson....!?? How so!....

Compairing a turbo civic to a CGT is no compairson but these both come from the same manufacture and are already very high performers compaired to everyting else...

I think it was a great compairson.... You can do a few mods, pull on a CGT and still have a great car at the end of the day for several $$$ less than a CGT.

None the less, just is a great way to show people with 996's what they can do with a few mod's. Thats all.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:53 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by quartermile
OMFG!! That must be a typo. 1800lbs!!???
Sorry 1/4 ............. no typo.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Chronos is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by cjv

As for seeing KA and some of my other cars, if you are in the area contact me. I assume you have a 944. Don't have a 944, but close. I have a 924 Carrera GT RS that was purposely built by Porsche for the factory team for Le Mans. It is one of two produced. I purchased it from the Porsche library in 1990. It weighs under 1800 pounds (wet) and has just under 500 hp. It looks like at first glance, but it is not street legal.
Man, I spent many years in Marin (Novato). I was with a couple of buddies in the mid-80s when we came across two 924 Carrera GTs in the parking garage @ Union Square- I know one was red (have the pic somewhere) and I think the other was white. We fell silent for a few moments in honor of those magnificent beasts. I think they were the Euro street models. I'd still give my right ___ for one today.

Next time I'm in the Bay Area I hope to see you on the roads! Was just there a few weeks ago and for reminiscing by buddies and I made a mad dash to Point Reyes from Novato. Funny how one remembers those roads, the crests, the apexes, all these years later. Ramble ramble...

Old 03-24-2005, 04:52 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Chronos
Man, I spent many years in Marin (Novato). I was with a couple of buddies in the mid-80s when we came across two 924 Carrera GTs in the parking garage @ Union Square- I know one was red (have the pic somewhere) and I think the other was white. We fell silent for a few moments in honor of those magnificent beasts. I think they were the Euro street models. I'd still give my right ___ for one today.

Next time I'm in the Bay Area I hope to see you on the roads! Was just there a few weeks ago and for reminiscing by buddies and I made a mad dash to Point Reyes from Novato. Funny how one remembers those roads, the crests, the apexes, all these years later. Ramble ramble...
Chronos,

Don't laugh, but I don't own a digital camera. Maybe I can get Alex, (sharkster) to come over to the warehouse and take some pics to share.

Old 03-24-2005, 05:53 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Chad, this one? How does it compare to the KA ... or is it more of a collector's item for you?

Old 03-24-2005, 09:04 PM
cjv
Originally posted by quartermile
Chad, this one? How does it compare to the KA ... or is it more of a collector's item for you?

quartermile,

The above cars look similar but different. As to visual, the side windows are bubbled plastic which have a three to for inch protrusion outward. They are CGT's not CGTRS's. Now I have to get a pic to post.

It is a collectors item for me. I have never come close to pushing her to her limits.

Last edited by cjv; 03-24-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by cjv
Chronos,

Don't laugh, but I don't own a digital camera. Maybe I can get Alex, (sharkster) to come over to the warehouse and take some pics to share.
You know I'm down for it:P

Old 03-25-2005, 12:24 AM
wantone is infamous around these parts
Heck, I'd like to see the CGT against these... http://www.hpamotorsport.com/r32.htm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo GT700 vs. CGT!!