996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My type of Sunday drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 01:06 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
My type of Sunday drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC4Rfp99xFI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMFBJwBCrKk

Since then i have sorted out my understeering issue as i was lossing to much exit speed. I do however need some solid motor mounts, any vendors here carry some ? And I'm thinking intercoolers.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
rennlist.com or wevo

Old 01-14-2011, 07:33 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Very nice driving Enrique; good use of those turbos on straights. Wow, you passed a Mini Cooper; maybe I should ask my wife to bring her Mini if I ever go tracking.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:36 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Blockhed
rennlist.com or wevo
I'm thinking redline too as they are true solids. It also saves weight in the back of the car.

Originally Posted by MY996TT
Very nice driving Enrique; good use of those turbos on straights. Wow, you passed a Mini Cooper; maybe I should ask my wife to bring her Mini if I ever go tracking.
Thank you Eugene. This one you can see the good use of the brake system Which you will also be enjoying

Yes, I have taken my 1980 Benz to the track. Yes I have a few loose bolts. I asked if i could take my Smart Car but they said no unless I have a roll bar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x4iK4PUeRc

Old 01-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
The Wevo units are almost solid. Can't comment on true solids, but a tiny bit of urethane absorbing vibration seems like a good idea. I recently did the wevo mounts with 997T tranny mount and it was noticebly better AND almost un-noticebale in terms of ride harshness after a couple days of getting used to it.

Are you running more front camber, fatter fronts and a rear bar to dial out the understeer? I found that combination very effective. 255/35-18s will squeeze on the stock fronts and won't rub (even with 15mm spacers) They are are a perfect diameter match to the stock 295 rears. Also 15-21mm rear spacers will increase your track pretty significantly.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by ari
The Wevo units are almost solid. Can't comment on true solids, but a tiny bit of urethane absorbing vibration seems like a good idea. I recently did the wevo mounts with 997T tranny mount and it was noticebly better AND almost un-noticebale in terms of ride harshness after a couple days of getting used to it.

Are you running more front camber, fatter fronts and a rear bar to dial out the understeer? I found that combination very effective. 255/35-18s will squeeze on the stock fronts and won't rub (even with 15mm spacers) They are are a perfect diameter match to the stock 295 rears. Also 15-21mm rear spacers will increase your track pretty significantly.
Thanks for the info Ari. I have no issues with the tranny flexing, it's not signifficant. I do however feel the engine move more then I would like. Also one of my boost hooses at the Y pipe gets bend out of shape due to engine flexing. That's why i'm thinking solids is the way to go + weight factor.

As for my front camber, I'm running 3.2 or something around that line. At the track I like 245/35/18 hoosiers ( on this particular day i was running 245/40 ) . That's an equivilent of a 265 street tire, from what i'm told. I do have slight rubbing issues on the outside fender with that size up front. The rear in this particular day I was running 295's but i prefer the 315's on a 12 inch rim. I do however rub slightly on the inside. I need a 3 mm spacer and I think i will be fine with no rubbing on my hoosiers.

p.s.

The wheels are GT2 offsets.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:11 PM
slick858 has a spectacular aura aboutslick858 has a spectacular aura aboutslick858 has a spectacular aura about
so what was your fix to your understeer?

Old 02-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by slick858
so what was your fix to your understeer?
Adjusting my rebound and compression settings. Going stiffer up front reduced my entry understeer which is what i was having pretty bad. Also having cycled out tires up front didn't really help. I added a rear 996 GT2 swaybar to have a slightly stiffer rear end but also with adjustability. This seemed to cure the problem and i was able to fine tune even more so with the suspension. The car feels near perfect. It just needs some solid motor mounts so i can feel one with the machine