996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

JIC Cross Suspension Installed - Rear Clunking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:13 AM
mtl911 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by @l996
I wouldn't say it's defective. My personal opinion is that the coilovers suffer from poor build quality. They didn't always clunk. It happened maybe a few hundred miles after I started driving it.

- I literally threw a thousand or two trying to solve the problem. Maybe your problem is not the shock? maybe it's something hitting a control arm?

All I know is I replaced with KW's, RSS upper control arms, RSS lower control arms, ERP tie steer rods at the same time.

No knock, clutch, rattle anything.
Oh boy, not the answer I was looking for......I just bought this car, wierd that it didn't come up on the ppi @ Porsche

Old 12-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by @l996
I wouldn't say it's defective. My personal opinion is that the coilovers suffer from poor build quality. They didn't always clunk. It happened maybe a few hundred miles after I started driving it.

- I literally threw a thousand or two trying to solve the problem. Maybe your problem is not the shock? maybe it's something hitting a control arm?

All I know is I replaced with KW's, RSS upper control arms, RSS lower control arms, ERP tie steer rods at the same time.

No knock, clutch, rattle anything.
before changing over to the PSS9 and the RSS, did you check your lower control arms? did you have OEM or aftermarket lower control arms when you were running the JIC's?

I still have what looks like the oem lower control arms, and on the rear drivers side I seem to have a slight amount of play if I twist it left to right. I wonder if that could be my problem.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by mtl911
before changing over to the PSS9 and the RSS, did you check your lower control arms? did you have OEM or aftermarket lower control arms when you were running the JIC's?

I still have what looks like the oem lower control arms, and on the rear drivers side I seem to have a slight amount of play if I twist it left to right. I wonder if that could be my problem.
Changed Lower control arm, problem still persists