996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My new Boost Logic 996TT build!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
My new Boost Logic 996TT build!

So it has been a long while since I have posted any information on the current status of my car. This has been due to a lot of different things going on. I planned on keeping everyone up to date when I started doing it all, but things happened that kind of put that idea to the side. Back in early September I destroyed my 3rd gear due to power shifting. I did make a thread with pictures of the carnage. When the transmission was sent to GBOX for the rebuild/upgrades I went ahead and made the decision to start on the motor build. We started laying plans on what to do with the new setup. I knew I wanted to stay with a 3.6ltr to save sealing room because I was going to be shooting for a big power number. Then the disruption to our family’s life came on October 9th when my father passed away suddenly while on vacation with our mother. We have posted about it and had many people check on how we are doing even still today, and I cannot explain in words how much that means to us. This is when I stopped making post about the build because I guess I didn’t have the drive to do so; even though I was still going through the build.

So it is now late January and we are starting to pull a lot of the build together and I cannot wait to see how it does. Figured I would make a list of the new setup…

Driveline
  • GBOX Transmission with 997 shafts
  • Carbonetics LSD
  • Tilton Triple Disk Clutch (Still using this setup because I love this clutch!)

Fuel System
  • 160lb @ 3bar Injectors
  • Custom Fuel Rails with Adjustable Regulator
  • The current delivery system should be good for the power.
  • Will be utilizing Q16 for high boost and 93oct for street duty.

Motor (Where the main changes are)
  • Custom Sleeves (3.6ltr still though)
  • CP Pistons
  • Carrillo Rods
  • GT3 Oil Pump
  • Stock Crank
  • Performance Development Head Studs
  • ARP Studs
  • Ported 996TT heads
  • Custom Cams
  • Ferrera Valvetrain
  • 997TT intake manifold
  • And a few other pieces

Turbos
  • Garrett GTX 3582 dual ball bearing turbos

Tuning
  • No changes here, still using the Boost Logic standalone (tuned by Justin Nenni)

Chassis
  • Techquipment 4pt (no cross bar) roll bar
  • Custom parachute mount (still kicking this idea around)

Rim/Tire Setup
  • Staying with my current Kinesis F110’s for street duty
  • Staying with my current CCW Drag Pack for track duty

I know there is not a lot of detail on a lot of the parts, but that is all I know off the top of my head. Boost Logic is doing the build so they know more about the pieces than I do.

Expected power goals are unknown because I hate setting goals because I’m one of those people that will do whatever to get that number if I do not see it LOL! So I just go with it and hope for the best. The only real goal that I have in the back of my head is to go over 160mph in the ¼ mile. Hopefully that will not be a problem.

I will post some pictures as I get them. I was at Boost Logic this weekend and did not take any sadly. The turbos have not arrived yet so when they do I will get some of the 11 blade sexiness!

As for Lil Powell, he has now taken over my old ID 1000cc injectors, Precision Billet 5857 turbos, and a few other pieces. He will be installing a Tilton triple disk, the injectors and a water/meth kit soon; and the turbo kit will follow soon after. He wants in the 800-900rwhp area which shouldn’t be a problem. He will be running basically my old setup without the surge tank and standalone. EPL will be doing all the tuning on it.

I will keep this thread updated as information rolls in!

Thanks!
Chris

Old 01-24-2011, 09:58 AM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
sounds like quite a build, looking forward to updates!

Old 01-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Looks promising Chris, looking forward to the #'s when the time comes.

Will you be at both TX2K11 and The Mile?

Old 01-24-2011, 10:02 AM
xsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud ofxsbc63x has much to be proud of
cant wait for the numbers! you guys did great things in the supra community, now on to porsches!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:09 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
I remember reading that this wasnt going to turn into an expensive modded car when you originally bought it guess that went out the window lol. Have fun with it dude your cars gonna be one bad *****.

Old 01-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by revracer
I remember reading that this wasnt going to turn into an expensive modded car when you originally bought it guess that went out the window lol. Have fun with it dude your cars gonna be one bad *****.
I'm surprised he didn't swap in an LSX with turbos etc...

Old 01-24-2011, 10:21 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
subscribed looks like this will be very interesting...

Old 01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
^ Indeed. It's interesting to see the 997tt intake being used for all that power.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:00 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Chris
Looks exciting!!

I assume it will be ready by mile time...?

Old 01-24-2011, 11:07 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Chris - Best of luck and keep us updated.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:12 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed!

This will be very interesting!!

Do you think your car will be ready for the mile?If so I will try my best to be there!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Sounds like it's going to be a very stout setup. My condolences in regards to your father.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
As long as things go as planned I should be at the mile. I am not sure how fast I want to push it, esp after seeing what happened to Richard's Lambo. I know a full cage is what is going to be needed if anything were to happen, but when I put the full cage in my Camaro years ago it ruined what little creature comforts it had left. So we will see. It will also be at TX2K11 as long as nothing comes up (Since it is a week prior).

I remember telling myself this car was going to stay stock to! I cave in to easily I guess LOL!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:12 PM
bimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to beholdbimmer81 is a splendid one to behold
Awesome, good luck your car is going to be a beast.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:57 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Way to go bruv..look forward to the updates

Jag

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new Boost Logic 996TT build!