996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Painted my Broken Eggs....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:25 PM
XwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud ofXwalkerX has much to be proud of
the yellow 996 posted looks like a ninja turtle to me

Old 01-28-2011, 04:53 PM
uurfantasy has a spectacular aura aboutuurfantasy has a spectacular aura aboutuurfantasy has a spectacular aura about
i wanna see!

Old 01-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
I was thinking of doing the same thing - You beat me to it. It looks great!

Did you leave the washer chrome? I was thinking that should be painted too.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:15 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
excuse the crappy iphone pics.

I think I should have painted the headlight washer covers - will prolly vinyl over in black or CF.

Last edited by ttpopo; 01-28-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
I went with the Techart 996TT headlight finishers on my triple black, 2005 996TSCab-they come in fiberglass, and I had my dealer paint them in factory-matching black, including the washer heads-they can also be removed if desired without damage to the clear headlight cover:

Attached Images    
Old 01-28-2011, 11:03 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Perfect - I'm getting on that tomorrow!

Old 01-28-2011, 11:38 PM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
ttpopo: what do you think about this instead? I think it looks surprisingly great.

Attached Images  
Old 01-28-2011, 11:47 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
looks really good

Old 01-29-2011, 01:32 AM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Slider
I was thinking of doing the same thing - You beat me to it. It looks great!

Did you leave the washer chrome? I was thinking that should be painted too.
You sir, are correct - the washer covers will be painted blue...

Old 01-29-2011, 01:49 AM
CarGuy56 is infamous around these parts
looks nice

Old 01-29-2011, 05:58 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I think I'll stay stock. I've always appreciated the 996.2 headlights.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by DYL 911
ttpopo: what do you think about this instead? I think it looks surprisingly great.

It looks good, I just want to keep my foglights.

Thanks fer the 'chop

Old 01-31-2011, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Wow... that really "modernizes" the 996TT, looks very nice.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:20 AM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Al Pettee
I went with the Techart 996TT headlight finishers on my triple black, 2005 996TSCab-they come in fiberglass, and I had my dealer paint them in factory-matching black, including the washer heads-they can also be removed if desired without damage to the clear headlight cover:
Anybody know a good source for the techart covers??

Old 01-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Anthony996tt is infamous around these partsAnthony996tt is infamous around these parts
Not really a fan. To me it doesn't look like it belongs,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painted my Broken Eggs....