996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ski Rack Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:27 PM
cjaz is infamous around these parts
Ski Rack Question

Does anyone know if the Porsche ski racks, shown here

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...96TT_RoofRacks

are exactly the same as the Thule ski racks 91724 and 91725.

They seem like they are identical, and I am nearly certain Thule makes the porsche parts. What confuses me in the end is that the Porsche racks are cheaper. If they are the same that would be very unusual for the Porsche version to be the cheaper version.

Thanks

chris

Old 02-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cjaz

They seem like they are identical, and I am nearly certain Thule makes the porsche parts. What confuses me in the end is that the Porsche racks are cheaper. If they are the same that would be very unusual for the Porsche version to be the cheaper version.

Thanks

chris
I believe they are made by THULE, but they only fit the porsche rack.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:47 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjaz

Thanks

chris

Chris,

I had a similar question but regarding the cross bars. I spoke to an executive of PNA parts department, and they are made by some company called Orian or something of that sort. Can't recall the name.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:14 AM
cjaz is infamous around these parts
I was under the impression that Thule made the bars as well, but that could be wrong. I'm pretty sure that there are no aftermarket bars that will fit, at least not like the porsche one's. I have read that once you have the bars, any Thule attachment will fit on them, perhaps Yakima stuff as well, since Thule and Yakima seem to play well together.

Does anyone out there have the Porsche ski rack?