996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Aftermarket Urethane Front Bumper ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 04:24 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Aftermarket Urethane Front Bumper ?

Are there any options out there other then an OEM GT2 bumper?

Old 02-04-2011, 04:35 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
I have one from NR Auto. Some haven't had good success with them - mine is fine.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RiA
I have one from NR Auto. Some haven't had good success with them - mine is fine.
+1

NR makes their bumpers from polyurethane and reinforces them with carbon fiber on certain application. They're quite cheaper than OEM as well.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks will check it out

Old 02-05-2011, 02:32 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
NR auto bumper will arrive curled up like it sat in the microwave for 15mins. Unless your body shop is EXTREMELY good you will see a wave in the nose. Also the fake front lip does not look the same as the OEM GT2 lip... does it fit? if you call NR (although he has a OEM front on his 996) he will say "i'm not too sure if the OEM lip will fit on MY fake gt2 front bumper. How would someone not know... kinda shady if you ask me. Go with Precision Porsche. They are a sponsor on here and more importantly are active on this forum. Urethane is stronger than fiber glass but are you really going to be hitting the bumper that much?? if at all...?

Last edited by SSMugen; 02-05-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ssmugen
NR auto bumper will arrive curled up like it sat in the microwave for 15mins. Unless your body shop is EXTREMELY good you will see a wave in the nose. Also the fake front lip does not look the same as the OEM GT2 lip... does it fit? if you call NR (although he has a OEM front on his 996) he will say "i'm not too sure if the OEM lip will fit on MY fake gt2 front bumper. How would someone not know... kinda shady if you ask me. Go with Precision Porsche. They are a sponsor on here and more importantly are active on this forum. Urethane is stronger than fiber glass but are you really going to be hitting the bumper that much?? if at all...?
Thanks for the plug bud This is the way I see it... If you hit a bump (parking stop, sidewalk, etc, a polyurethane bumper will have a bump/crease and a FG bumper will crack. Both will need repairs... which one is easier and cheaper to repair... FG all the way. If you are careful, I don't see why FG wouldn't be a top contender imo

Edwin

Old 02-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Is it the polyurethane bumper that would start to sag in hot weather ... or is it FG?

Old 02-05-2011, 11:13 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Hey liNks, here's another option for ya (post 4) https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3047872

If it's between NR or Precision I'd go with Precision, stand-up guys and I've been very happy with their products.
Lets just say the little experience I've had with NR has me agreeing with ssmugen...

One of the MUST DO things with fiber glass is put an M3 film, it takes care of 90% of the negative attributes!!!

Check-out the post if your interested in the bumper I've got on my P. ride.

Cheers!

Sid.

Attached Images   
Old 02-06-2011, 08:17 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
"i'm not too sure if the OEM lip will fit on MY fake gt2 front bumper.
OEM lip fits just fine on my NR Auto nose.

Is the bumper perfect - no. It's not OEM, but it is works just fine. I'm sure the Precision Porsche FG bumper cover fits just fine and works well too.

Last edited by RiA; 02-06-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Good to know, im not so much worried about hitting it, I just have this thing with FG for some reason... rock chips is a main thing and the non flexible material is another, I have just always liked the Urethane bumpers in the front. The one experience I have had with FG was a bad one.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Hey liNks, here's another option for ya (post 4) https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3047872

If it's between NR or Precision I'd go with Precision, stand-up guys and I've been very happy with their products.
Lets just say the little experience I've had with NR has me agreeing with ssmugen...

One of the MUST DO things with fiber glass is put an M3 film, it takes care of 90% of the negative attributes!!!

Check-out the post if your interested in the bumper I've got on my P. ride.

Cheers!

Sid.
Your car looks great, not in the market for a $10K front bumper though

Old 02-06-2011, 10:58 AM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RiA
OEM lip fits just fine on my NR Auto nose.

Is it perfect - no. It's not OEM, but it is works just fine. I'm sure the Precision Porsche FG bumper cover fits just fine and works well too.

Sorry i'm not understanding your response. You say that the OEM fits just fine so I would assume you tried it on your car. Which is GREAT b/c I have an NR auto front and would really like to get the OEM lip.

But then you say no. Its not OEM... well in that picture without you telling me I can tell its an NR lip because it doesn't look like an OEM lip.

Compare to the GT2 lip below....

ok j/k

Here is our member ROCK's OEM install... notice how smooth it looks?

and just for the heck of it... here is Uurfantasy's front lip.... is it OEM or aftermarket? (Plug for Edwin)

Here is my a thread with a few pictures of my NR Auto bumper.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-run-away.html

FYI: I do not work for any after market bumper companies... this is my just opinion.

- David

Last edited by SSMugen; 02-06-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I had an NR Auto Polyurethane GT2 bumper on my 2002 996TT ... the corners of the lip was sticking out by a good .5 inch ... Didnt try the OEM lip tho ...

Although .... good thing the polyurethane lip was very forgiving on humps and driveways ....

Not sure if it'll sag on extremely hot weather tho ...

Old 02-06-2011, 03:57 PM
RiA
Sorry i'm not understanding your response. You say that the OEM fits just fine so I would assume you tried it on your car. Which is GREAT b/c I have an NR auto front and would really like to get the OEM lip.

But then you say no. Its not OEM... well in that picture without you telling me I can tell its an NR lip because it doesn't look like an OEM lip.
I clarified my statement above I replaced "it" with "the bumper".

In that picture, you will find the NR Auto urethane front GT2 bumper AND the OEM GT2 lip - the lip is not NR as I have always used the OEM lip.

To address sagging in hot weather - mine hasn't, but I've only seen about 105 degrees on a few hot summer days.

Last edited by RiA; 02-06-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LiNks
Your car looks great, not in the market for a $10K front bumper though
Neither was I
That's why I actually took the time to do that long write-up so others don't find themselves in the same position when thinking the 4K bumper + lights cover everything only to end up spending 10K...

Don't get me wrong there's nothing better than customizing your ride and I absolutely loveeeee my front end!!!!
But I don't think I would have done it if I knew the true cost, complication and work upfront, hence the heads-up.

Good luck with the search!

Sid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Urethane Front Bumper ?