996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996tt Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:22 AM
reddswiss has a spectacular aura aboutreddswiss has a spectacular aura about
996tt Questions

I'm new to 6 speed and thought I'd check in. I sold my 1980 turbo a few years back. I just bought a clean 2002 966tt and want to do what It think are basic mod's. Air Induction, (v flow???) MAF, Diverter Valves ECU flash, Exhaust and Coilovers.

There are so many choices that I'm not sure what to choose.

A friend in the states has a 2004 GT2, he has Bilstien (PSS9) Coilovers he removed from his car. Will these work on the 966tt and are they a good choice? He also has a full Car Graphics Exhaust. Should fit 966tt???

As for ECU mapping. I would like to find someone Europe for mapping. What are good/best options for these mod's? I was told GIAC or APR. I'm sure there are other good choices. Pro's Cons??

Sorry for the long post. Thank you in advance for any feedback. Take care...

Old 02-06-2011, 09:37 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
im not sure you need a maf . and i wouldnt bother with an intake , just get a good drop in filter and be done with it. do the diverters , exhaust , and ecu .

as for ecu tune, i would get one of the us based tuners, like protomotive for example i just think the us tuners tune better ,

Old 02-06-2011, 09:59 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Coilovers, and exhaust will fit just fine on your car.

most of the USA Tuners tune cars in Europe too, its all done remotely anyways.

UMW, Switzer, Proto, EPL, can all get your tuning in check with the exhaust.

MAF is not needed, DV if yours are bad, leave intake stock or do a fabspeed/dual snorkle setup with large stock filter

Old 02-06-2011, 10:37 AM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
i agree with the drop in , save your $ .. when i did the DV, a TB and plenum, a 3" exhaust, flash, my car was a rocket, solid .9-1.0 bar all day long.. if i were you, and this is what i do, think of mods you can grow with instead of buying ones for now and then replacing them later.. if you stick with those 5 things you'll be very happy, for now.. you might want to change the boost hoses too.. never did this with the k16's, but you can always upgrade your wastegates to after market 1.0 bar.. better response, and about 25 more HP.. it will not hurt the engine, you're just pushing your turbos to the max.. that's what these cars are for... enjoy your new toy!!!

Old 02-06-2011, 11:30 AM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
Iv got a v flow for sale on here. Lmk

Old 02-06-2011, 01:26 PM
RudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to beholdRudyTT is a splendid one to behold
The suspension and exhaust should fit your Turbo.

Air induction (intake) doesn't seem to do much for these cars as others have already expressed. I had an intake for my car that I removed and couldn't feel any loss in performance afterwards.

I don't think you need to mess with the MAF yet.

What I would recommend is start with a combination of ECU flash, exhaust and DV. Out of those 3, the DV doesn't actually add any horsepower, but with the increased boost level that accompanies the ECU flash, the stock DV will leak sooner or later.

As for flash, I would whole heartedly recommend EPL. I bought my car with another company's flash already on the ECU. Had some issues with that company's tune. So I took advantage of EPL's K16 flash special last year for $999, a deal that really can't be beat. Solved a lot of issues and I couldn't be happier. Also, EPL gives you credit should you want to upgrade your tune later on (perhaps you want to go with bigger turbos, thus requiring a different tune, etc.).

Old 02-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
GT2 front coilovers do not fit the turbo however the rears will. No need for the airbox I made 776 rwhp with the stock airbox and a bmc filter. I would check with your local Porsche group and see what they are running. There maybe maps for altitude and temp that are not seen in the us.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hey Reddswiss, make sure to check our the Fabspeed Performance package for your 996 Turbo. It includes our full Exhaust, Headers, Air Intake and EVOMSit ECU Tune. The Full 2.50" package is all a simple bolt on upgrade and will bring your car to 609+ HP and 667+ ft-lbs of Torque at the crank. We also have our 70mm Exhaust Package which makes another 40+ HP and 25+ ft-lbs of Torque over the 2.50" Package. Here is the link to our website which has more details, Dyno results and Video. PM me or email me if you have any questions and what you decide to do. I would stick with simple bolt on upgrades and not get into the internals too much.
thanks,

Old 02-08-2011, 06:59 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
Hey Reddswiss, make sure to check our the Fabspeed Performance package for your 996 Turbo. It includes our full Exhaust, Headers, Air Intake and EVOMSit ECU Tune. The Full 2.50" package is all a simple bolt on upgrade and will bring your car to 609+ HP and 667+ ft-lbs of Torque at the crank. We also have our 70mm Exhaust Package which makes another 40+ HP and 25+ ft-lbs of Torque over the 2.50" Package. Here is the link to our website which has more details, Dyno results and Video. PM me or email me if you have any questions and what you decide to do. I would stick with simple bolt on upgrades and not get into the internals too much.
thanks,
650hp from 70mm exhaust, intake, and tune?

Old 02-08-2011, 07:12 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
thats what i was thinking?

Old 02-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Yes thats correct guys, but its 650HP to the crank so about 500-520 to the wheels

Old 02-09-2011, 08:07 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Let me see if I have this correct, with your exhaust, intake and tune, you're getting 609hp at the flywheel on an otherwise stock 996TT?

Is that with K16s or K24s?

I'm having a hard time with this...

Old 02-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
650HP sounds more like a K24/18G car. Couldn't possibly mean 650 with those mods and stock K16 turbochargers. Even with K24s and all those mods I would guess somewhere in the mid to high 500HP range.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:55 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
EVOMS has a 610 kit and that includes GT28s...

Old 02-09-2011, 08:59 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
Yes thats correct guys, but its 650HP to the crank so about 500-520 to the wheels
650hp crank with 510 to the wheels is roughly 28% loss??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996tt Questions