996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gray to Black interior conversion almost complete *Before & After*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 01:16 AM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
I think you got a deal for everything at 2k. I would have guessed much more. I like the two tone black interior with grey dash look. I put grey floor mats in my black interior for some contrast (and so I could see when my black phone, Ipod, sunglass, etc fell on the floor).
thanks! I might leave the dash gray and try to get black a/c vents, the top cluster pod,front air vent and steering wheels...might add a nice contrast

Old 02-07-2011, 01:19 AM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RudyTT
Looks great! When I was shopping for a Turbo, many of the white ones I encountered had gray interior. I didn't want to have to go through swapping interiors so I waited until one with black interior came along. Props to you for actually going through with the swap!

Couple questions:
1. On the lower part of your door panels, it appear the carpets are black. Even with full black interior, mine appear gray-ish. Is it just photography lighting or did Porsche change something in later production years?

2. On the subject of door panels, shouldn't there be speakers or did the GT3s not come with speakers on the door panels?

3. Would electric 997 seats be plug and play or would I still need to mess around with the wiring harness? I've been thinking of "upgrading" to 997 seats for the better looking switch gears and am wondering how complex the project would be.
thanks!

1. my appear black in person as well...
2. the GT3s don't have the side speakers, so its an extra storage compartment
3. the seats will require tapping into the 996 harness. Takes about 5 mins with a T-tap connector i used. I think the memory module is the most difficult part to work with, but unless you buy 997 seats with memory, then you should be okay.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Mikkofin
Those 997 seats really upgrade the interior more than I thought. I am also interested in the install. How hard was it to make them fit?
Filament is the same as 996 seats, but you need to tap into the oem wiring harness for the power stuff

Old 02-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Mikkofin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by legendr34
Filament is the same as 996 seats, but you need to tap into the oem wiring harness for the power stuff
Thanks for the info!

Old 02-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by Mikkofin
Thanks for the info!
no problem

Old 02-07-2011, 01:40 AM
jdiesel has a spectacular aura aboutjdiesel has a spectacular aura about
props for doing the swap, I contemplated it when I found a turbo I really liked except it had gray interior but then I decided it would be too much work for me especially the dash. Maybe instead of swapping the whole dash you can just contrast it with cf.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by jdiesel
props for doing the swap, I contemplated it when I found a turbo I really liked except it had gray interior but then I decided it would be too much work for me especially the dash. Maybe instead of swapping the whole dash you can just contrast it with cf.
thanks, I have been looking for CF parts, but they seem to be too expensive

Old 02-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by legendr34
lol

Interior was $1200
Seats were $750

damn, that's almost $2000
If it makes you feel any better, you can definitely add me to the list of people saying it looks MUCH NICER now in black than the original gray. Well done, and best wishes on the rest of the conversion too.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:39 AM
SaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really nice
Great job black looks much better !

Old 02-07-2011, 08:19 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Where did you find the alcantara center console. I love that.

Old 02-07-2011, 12:29 PM
SILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the rough
What are you doing with the gray parts you removed? email me at jdell@atlasnow.com

Old 02-07-2011, 01:07 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Look good! What did you do with the pieces you took out?

Old 02-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
If it makes you feel any better, you can definitely add me to the list of people saying it looks MUCH NICER now in black than the original gray. Well done, and best wishes on the rest of the conversion too.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by SaMaS
Great job black looks much better !
Thanks!
Originally Posted by bmoores
Where did you find the alcantara center console. I love that.
Thanks, I had it done at a local upholstery shop
Originally Posted by SILVERFOX
What are you doing with the gray parts you removed? email me at jdell@atlasnow.com
Emailed
Originally Posted by deckman
Look good! What did you do with the pieces you took out?
Thanks, I still have them...

Last edited by legendr34; 02-07-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by deckman
In my old C2 I did something like what you've done, but not the same degree. I had a black interior but everything was vinyl and I thought it was cheap looking. I replaced all the panels with leather and was left with the dash. I bought a dash but never got up the energy to do that. It's a big job. I think the windshield needs to be removed. I ended up selling the car and then the dash just a few months ago. I like all the nice touches you've done.

Back to the old pieces. The gray leather interior doesn't hold up well in my opinion. What kind of condition are yours in? Would you be interested in selling any of them? Thanks.

John
Yea., the dash doesn't look fun at all. What pieces might you be interested in? all pieces are in great condition, minus the pass. door bin, which i scratched and the ebrake handle, which has wear.

Last edited by legendr34; 02-07-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:56 PM
LO_996tt is infamous around these parts
How did the 997 seatbelt receivers work out? Did they take the 996 belts?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gray to Black interior conversion almost complete *Before & After*