996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

does anybody run a milltek anymore? advice needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:48 AM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
does anybody run a milltek anymore? advice needed

I recently sold a fabspeed gen3 twin can exhaust for a 01 996tt and I do not want anything louder than stock in the cabin, and NO DRONE in any rpm range or throttle input, as well I dont want to be forced to float around the rpm range or drive on the highway in 5th gear to avoid any unnecessary noise.
But I want something that made similar power as the fabspeed to work with my epl stage2 flash. Does this milltek offer this? Or would I be better off finding a used ep2 quiet? I have never heard this system in person so I am trying to get as much info as possible to make the best choice for me, and this will be my fourth exhaust and frankly it will be my last. Unfortunately I have not heard anything pre 2009 in regards to these exhausts and other guys complaining about fitment issues with the center donuts and leaks. Has this been rectified with the newer models?
Also if there is anyone in the greater vancouver area that has on that I could hear in person.
Thanks guys let me have it.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
From what I've been reading the AWE pipes might fit well with your needs as well, so add that to the short list.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hi Gearhead, sorry that you sold the Ver.3 Sport Exhaust for the 996 Turbo. We have a quieter system thats more subtle which is the version 2 so if you were interested, you could just swap the mufflers out to get the quieter sound. PM me or give me a call if your interested and I can make you nice deal on the Ver.2 setup. You will get all the gains with the exhaust setup and it will sound like the way want.
Thanks,

Old 02-07-2011, 12:26 PM
SILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the roughSILVERFOX is a jewel in the rough
I have a 2001' 996tt with a GT700 kit and Milltek exhaust. The car is extremely quiet at all rpm's. Even wide open inside the car you can barely hear the exhaust. It sounds great outside without any noise inside. No leaks or fitment problems since installation 4 years ago. Good Luck!!!

Old 02-07-2011, 01:04 PM
gearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond reputegearhead has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the help Alex, but I already sold it.
Ken appreciate it, and I have looked into your systems, seems like an interesting idea.
Silverfox glad you say you like it. Would you say it's stock quiet even with your big turbos?
I would like an ep2 quiet but my god there expensive!!
Trying to find something similar in flow and sound without the crippling price tag. But don't get me wrong if I had the money I would buy an ep, I just don't.
Anybody in Vancouver have one?anybody?

Old 02-07-2011, 02:41 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,Did you look into the Cargraphics systems...They have 3 different sound versions....I was in the same boat as you.......I bought there medium sound version which I loved it...Tony at EPL thinks the Cargraphics is the best also.He has had my car on his dyno...I am ging to take it off and sell it for a great price......It is in the parts for sale section on this site with the details......If I do not sell it this week ,I am going to swap those large HJS 200 cats on it now for speedtech 100 cats and hope I see some power increase with my K24/18 set-up then......Good Luck...

Old 02-07-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks John but I think even the medium will be too loud for me. My fab was the medium version. I realize this isn't a cargraphic it's just too much for me personally. Good luck with sale though

Old 02-07-2011, 03:49 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Your welcome,just trying to give you an option....The medium sound and the quiet one are TUV approved ,so its not that loud.........Those make as much power as there loud,sport,version........

Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 PM
slick858 has a spectacular aura aboutslick858 has a spectacular aura aboutslick858 has a spectacular aura about
I have a Milltek exhaust on my car and it is GREAT if you want a quiet exhaust, and it truly is not bad on the wallet either.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:11 PM
TekNiC3 is infamous around these partsTekNiC3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alex@Fabspeed
Hi Gearhead, sorry that you sold the Ver.3 Sport Exhaust for the 996 Turbo. We have a quieter system thats more subtle which is the version 2 so if you were interested, you could just swap the mufflers out to get the quieter sound. PM me or give me a call if your interested and I can make you nice deal on the Ver.2 setup. You will get all the gains with the exhaust setup and it will sound like the way want.
Thanks,

How do you know if you have version 3 or 2 mufflers?

Old 02-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Gen 3 models have two exhaust canisters instead of the gen1 or gen2 which are single cans.
The gen3 comes in three different sound levels, tip/cab version(quietest) 6 speed version(moderate) which I had and super sport(loud). Built well, didn't drone, just too loud for me.
Hope this helps

Old 02-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
I am running the Miltek Sport and would like something more aggressive. Some drone and much better "sound" than stock and drilled out stock. For me a catless cross with swappable 100cell cats will be my next system. This one might still be too loud for you.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:04 PM
You are the first who mentioned any drone, don't want to hear that. Is it the 100 or 200 cell cat? Haven't heard of the sport version. Do they make multiple sound levels like fabspeed?

Old 02-08-2011, 01:37 AM
porschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of lightporschenaround is a glorious beacon of light
... milltek was way too loud for me, then tried europipe2, then a preowned ruf 550 was the best, get compliments for its 'note' all the time, no drone at all (trust me took 5 total exhausts and lots of labor time $$$$ to find this one)

Old 02-08-2011, 01:42 AM
TekNiC3 is infamous around these partsTekNiC3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porschenaround
... milltek was way too loud for me, then tried europipe2, then a preowned ruf 550 was the best, get compliments for its 'note' all the time, no drone at all (trust me took 5 total exhausts and lots of labor time $$$$ to find this one)
So the Europipe has some drone as well?

Originally Posted by gearhead
Gen 3 models have two exhaust canisters instead of the gen1 or gen2 which are single cans.
The gen3 comes in three different sound levels, tip/cab version(quietest) 6 speed version(moderate) which I had and super sport(loud). Built well, didn't drone, just too loud for me.
Hope this helps
Hmm...the fabspeed I have has two canisters. Not too crazy loud outside after the car is warmed up, but between 2000-3000 RPM, it is a bit too loud inside the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: does anybody run a milltek anymore? advice needed