996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Calling Scott - Switzer R1K?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Anthony996tt is infamous around these partsAnthony996tt is infamous around these parts
More Updates Please!!! BTW is that flat white?!

Old 05-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Quick update:

Scott's engine went from a table of specially blueprinted components last week to long-block status as of today. Ideally turbos and other components will be mounted later this week and installed in the car soon after that.

From there the break-in procedure will begin as soon as we have a transmission to run the car through, which right now is being built at ShepTrans, fully loaded with Dodson ProMax clutches.

After we break it in properly, dyno-tuning commences, and that is where things will get interesting...

Old 05-02-2011, 04:58 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Congrats Scott,to sell your GT2 and your GT-R it must be a really something,very special car.We are specting those big numbers and breaking marks.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rdss
Congrats Scott,to sell your GT2 and your GT-R it must be a really something,very special car.We are specting those big numbers and breaking marks.
Thanks. I believe when the build is done, my GT-R will be faster on 93 octane and low boost than my GT2 was on race gas at full boost. It 'may' even be quicker than my 900rwhp 996TT was on race gas at full-boost. With 100 octane and Q16 it won't even be close.

So...ya, I'm expecting it'll be pretty special.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Very excited for you Scott... neil, we need pictures!
Thanks, Casey. We have to be selective about the pics that we post. But Neil will post more later on.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:34 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Scott looks like a monster build...I like to see people push the envelope it only leads to progress for everyone else. Having been around the game for a while though I gotta ask you are you nervous about the gremlins that occur from epic builds such as yours...one of the things that deter folks from such extensive undertakings (besides cost lol ) is the potential teething and sorting issues and problems that occur out of expensive builds when invariably the car doesn't run right for one reason or another and that leading to more issues, downtime, and in general spending even more time in the workshop...this happens not only with enthusiasts but with pro teams as well which is why they spend so much time and money on development of a new program/chassis even after the intial series trim builds are completed.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:50 PM
03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future
Excuse my Ignorance, was this a brand new car or used model?

Old 05-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Scott looks like a monster build...I like to see people push the envelope it only leads to progress for everyone else. Having been around the game for a while though I gotta ask you are you nervous about the gremlins that occur from epic builds such as yours...one of the things that deter folks from such extensive undertakings (besides cost lol ) is the potential teething and sorting issues and problems that occur out of expensive builds when invariably the car doesn't run right for one reason or another and that leading to more issues, downtime, and in general spending even more time in the workshop...this happens not only with enthusiasts but with pro teams as well which is why they spend so much time and money on development of a new program/chassis even after the intial series trim builds are completed.
Great points. But no, I'm not worried whatsoever.

The reason is that the baseline setup for this car (the R1K) has already been proven and is running around on multiple cars around the world with zero issues. This build uses mostly the same components but with the some very precise (but not radical) tweaks designed to make more power.

Tym Switzer is extremely, extremely (did I mention extremely?) concerned with maintaining optimal drivability and reliability on all of his builds. I can't get into specifics, but let's just say that he set me straight a couple of times when I asked him about adding or changing the build to a more extreme variant that didn't use proven components.

Like a good parent, he knows what's best for you whether you want to hear it or not

Old 05-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by 03 996tt
Excuse my Ignorance, was this a brand new car or used model?
Used, with 4k miles on it. I'd never build, let alone purchase a new high-end car.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future
whats the difference between this car and the one you sold? Im not very familiar with the GT-R's although I have read that they change and improve them yearly.

Thanks and sorry for asking such beginner questions

Old 05-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by 03 996tt
whats the difference between this car and the one you sold? Im not very familiar with the GT-R's although I have read that they change and improve them yearly.

Thanks and sorry for asking such beginner questions
No problem. My first one was Super Silver with a cat-back and tune. This one is white and already had certain modifications organic to the setup I'm currently having installed.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:50 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
this i got to see

Old 05-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Scott looking forward to seeing this thing out and kicking ***! Hope you and Peter (and of course families) are doing good!

Old 05-02-2011, 10:37 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
WOW sick... All you GTR guy's have me so damn intrigued now a day's!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Tym welding up some custom parts for Scott's build...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling Scott - Switzer R1K?