996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Exhaust Choices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ard
EP2 Quiet, no drone.

I have a EP2 Loud, and I love the sound..I don't know if it 'drones'. I would not buy an EP1.
I cant comment on an EP1 on a 996tt. You may be right but each to his own. Altho OP did specify he didn't want drone tho. Id be inclined to take Stefs (EP) advice here....after all he is the maker and, tells the truth to the buyers. That way they don't wind up with surprises . OP should email stef and ask his advice.

And re EP1. The 997tt's engine is a completely different animal with its VTG turbos. EP1 is more than loud enough inside when the revs are loitering in the "drone zone"....1800 to 2800 rpms.

Originally Posted by reddswiss
Are you saying the EP1 does or does not drone? How do you like your EP?
Thats right. and .....love it. THE best mod on the car. Cant beat the fit and finish either. I see there is a used EP thats just come up. Email stef, tell him your particular likes and dislikes and he will give you the honest scoop on his products. The one for sale may be what you want.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:41 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
it's the EP 2 loud, rocks . sounds right at low rpms, no drone, i have a 6speed, and sounds bad a-- at high rpms.. it's really not that loud though.. i have pics of it here only 8k miles

Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 PM
moto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to all
I had a Fabspeed on my first 996TT. It droned alot at low RPM. I replaced it with a EP loud. The EP had very little drone.

-M

Old 02-13-2011, 07:15 PM
VEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really niceVEGAS BAIL is just really nice
Originally Posted by reddswiss
I've narrowed my choices - Europipe , Cargraphics and the Fabspeed moderate exhaust.

Because of price only, I'm leaning more towards the Fabspeed. After all the reading I've done, I hear conflicting accounts of drone/no drone. What are some members experiences with this product and others. I want to get as close to right the first time as I can.

My upgrade list is not huge. Exhaust, flash & diverter valves. Probably going with UMW for the flash.

This spring I'll do the coilovers if it feels like I need them. Car has the sport suspension option. It also is sitting pretty low now, might have had previous suspension work. It's hard to tell as I have the winter all weather Nokian 235/40 and 295/35 tires. I am drifting before anything else.

Last thing, my garage is subterranean and has a shorter steep ramp. I am rubbing the front spoiler no matter the angle of attack, both in and out. Are there any options to correct this.

I know it's a long post. I really am enjoying the 996, it's a whole different animal than my previous 911's. The car is tight now.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
I have a cargraphic and a Fabspeed exhaust for sale. I will make yu a good deal if you want, i do not need them anymore.. let me know PM if you would like. i will save you more alot of money if you would like. The Fabspeed only has maybe 500 miles on it and the cargraphic has about 3000 miles on it...

Old 02-13-2011, 07:18 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by moto
I had a Fabspeed on my first 996TT. It droned alot at low RPM. I replaced it with a EP loud. The EP had very little drone.

-M
To me the EP2 loud drones in the 2k range in the big k24 turbo cars, not so with the k16 cars. What constitutes drone however is very subjective from person to person

Old 02-13-2011, 11:56 PM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Vegas Bail, I can not send PM's yet. Can you PM me some info on your exhaust systems for sale. Thanks!

Old 02-14-2011, 12:18 AM
reddswiss has a spectacular aura aboutreddswiss has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by VEGAS BAIL
I have a cargraphic and a Fabspeed exhaust for sale. I will make yu a good deal if you want, i do not need them anymore.. let me know PM if you would like. i will save you more alot of money if you would like. The Fabspeed only has maybe 500 miles on it and the cargraphic has about 3000 miles on it...
I am very interested in your cargraphic exhaust. Will you ship to Switzerland? I was just in LV 2 weeks ago.
I sent a PM but not sure it went through as I am new here. Can you send an Email - wahoo at hispeed .ch
Thanks.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:03 AM
arortiz has a spectacular aura aboutarortiz has a spectacular aura aboutarortiz has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by VEGAS BAIL
Cannot send pm's, interested in fabspeed. Need to know which version, loud? Moderate? Is it the 2 cannister or 1? Does it come complete? How much? arortiz@libertypr.net or 787-403-1491, thanks. Bob

Old 02-16-2011, 07:12 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
tip cars have more drone then the 6 speed cars.. ;( I dont know if there is any exhaust system out there that will have zero drone on a tiptronic.. if anyone knows of one..please do tell..

Old 02-16-2011, 07:42 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,Cargraphics,medium sound version,TUV approved........I have one ,so I know....

Old 02-16-2011, 10:40 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
On the second part of your question about your lip scraping, is this a garage just for you, or shared? If it's just for you, why not just put a couple of pieces of wood down where the angle changes?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 AM
moto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to allmoto is a name known to all
Originally Posted by boca996tt
tip cars have more drone then the 6 speed cars.. ;( I dont know if there is any exhaust system out there that will have zero drone on a tiptronic.. if anyone knows of one..please do tell..
The Gemballa exhaust on my 996TT has no drone at all at low RPM where my old TIP was very susceptable to drone. The Gemballa is a great exhaust but I'm looking to get a 3 inch system for my bigger turbos - and will probably have to put up with drone again...

-M

Last edited by moto; 02-16-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:26 AM
reddswiss has a spectacular aura aboutreddswiss has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
On the second part of your question about your lip scraping, is this a garage just for you, or shared? If it's just for you, why not just put a couple of pieces of wood down where the angle changes?
It's a shared subterranean garage, very steep and around 11 feet from top to bottom with a hard right turn needed to enter. I put a 996 CS4 spoiler lip on yesterday.
Exiting is ok now, I still get a little rub entering at the bottom of the drive.
Taking a run on the Autobahn Friday to have a Cargraphic installed at their shop. My nav says 3 hours, 10 minutes, we'll see! They want me there at 8:am.

Last edited by reddswiss; 02-16-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:50 AM
intheflesh has a spectacular aura aboutintheflesh has a spectacular aura aboutintheflesh has a spectacular aura about
i have a friend with a fabspeed on his 996tt. sounds like poo imo. tons of drone, and no real 'tone' to it. its just loud

Old 02-17-2011, 08:24 AM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
i would agree; much rather have a agency power than a FS.. but, might as well save your $ and buy a quality one that will last...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Choices