996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Exhaust Choices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:04 PM
reddswiss has a spectacular aura aboutreddswiss has a spectacular aura about
Exhaust Choices

I've narrowed my choices - Europipe , Cargraphics and the Fabspeed moderate exhaust.

Because of price only, I'm leaning more towards the Fabspeed. After all the reading I've done, I hear conflicting accounts of drone/no drone. What are some members experiences with this product and others. I want to get as close to right the first time as I can.

My upgrade list is not huge. Exhaust, flash & diverter valves. Probably going with UMW for the flash.

This spring I'll do the coilovers if it feels like I need them. Car has the sport suspension option. It also is sitting pretty low now, might have had previous suspension work. It's hard to tell as I have the winter all weather Nokian 235/40 and 295/35 tires. I am drifting before anything else.

Last thing, my garage is subterranean and has a shorter steep ramp. I am rubbing the front spoiler no matter the angle of attack, both in and out. Are there any options to correct this.

I know it's a long post. I really am enjoying the 996, it's a whole different animal than my previous 911's. The car is tight now.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:08 PM
TekNiC3 is infamous around these partsTekNiC3 is infamous around these parts
If you do long drives and do not want a loud exhaust, the Fabspeed will not be for you.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
The only way to tell for sure is to catch a ride in car with the aformentioned exhausts. The UTube video's are a poor way to compare.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:41 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
If you are $ conscious then just remember you will get what you pay for. The EP is a given quantity in the drone dept. Cant say the same for the others.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:10 AM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
I think the cargraphic loud export sounds the best... you can get it registered as a normal non-export loud, so it will be legal in our country...! you should look into that!

Europipe is a huuuge hype at the moment, but it is 100% justified, because their product is best in terms of quality! The sound is pretty awesome as well, but I think they are a bit quiet. ( I am aware of the fact that the cargraphic loud export isn't all that loud either)

Where in Switzerland are you located? I'm in Zürich

Best regards,
Yannick

Old 02-12-2011, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by zooyorker
I think the cargraphic loud export sounds the best... you can get it registered as a normal non-export loud, so it will be legal in our country...! you should look into that!

Europipe is a huuuge hype at the moment, but it is 100% justified, because their product is best in terms of quality! The sound is pretty awesome as well, but I think they are a bit quiet. ( I am aware of the fact that the cargraphic loud export isn't all that loud either)

Where in Switzerland are you located? I'm in Zürich

Best regards,
Yannick
Yannick,
I'm in Bülach, was in Kilchberg. Thank's for the info .

Regards,
Scott

Old 02-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by speed21
If you are $ conscious then just remember you will get what you pay for. The EP is a given quantity in the drone dept. Cant say the same for the others.

Are you saying the EP1 does or does not drone? How do you like your EP?

Old 02-12-2011, 08:39 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,Do yourself a favor and try to listen to a Cargraphics medium sound,TUV approved system.I was in the same boat as you.There is no drone,large HJS cats,makes great power .......as tested in European Car magazine on a 996 turbo X-50.....Thats why I bought mine.....I am not trying to sell you mine,even though I do have it for sale at a great price....If I do not sell it soon ,I am going to change the 200 cats to 100 cats because I still like this system...Now with my bigger turbos ,I want to try a less restrictive system........Ask Tony from EPL labs,that is his favorite system and has heard and dynoed alot of our cars........Have a great day and good luck

Old 02-12-2011, 09:00 AM
arortiz has a spectacular aura aboutarortiz has a spectacular aura aboutarortiz has a spectacular aura about
Johnspeed what exhaust are you selling exactly and how much? I may be interested, my email is arortiz@libertypr.net or call 787-403-1491. Can''t send pms yet.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:56 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
EP2 Quiet, no drone.

I have a EP2 Loud, and I love the sound..I don't know if it 'drones'. I would not buy an EP1.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:14 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Look at SpeedTech 2.5" system or talk to Markski at 911tuning. The best options IMO.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:58 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Yes, those Two are great options with out the Porsche tax .......lol........When I bought my Cargraphics and paid that price.....I could not want to tell my friends and co workers the price BECAUSE.....They would not believe me,,They would laugh at me,They would think I have a money tree... OR...They would think I was nuts....lol.......OR all of the above??????

Old 02-12-2011, 06:14 PM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
The Cargraphic muffler hangs really low. You have to watch with
steep driveways.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnspeed
.......as tested in European Car magazine on a 996 turbo X-50.....
Does anyone have a link to this article? I've seen it references numerous times but cannot find it online.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:22 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
i have an EP for sale.. it's awesome ... i had to upgrade to a 3" because of bigger turbos

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Choices