996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

MAF driving me mad !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 02:37 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
My MAF is 1.35 - 1.41V .... MAF replaced last week ... still get the occassional Hot MAF Film .... car is BONE stock except for RPI Exhaust ..

Old 02-25-2011, 02:38 AM
andymac is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GatorPorsche
I had this same problem after I did a reflash, they change a part of my reflash and I haven't had the problem again. I can give you the name of the people. Renntec did the reflash so you can call them and they can tell you what they did to resole the problem.
Have you got the name of the person who sorted it

Old 02-25-2011, 04:36 AM
madmaxgr is infamous around these parts
if you had already ceck your maf take a look at the o2 sensnors
i was have the same problem last year and th problem was the first
o2 sensors .

Old 02-25-2011, 05:49 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
in some cases it is the stoplight switch is out of order, and force a abs/psm failure ABS / PSM Warning Light On
ABS / PSM gauge light appears for no apparent reason.

Possible Causes:
•A wheel came off the ground, wheel hop from accelerating quickly at a low speed, or you hit a pothole (Solution: Turn off the car completely, then turn it back on. The ABS/PSM light will clear itself if this was the case.)
•Failed Brake Sensor (Solution: replace brake sensor approx $20.00)
•Failed or damaged wheel speed sensor (Solution: check datalog codes for left or right sensor failure, swap left and right sensors and see if the failure moves to the opposite side. Replace if code states failure moved to opposite side. Leave sensors alone if code doesn't change.)
•ABS Ring on Axle (Solution: clean the ring)
•Bad Wiring Harness (Testing: Run double 16ga wire from wheel speed sensor directly to ABS box and check for code to clear itself. Solution: Order repair kit and fix harness.)
•Bad ABS Module (This is expensive and should be your last resort. Solution: Repair ABS Module

Last edited by winnigt2; 02-25-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Would these apply to Hot Film MAF codes?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:12 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
Would these apply to Hot Film MAF codes?
i understand your question, but after a new maf and checked connections i would look at a new diagnoseroute....direct at abs/psm system...

Old 02-25-2011, 07:08 AM
So a malfunction of the ABS/PSM system would fire off a Hot Film MAF as well?

Old 02-25-2011, 07:22 AM
andymac is infamous around these parts
Boost hoses are all nice and tight.
Checked my brake lights are working. Does this mean by brake switch is ok ?

Old 02-25-2011, 07:46 AM
madmaxgr is infamous around these parts
check the O2 sensor ...............................??????????????:roll eyes:

Old 02-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by andymac
Boost hoses are all nice and tight.
Checked my brake lights are working. Does this mean by brake switch is ok ?
no that is tricky thing....brake lights work....

Old 02-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by madmaxgr
check the O2 sensor ...............................??????????????:roll eyes:
with durametric no problem....and quick to do....compare left and right side....

Old 02-25-2011, 11:19 AM
k I have durametric ... could anyone give me a hand to figure out whats what?

Old 02-26-2011, 12:09 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
what values in the Durametric software we have to tic to check for faulty O2 sensors, and when checking does the car need to be drivin or just idling?

and how do i know if its faulty, does the reading from both sides has to match?

Old 02-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by jalmood
what values in the Durametric software we have to tic to check for faulty O2 sensors, and when checking does the car need to be drivin or just idling?

and how do i know if its faulty, does the reading from both sides has to match?
RPM Mass air flow Oxygen sensing, bank 1 Oxygen sensing, bank 2 Boost pressure of sensor

log it at idle....lambda on both sides schould be near equal....lambda 1

check it under load and especially in the case when failure comes...under load lambda is under 1... but both sides near equal

Old 02-26-2011, 02:06 AM
svldvc is a jewel in the roughsvldvc is a jewel in the roughsvldvc is a jewel in the rough
Talking

Originally Posted by winnigt2
in some cases it is the stoplight switch is out of order, and force a abs/psm failure ABS / PSM Warning Light On
ABS / PSM gauge light appears for no apparent reason.

Possible Causes:
•A wheel came off the ground, wheel hop from accelerating quickly at a low speed, or you hit a pothole (Solution: Turn off the car completely, then turn it back on. The ABS/PSM light will clear itself if this was the case.)
•Failed Brake Sensor (Solution: replace brake sensor approx $20.00)
•Failed or damaged wheel speed sensor (Solution: check datalog codes for left or right sensor failure, swap left and right sensors and see if the failure moves to the opposite side. Replace if code states failure moved to opposite side. Leave sensors alone if code doesn't change.)
•ABS Ring on Axle (Solution: clean the ring)
•Bad Wiring Harness (Testing: Run double 16ga wire from wheel speed sensor directly to ABS box and check for code to clear itself. Solution: Order repair kit and fix harness.)
•Bad ABS Module (This is expensive and should be your last resort. Solution: Repair ABS Module

Thank YOU for posting this...
Will need to use this.
My 996 C4 was damaged in Driver Side front wheel (torn off)
Had it ALL replaced, and PSM/ABS lights are on.

Will follow your steps trying to see if I can find the problem.
Thanks a million bud!!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MAF driving me mad !