996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

MAF driving me mad !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 07:33 AM
andymac is infamous around these parts
Angry MAF driving me mad !

Last year battery died. Bought a new Bosch silver.
Ever since then at high speed the ABS & PSM lights will come on.
The car otherwise drives very well. Pulls hard in 1st,2nd,3rd all the way to the red. In 4th when you are WOT over 100mph the warning lights appear.

Codes that come up are 115 hot mass film sensor
and 5525 dme incorrect data transfer

New MAF made no difference

Got told it might be alternator. Bought new one, made no difference.

Its driving me mad !

I'm sure I read that people have had issues with speed sensors that effect the abs/psm.

Any help appreciated

Its a 996TT 2001 with stage 1 remap, fabspeed exhaust, paper air filter

Old 02-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Just to add. Put my old battery back in and it still did it. So not the battery

Old 02-24-2011, 07:44 AM
GT2996TT has a spectacular aura aboutGT2996TT has a spectacular aura about
Who tuned it?

Old 02-24-2011, 07:48 AM
Company called Fearnsport in Uk. Car drove fine after remap including a trackday.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:45 AM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by andymac
Company called Fearnsport in Uk. Car drove fine after remap including a trackday.
Any intake mods ?

Can you flash back to the stock tune to test ?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:26 AM
No intake mods.
Would need to take it back to tuner to get back to standard.
Why would the remap cause this error after the battery was disconnected ?

Old 02-24-2011, 12:25 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
When I troubleshoot something

I like to revert back to the last working condition, if this problem never existed before the flash, I would revert back, assuming it's feasible. If you can't generate the problem with the stock tune, then likely something is fishy with the flash or ECU.

You could try reseting the ECU by disconnecting the battery again, disconnect, wait 5-10 minutes, re-connect, test.

No intake mods.
Would need to take it back to tuner to get back to standard.
Why would the remap cause this error after the battery was disconnected ?

Old 02-24-2011, 12:43 PM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
same as you, i have been suffering from this problem for a long time now and found no solution, i have gone through 4 new MAFS now and still the same problem persists, but my line of mods is way more than just a flash and an exhaust, wrote a couple of times in the forum but no solution until now, i allways drive around with my laptop and durametric cable in the car to clear out the fault codes, please keep this thread alive in hope to get a solution to this irritating problem, i reached a stage where i wanted to sell the car because of this problem.....

Old 02-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Don't think it's related to the remap. Car was fine for over a year after the remap

Old 02-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Sorry I couldn't help :(

Must be frustrating, I've been there before with my old car.

Don't think it's related to the remap. Car was fine for over a year after the remap

Old 02-24-2011, 05:48 PM
GatorPorsche is infamous around these parts
I had this same problem after I did a reflash, they change a part of my reflash and I haven't had the problem again. I can give you the name of the people. Renntec did the reflash so you can call them and they can tell you what they did to resole the problem.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:38 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
why dont you have one of the us tuners flash your car and see what happens, give protomotive a call or , email 911 tuning on here.

a solution may be a hitachi maf , that evoms uses . or you can uprgade your turbos and go with a blow through setup with the ford maf . its bulletproof.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I'm in the same boat ... is this really a MAF issue? or something else? perhaps it throws a false "Hot MAF" code for something else?

Old 02-25-2011, 01:17 AM
I have tried two brand new MAFS. Both threw maf error code at high speed. It's not the maf for me anyway.
Going to recheck all my boost hose connections

Old 02-25-2011, 02:17 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
sometimes stupid failures....check the connection to the maf sensor, cables, contacts... clean and use contactspray at the connection....log the maf voltage....and analyse till the failure come again

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MAF driving me mad !