996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Race deck floor in your garage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 09:46 AM
GBG
GBG is a jewel in the roughGBG is a jewel in the roughGBG is a jewel in the rough
Race deck floor in your garage

Anyone have the black and white race deck flooring in your garage? If yes, can you post some pics? I am thinking of getting it installed. Any recommendations of where to purchase?

Also, for those of yo who have it, is there an issue with moisture from your tires or car (when wet from rain or snow) getting under the flooring (and causing mold, etc.)? Thanks.

GBG

Old 03-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Banned
Tim W. is infamous around these parts
Not to be rude but the search tool is your friend.

Search Results

Old 03-22-2005, 10:38 AM
GBG
GBG is a jewel in the roughGBG is a jewel in the roughGBG is a jewel in the rough
Tim: You're absolutely right! Should've searched first. My bad.

Thanks for the link.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:03 PM
DrJim is infamous around these parts
i helped a friend install his and it will be impossible to keep white clean. Looks nice when first put down but represents a major PITA if you want it staying that way. If you are local to Long Island and want to check it out, PM me.

Last edited by DrJim; 03-22-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
Re: Race deck floor in your garage

Originally posted by GBG
Anyone have the black and white race deck flooring in your garage? If yes, can you post some pics? I am thinking of getting it installed. Any recommendations of where to purchase?

Also, for those of yo who have it, is there an issue with moisture from your tires or car (when wet from rain or snow) getting under the flooring (and causing mold, etc.)? Thanks.

GBG
I have www.kiwitile.com, it works great. I tried both (racedeck and Kiwi) and went with Kiwi. I love it.

Roy

Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2005, 01:05 PM
GBG
Thanks Roy. Have you had any trouble with moisture getting underneath the tiles? How often do you typically clean them? Thanks.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:12 PM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
I have Kiwi also. No problem with moistrure for the tiles with small holes as they are lifted up off the floor.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:32 PM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
I love mine...$16K worth!

Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2005, 01:32 PM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
with cars...

Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2005, 01:36 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Originally posted by chucksweet
with cars...
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Sherpa is infamous around these parts
Awesome garage, Chuck! I love the old 250

Old 03-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
Originally posted by GBG
Thanks Roy. Have you had any trouble with moisture getting underneath the tiles? How often do you typically clean them? Thanks.
As posted, the Kiwi tiles have small holes in them so water can get under them and evaporate. Small dirt falls into the holes so the tiles look cleaner longer than the racedeck imo. I sweep out the big stuff and use a vacuum cleaner on it ever three months or so. That's it... Very easy to maintain.

Roy

Old 03-22-2005, 03:07 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by chucksweet
I love mine...$16K worth!
Thats hot!

I'd add the following

Mercedes 6.9
BMW M1
Yenko Camaro

Old 03-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Thats hot!

I'd add the following

Mercedes 6.9
BMW M1
Yenko Camaro

Thanks,

Yenko Camaro???

Yes, I agree...but man they are going for big bucks.

I am actually going to look at a Yenko recreation next week. I'd love to have one.

Chuck

Old 03-22-2005, 09:18 PM
02TurboX50 is infamous around these parts
I played around with several colors, and found black and graphite to be a great match that looks fantastic and doesn't show much dirt/dust/etc...

You won't be sorry if you do black and graphite, but black/red or grpahite/red look nice too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Race deck floor in your garage