996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT28 Turbo discussion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 06:56 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by emadelta86
I agree. However, TTboost's car has Meth injection, so he's nearly pushing race gas numbers..

I'm sure 90% the "basic" 18g cars have a hard time going under 7 sec on pump gas.

And BTW, if I think about MBailey's time being done with NO shifts....I really get goose bumps lol..
Thanks Emanuel!

I certainly agree with you. Most 18g cars will not go below 7sec on pump. But probably most A28 cars wont either

Old 03-03-2011, 07:14 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Yes, my car has meth and I have run in the 5's..barely. Up until now, I have had no other supporting mods. Before the meth, I ran 6.6's with only 18g's, injectors and exhaust. The addition of the meth got me to 6.2's and 6.1's and some weight loss mods got me into the 5's..again...barely...I hope to get some better times in the coming weeks, months as I have finally upgraded my intake, piping and IC's. I would expect a tenth or 2 improvement, if not more. I am very sure If I had Alpha 28's, my car would be significantly faster. In keeping with the purpose of this thread, I had K24's so 18g's was a natural progression and I highly recommend it. I think the $3k-$4k difference in price will not be noticable, seat of the pants. However, if I had K16's and was looking for an upgrade, the Alpha 28's would be a very likely solution, if not Apha30's.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:39 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Yes, my car has meth and I have run in the 5's..barely. Up until now, I have had no other supporting mods. Before the meth, I ran 6.6's with only 18g's, injectors and exhaust. The addition of the meth got me to 6.2's and 6.1's and some weight loss mods got me into the 5's..again...barely...I hope to get some better times in the coming weeks, months as I have finally upgraded my intake, piping and IC's. I would expect a tenth or 2 improvement, if not more. I am very sure If I had Alpha 28's, my car would be significantly faster. In keeping with the purpose of this thread, I had K24's so 18g's was a natural progression and I highly recommend it. I think the $3k-$4k difference in price will not be noticable, seat of the pants. However, if I had K16's and was looking for an upgrade, the Alpha 28's would be a very likely solution, if not Apha30's.
Hey Mike!!
Which ICs did you get? How does the car drive with your new mods? 1-2 tenths may be too conservative. Your car was a freak before the mods it should be a bigger freak now!!

Old 03-04-2011, 04:18 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I agree. However, TTboost's car has Meth injection, so he's nearly pushing race gas numbers..

I'm sure 90% the "basic" 18g cars have a hard time going under 7 sec on pump gas.

And BTW, if I think about MBailey's time being done with NO shifts....I really get goose bumps lol..
Originally Posted by MBailey
Did a little research... The drivers can of course correct me on this topic if needed but best 60-130s on straight pump (no meth or race fuel) I could find was 6.62 (ttboost) and 6.86 (skandalis). There very little A28 data period. Alphadog28 (Clay) ran a 6.47s but this was on meth. There is some anecdotal story about a Switzer P800 running a 6.3x on pump but this has not been verified. I have not run my car on pump in years so I have no data on what it would do. I would certainly hope it could get a 6.5x...
Haven't driven it yet, only started it. Gonna finally bring it home today. Been at a friends house with a lift. My garage isn't built yet

Old 03-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Haven't driven it yet, only started it. Gonna finally bring it home today. Been at a friends house with a lift. My garage isn't built yet
I suspect you will be pleased when you drive it. Which ICs did you get?

Old 03-04-2011, 06:55 AM
John at Speedtech.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:04 AM
John at Speedtech.
Good deal!

My boost went up about 1/10 of a bar when I did ICs. I guess program was calling for more boost than stock ICs could pass... Would not be surprised to see the same for you.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I desperately need injectors, so it will be a little while before I can actually test them, buy they sure look pretty....

Old 03-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Yeah, I desperately need injectors, so it will be a little while before I can actually test them, buy they sure look pretty....
You cant be on stock injectors, can you?!!!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:20 AM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
I think he's on 60lb injectors...which may be maxed out already at his power level I guess...

Maybe adding a 5bar could squeeze something more out of them?

Old 03-04-2011, 07:25 AM
I think he's on 60lb injectors...which may be maxed out already at his power level I guess...

Maybe adding a 5bar could squeeze something more out of them?
Emanuell,
I would expect his fuel system would crap out before 60lb injectors.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:33 AM
58lbers, 5bar and still on 1 stock pump. The meth helped out a little with the A/F, but we are still not comfortable where we are.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 AM
58lbers, 5bar and still on 1 stock pump. The meth helped out a little with the A/F, but we are still not comfortable where we are.
Are you sure the injectors are the limiting factor?

Old 03-04-2011, 07:39 AM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
So you are going to do bigger injectors and an additional pump?

Old 03-04-2011, 07:40 AM
If I remember correctly, Robin@epl some time ago told me that the stock pump should be good until 650whp approximately..

So you could be right on the edge maybe..

EDIT: he told me 600whp...I found the email..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT28 Turbo discussion