996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT28 Turbo discussion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 07:43 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by emadelta86
So you are going to do bigger injectors and an additional pump?
That's the plan. Need to talk to my tuner.... I've just upgraded my intake piping, IC's and Y pipe. My car was very fast down low up to 130 - 140 or so and them fell off and got lazy on the top end and we feel my stock intake was the restriction. Hoping to improve that problem. I think I can now maximize the 18g's and see what they can really do.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:45 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
If I remember correctly, Robin@epl some time ago told me that the stock pump should be good until 650whp approximately..

So you could be right on the edge maybe..

EDIT: he told me 600whp...I found the email..

Yeah, it's possible. I don't think anyone really knows or wants to find out. Rather be safe than sorry...not a ton of loot for that kind of insurance...

My car has made right about 600whp on EPL's Mustang dyno, so yeah I think we are too close for comfort...that is very close to 650+ on any other dyno...

Old 03-04-2011, 07:58 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
If I remember correctly, Robin@epl some time ago told me that the stock pump should be good until 650whp approximately..

So you could be right on the edge maybe..

EDIT: he told me 600whp...I found the email..
yep thats about it, after adding inlet pipes I had to add another inline fuel pump

Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
yep thats about it, after adding inlet pipes I had to add another inline fuel pump
Yep...kinda pretty much where I am now...

Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 AM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
So I'll be forced to do the same if I ever decide to do meth inj and push it a bit more..

My turbos are going on the car in weeks, with inlets and IC's, 72lb inj. Tony told me we will stay at around 650 at the crank on pump fuel, with room for more if I want.

If I add meth I could run into this fueling issue too I guess.

And BTW this modding thing is getting out of hand for god sake..I'm going to drop another 1k for the lwfw...I'm at 10k+ not counting the installation danm it!

Last edited by emadelta86; 03-04-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:49 AM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mechanic just installed my new built tiptronic tranny, GT2 RS intercoolers and second fuel pump. Hopefully I get my car back soon.

I am very excited to try out the alpha 28's with the torque converter!

I run 1.3 bar on pump (~500 at the wheels) and 1.7 bar on race (~560 at the wheels).

650 crank hp on pump sounds about right....I have about that amount (500whp / .75= 666hp) I have alpha 28's with inlet piping, agency i/c y-pipe tb plenum exhaust and injectors (AWD).

Last edited by bad107; 03-04-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:51 AM
So I'll be forced to do the same if I ever decide to do meth inj and push it a bit more..

My turbos are going on the car in weeks, with inlets and IC's, 72lb inj. Tony told me we will stay at around 650 at the crank on pump fuel, with room for more if I want.

If I add meth I could run into this fueling issue too I guess.

And BTW this modding thing is getting out of hand for god sake..I'm going to drop another 1k for the lwfw...I'm at 10k+ not counting the installation danm it!

Drive a car with LWFW before you do it, if you can. You might not like it.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:07 AM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kaizu
The A28s seem to be the greatest choice for a street/track Turbo. However, there is not much real world acceleration data apart from MBailey and his crazy fast time. That is not a problem, but as you can see, the A28 vs. K24/18g dyno thread went somewhat into an argument, as not much acceleration data with different mods exists for the A28s. Of course, they are superior to 18gs as seen from the dynos...and prices. It just seems the A28 guys are just happy enjoying their cars and not posting any times. And MBailey has the proof of a fast one. (The Switzer P800 kits are with modified A28s, so they cannot be directly compared.)

However, at the same time it seem some K24/18g guys push easily 6.5sec 60-130mph times on PUMP GAS with 4WD with only injectors and exhaust. (I am talking about ttboost, and Greek guys). That's great performance. Can A28s with only basic mods perform similarly? I think so, but have yet no proof of it. So, that is a great statement for K24/18gs and for their bang for the buck...they do work. Of course, A28s are the modern choice with no lag (and more headroom if one gets hungry?).
The switzer p800 kits come with Tial Alpha 28s. Switzer does nothing to modify them. I made sure of this when I ordered my alpha 28s from Switzer.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:33 AM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttboost
Drive a car with LWFW before you do it, if you can. You might not like it.
Yes, I know what you mean....I drove a 993 some time ago with lwfw and sintered clutch disc...starting the car was very difficult and easy to stall....and I heard a couple of 996's rattling due to the LWFW..

The point is I drive the car only during weekends, just for fun and for the pleasure of a good spirited drive...plus some track sessions once in a while...so I don't really mind if it's not user-friendly and quiet...
Plus, my stock FW has 60k miles on it...so it needs replaced anyway while doing the clutch I think..

Old 03-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Yes, I know what you mean....I drove a 993 some time ago with lwfw and sintered clutch disc...starting the car was very difficult and easy to stall....and I heard a couple of 996's rattling due to the LWFW..

The point is I drive the car only during weekends, just for fun and for the pleasure of a good spirited drive...plus some track sessions once in a while...so I don't really mind if it's not user-friendly and quiet...
Plus, my stock FW has 60k miles on it...so it needs replaced anyway while doing the clutch I think..

Yes, it seems I don't drive mine much anymore either, especially after converting to to RWD. That's why I grabbed a RS6. I bought a brand new stock dual mass flywheel thinking I would convert back, but probably not going to now.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:22 PM
IMO, you already have a wanderful all-year round daily driver.....leave the TT as is, to have real fun once in a while..

Old 03-04-2011, 07:38 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bad107
The switzer p800 kits come with Tial Alpha 28s. Switzer does nothing to modify them. I made sure of this when I ordered my alpha 28s from Switzer.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but something doesn't add up of what you were told, vs. what they advertize the kit comes with (from SPI's website):

SWITZER-MODIFIED GT28 ALPHA TURBOS

Maybe Neil can chime in to confirm what's what.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:57 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Switzer doesn't modify them tial does, switzer orders a customized turbo from tial

Old 03-04-2011, 09:06 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
Switzer doesn't modify them tial does, switzer orders a customized turbo from tial
Okay; that's what I thought I'd read.

So the P800 has a custom-spec'd TiAL Alpha GT28 turbo - which means, it isn't the TiAL Alpha A28 billet turbo, which is an "off-the-shelf" TiAL turbo offering (albeit an excellent one, from all accounts) that anyone can buy from TiAL.

AFAIK, I think EVOMS does the same thing - they advertise a "TiAL Alpha GT28 - V3" which is a custom-spec'd turbo, not a TiAL A28 turbo.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM
Okay; that's what I thought I'd read.

So the P800 has a custom-spec'd TiAL Alpha GT28 turbo - which means, it isn't the TiAL Alpha A28 billet turbo, which is an "off-the-shelf" TiAL turbo offering (albeit an excellent one, from all accounts) that anyone can buy from TiAL.

AFAIK, I think EVOMS does the same thing - they advertise a "TiAL Alpha GT28 - V3" which is a custom-spec'd turbo, not a TiAL A28 turbo.
When I looked into the matter (after talking with Tial and Switzer), Switzer's alpha 28 turbos are the latest version of the usual tial alpha 28 that is offered by many people. Oh, I also own a pair and bought them from Switzer...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT28 Turbo discussion