996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Carbon Roof

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:35 PM
B.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud of
Vorsteiner Carbon Roof

Quick pic of my Vorsteiner carbon roof installed by Paul at Wheel Enhancement. The head liner was custom made by his upholstery guy. I'll post better pics soon.

Attached Images  

Last edited by B.Lasek; 03-03-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Very clean looking.. I am interested in doing something like this. Does the roof wiggle or make any noises?

Old 03-02-2011, 01:00 PM
B.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud of
It's more solid than the original. It will vibrate if you don't put a headliner up.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:14 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Looks amazing. Do you have a full cage in?

Tom

Old 03-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
is it worth the price?

Old 03-02-2011, 05:08 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Looks good how much was it installed with headliner?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
+1000 on the cage. I recall a few years back an enthusiast in a 911 with a converted carbon roof (and no cage) died when he rolled his car during a group drive. Pretty sad....definitely need a full cage if you are going to use a carbon fiber roof.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by tvurt
Looks amazing. Do you have a full cage in?

Tom
Thanks, I have a bolt in roll bar.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by Blockhed
is it worth the price?
It's pricey but I got a real good deal. It depends on how serious you are about getting rid of weight up top. Both windows have to come out (I had a crack in my windshield that insurance covered so it saved me from having to buy a new one), new headliner, cost of the carbon roof and labor. It's an easy $2000 job. If you're in So. Ca. and think you want it done let me know and I can get you in touch with Paul to give you a quote. It can be done in 1-2 days.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:10 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by B.Lasek
It's pricey but I got a real good deal. It depends on how serious you are about getting rid of weight up top. Both windows have to come out (I had a crack in my windshield that insurance covered so it saved me from having to buy a new one), new headliner, cost of the carbon roof and labor. It's an easy $2000 job. If you're in So. Ca. and think you want it done let me know and I can get you in touch with Paul to give you a quote. It can be done in 1-2 days.
Is it 2 grand including parts (the roof and hardware etc..) and labor? If so that's actually not too bad for the work involved, assuming it doesn't include paintwork...how do they fasten the roof...I've always been skeptic of modifying structural components of the chassis outside of the original factory spec/build. I was wondering about this and weighing this specific mod against finding a car without a sunroof from the factory (which is really very rare) when I was looking for a 996TT. As it turned out, I bought a non-sunroof one owner X50 car that I knew the original owner as we both instruct for PCA, I had seen the car many times before and knew a bit about it and it's history - he waited a year to get the car from Porsche in '02 as it was a special order Gt2 body...we've since taken out the Dasport rollbar and put the factory seats back in as it will be used predominantly as a street car now with maybe a couple of track days per year if even that so I can have something to take students out in on track.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
Is it 2 grand including parts (the roof and hardware etc..) and labor? If so that's actually not too bad for the work involved, assuming it doesn't include paintwork...how do they fasten the roof...I've always been skeptic of modifying structural components of the chassis outside of the original factory spec/build. I was wondering about this and weighing this specific mod against finding a car without a sunroof from the factory (which is really very rare) when I was looking for a 996TT. As it turned out, I bought a non-sunroof one owner X50 car that I knew the original owner as we both instruct for PCA, I had seen the car many times before and knew a bit about it and it's history - he waited a year to get the car from Porsche in '02 as it was a special order Gt2 body...we've since taken out the Dasport rollbar and put the factory seats back in as it will be used predominantly as a street car now with maybe a couple of track days per year if even that so I can have something to take students out in on track.

Like I said that is a rough guess due to me working out my own deal with getting it installed. I did get it clear coated after getting it from Vorsteiner (before install). My old roof weighed 44lbs and this one with the headliner is about 14lbs. If you are interested in getting this done you would have to talk to Paul at Wheel Enhancement about cost.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Looks good, Vorsteiner does great work.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:09 PM
pumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond reputepumalex has a reputation beyond repute
damn more pics of your car please

Old 03-03-2011, 04:14 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Interested in seeing more pics and the headliner. Looks good.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:36 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I have had my CF roof for about two years now and I love it! BTW good looking turbo!
Robert

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Roof