996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

stock wheels with body kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
There is always this trepidation by people who haven't done spacers to do 7mm front and 15mm rear. 15mm all around fits with NO mods. 21mm rears if your roll the rear fenders. It doesn't matter if you car is lowered or what kind of suspension you have. The wheels generally do not go any further up into the body on a lowered car. They just have less total travel.

For the record the factory rolls the rear fenders on the GT2 to accommodate more wheel in the rear. All front fenders are factory rolled. As Mr white mentioned, I also ran 7mm spacers on 12" GT2 wheels/tires with 315 tires with great success (no rub).

To roll fenders, just buy a 2lb mallet, cover the striking end with duct tape so that it doesn't chip the paint, remove the rear wheel, and beat back the fender lip gently. 5 minutes later the fenders are rolled all the way back.

If you're super worried about fit, put on the desired spacers and drive one wheel of the car up the steepest curb you can find. This will "cross up" the suspension putting a lot of weight on two wheels compressing the suspension and let you closely inspect fit before driving into the sunset kissing your new found wider track.

I went H&R Spacers and bolts available here: http://www.automotion.com/catalogsea...R+wheel+spacer

Factory wheel bolts are 45mm so you will need 45mm + wheel spacer longer bolts. IE 45mm + 15mm spacer = 60mm bolt

OK just thumbed through the automotion catalogue:

H&R DR Series wheel spacers:
909570 7mm
909571 14mm
909572 15mm
915346 23mm

Weltmeister Turbo star spacer:
910651 21mm

H&R DR Series Wheel Bolts:
910261 52mm (for 7mm spacer)
910262 60mm (for 14 & 15mm spacer, these work fine for 7mm in my experience)
910268 68mm (for 21 and 23mm spacer)

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 03-19-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:27 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pistol
which spacers do you go with? which spacers come w/extended bolts???
Bimmec has really nice quality ones (I get mine via AE Performance).

Old 03-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Mr. White: a bit off topic but I have 2 sets of RS2s in 315/18 awaiting some rims. Can't find matching fronts. Looks like you mixed and matched with RS3s. Opinions?

Old 03-19-2011, 07:15 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari
Mr. White: a bit off topic but I have 2 sets of RS2s in 315/18 awaiting some rims. Can't find matching fronts. Looks like you mixed and matched with RS3s. Opinions?
I ran 245/40 RS3 fronts, slightly taller than they should but actually makes good for roll-axis - however rolling radius isn't perfect for the diff (but I ran 2WD so didn't have to worry).

The combination works really well in all cases except really hotlapping for more than 3-4 laps in high temp (90+), then the rears get fairly greasy. Take it down a notch to 95% then it's good again.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:41 AM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
Ari, best post yet... Thanks VERY much!

Originally Posted by ari
There is always this trepidation by people who haven't done spacers to do 7mm front and 15mm rear. 15mm all around fits with NO mods. 21mm rears if your roll the rear fenders. It doesn't matter if you car is lowered or what kind of suspension you have. The wheels generally do not go any further up into the body on a lowered car. They just have less total travel.

For the record the factory rolls the rear fenders on the GT2 to accommodate more wheel in the rear. All front fenders are factory rolled. As Mr white mentioned, I also ran 7mm spacers on 12" GT2 wheels/tires with 315 tires with great success (no rub).

To roll fenders, just buy a 2lb mallet, cover the striking end with duct tape so that it doesn't chip the paint, remove the rear wheel, and beat back the fender lip gently. 5 minutes later the fenders are rolled all the way back.

If you're super worried about fit, put on the desired spacers and drive one wheel of the car up the steepest curb you can find. This will "cross up" the suspension putting a lot of weight on two wheels compressing the suspension and let you closely inspect fit before driving into the sunset kissing your new found wider track.

I went H&R Spacers and bolts available here: http://www.automotion.com/catalogsea...R+wheel+spacer

Factory wheel bolts are 45mm so you will need 45mm + wheel spacer longer bolts. IE 45mm + 15mm spacer = 60mm bolt

OK just thumbed through the automotion catalogue:

H&R DR Series wheel spacers:
909570 7mm
909571 14mm
909572 15mm
915346 23mm

Weltmeister Turbo star spacer:
910651 21mm

H&R DR Series Wheel Bolts:
910261 52mm (for 7mm spacer)
910262 60mm (for 14 & 15mm spacer, these work fine for 7mm in my experience)
910268 68mm (for 21 and 23mm spacer)